User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: MBTI Paintings

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    ISJ (ISTJ?)

Yes, the theme is very ISTJ; realistic, detailed, and quite literal. It captures the themes of the everyday world, which particularly appeals to the ISTJ.
    Meh, I call bullshit on both of you. The image isn't that naturalistically rendered at all, nor is it obsessively detailed. The color scheme is excessively exaggerated, and the use of complimentary colors seems to be used to add a surreal and jangling quality to the seemlingly commonplace scene. [I mean, how often do you really see everyone randomly color coordinated like they're presented in this image? Look at the repetition of orange, for example]. Additionally, the placement of the magazine to substitute [at least visually] the woman's head isn't accidental; it's an intentional statement, especially in the context of the rest of the image.

Nah, not ISTJ -- it strikes me as too subtle for all of that.

I'd say INTJ, perhaps even ENTJ.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by raincrow007 View Post
    Meh, I call bullshit on both of you. The image isn't that naturalistically rendered at all, nor is it obsessively detailed. The color scheme is excessively exaggerated, and the use of complimentary colors seems to be used to add a surreal and jangling quality to the seemlingly commonplace scene. [I mean, how often do you really see everyone randomly color coordinated like they're presented in this image? Look at the repetition of orange, for example]. Additionally, the placement of the magazine to substitute [at least visually] the woman's head isn't accidental; it's an intentional statement, especially in the context of the rest of the image.

I was thinking more in terms of the theme and what the painting is about. It's a very down-to-earth environment about everyday life. Despite not being very realistic in terms of composition, it certainly doesn't have much of a fantastical vibe.

And ENTJs are not subtle!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I was thinking more in terms of the theme and what the painting is about. It's a very down-to-earth environment about everyday life. Despite not being very realistic in terms of composition, it certainly doesn't have much of a fantastical vibe.

And ENTJs are not subtle!
    The color scheme isn't subtle either. Complimentary colors cause maxium impact because they are opposites, and therefore create the most visual tension.

The subject matter is irrelevant. However, I'm curious -- what do you think this painting actually depicts?

I don't think it's as concrete as you think it is.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by raincrow007 View Post

I'm not very good at interpreting paintings or explaining myself, so bear with me.

What makes me think ISTJ (although I'm completely open to other opinions) is that this painting feels paranoid to me, like Si gone bad. A man is peering over his shoulder at the viewer. You can't see his eyes and his expression is disapproving and he's the only person's face you see completely. Everyone else's face is in profile or obscured. The woman with the magazine covering her face is anonymous. The people in this painting all seem interchangeable to me, like just faces in the crowd. The lady in stall 117 is clutching the guys elbow like she's holding on to something (Si). I noticed the vibrant reds and oranges on each person in the stalls but the color scheme seems monochromatic. This suggests to me that this painting needs such brilliant color to shake it loose of its banality. Everyone's body language is downcast and sullen. The whole painting feels like the aftermath of society gone wrong and these are ragged survivors. They're even in a waiting room with numbered stalls. How bureaucratic is that?!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I'm not very good at interpreting paintings or explaining myself, so bear with me.

What makes me think ISTJ (although I'm completely open to other opinions) is that this painting feels paranoid to me, like Si gone bad.
    Where you see paranoia, I see control issues -- both from the artist's choice of style, as well as within the characters in the image itself. When I think of control issues, I tend to think of INTJ or ENTJ. Probably just my personal bias, though.

Although I could see your expanded interpretation as valid too.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I thought paranoia was more of a radically Intuitive trait.

I said SJ because the painting seems to depict something relatively ordinary and to me, it's rather uninteresting and boring -- much like most SJs I've come into contact with.

MBTI
    INFP

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

That one's definitely Ni; I'm leaning toward INFJ. It's just so damn mysterious.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Darn! I think that's blood on those stairs. I'm going to have to choose between never knowing what is in there or dying a gruesome death. I'm not sure which is worse. Maybe it's not blood . . .
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

This strikes me as INTP for some reason...

Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.