User Tag List

First 123

Thread: MBTI Paintings

Enneagram
    1w2

New batch. Feel free to disagree with me and tell me why.

No particular order:
    Paul Cadmus
    Steve Hawley
    Arthur F. Mathews
    James Jacques Tissot

ESTJ

ESTP

ENJ

ESFP
    Last edited by proteanmix; 07-22-2007 at 08:53 PM. Reason: added artists
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I definitely agree with you on all of those!

Although maybe the bottom one is ISFP. Of course, I'm looking at the woman in the pink dress on the right -- maybe it's the sense of independence she has from the people who are close together.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I definitely agree with you on all of those!

Although maybe the bottom one is ISFP. Of course, I'm looking at the woman in the pink dress on the right -- maybe it's the sense of independence she has from the people who are close together.
    Yes I initially thought ISFP, but then I thought that the focus on the painting was movement filtered through feeling, SeFi. It has that dreamy Fi quality to it, I think.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

Do you guys think S-s make more photorealistic artwork?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    Do you guys think S-s make more photorealistic artwork?
    I do. I also think they'd be prone to creating works involving patterns, textures, and in general works that involve being physicially involved with the piece (like sculptures and installations). But I can't be sure. What do you think Shimpei?

Enneagram
    1w2

bump

I've been meaning to type this painting for a while and was reminded while surfing the Smithsonian website. I think this is a fairly famous painting.

Elizabeth Winthrop Chanler, painter John Singer Sargent

Her gaze is intimidatingly direct and intense, but she seems restrained and controlled. I'm thinking either FP or TJ (a little more FP).

MBTI
    INFP

These are incredible. Thanks for sharing.

The woman in the above painting is mesmerising.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I thought paranoia was more of a radically Intuitive trait.

I said SJ because the painting seems to depict something relatively ordinary and to me, it's rather uninteresting and boring -- much like most SJs I've come into contact with.
    Not at all. Inferior intuition can be extremely paranoid, and often manifests inself in the form of nightmares.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I'm not very good at interpreting paintings or explaining myself, so bear with me.

What makes me think ISTJ (although I'm completely open to other opinions) is that this painting feels paranoid to me, like Si gone bad. A man is peering over his shoulder at the viewer. You can't see his eyes and his expression is disapproving and he's the only person's face you see completely. Everyone else's face is in profile or obscured. The woman with the magazine covering her face is anonymous. The people in this painting all seem interchangeable to me, like just faces in the crowd. The lady in stall 117 is clutching the guys elbow like she's holding on to something (Si). I noticed the vibrant reds and oranges on each person in the stalls but the color scheme seems monochromatic. This suggests to me that this painting needs such brilliant color to shake it loose of its banality. Everyone's body language is downcast and sullen. The whole painting feels like the aftermath of society gone wrong and these are ragged survivors. They're even in a waiting room with numbered stalls. How bureaucratic is that?!
    I think that's an excellent analysis (of course, I'm no art critic...whatever)
    There's so much emphasis what *can't be seen*