User Tag List

First 45678 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

True. I'll edit that in at some point.

But again, I do agree with you in the sense that there's way too much stock in the I and E for overall personality.
    An E might be just as, and even more adroit in a field that the introvert specializes in.
    Just the same, an introvert might be able to adapt so quickly (for whatever reason) that they learn, in very little time, to trump any the Es who expert and champion those fields.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Your intellectual affairs are well-lit.

Your knowledge of type surpasses my own. (Although, to be fair, I know very little about very little -- yet, my grand ignorance shouldn't discourage you from polishing the P/J continuum further.)

What say you to the premise that T/F can be equally expressed, without sacrificing the utility of either?

MBTI
    ENTP

Come again?

The question, not the compliments.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

Aw come on guys...
    The only one brave enough to post after the mammoth is Night, and basically just stopped by to deliver flowers.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTP

I actually agree with your TP analysis. It's something that was so profound and enlightening that it will take me a few days to ponder. When I have sufficiently digested and comprehended said massive post, I will get back to you. For now I will leave my brain to slowly get back to a state of equilibrium. I fear it has been overtaxed.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

It would probably help to define what emotive valuation is a little more. You seem to describe the mechanics of it, but only slightly glance on what its actually implementation is.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah I know, Feeling is way lacking.
    My editation privileges will be taken before I finish writing so I'll just post a second draft.
    we fukin won boys

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Responding to the self is also the reason for delayed reaction, or no reaction at all. Introverts have a more difficult time reacting to the environment quickly. This is because much has happened and the self needs to be acclimated, before any further action can take place.
    Extraverts on the other hand are more comfortable with the environment (which is why we call them that -- if they weren't we'd call them introverts) and can respond more quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    When you say that introverts react slower to the environment, do you mean adapt more slowly? I think you do. Once comfortable in an environment, the introvert is just as quick as the extrovert, and perhaps more at ease, because the extrovert seems to always want to "extend borders" so to speak.

To me, the understanding of Nocapszy's point would explain why such observations occur, like for e.g., in terms of differences b/w INTP & ENTP, where it seems that the ENTP says out loud what the INTP is thinking. It's not merely a difficult time responding to the environment, but, a difficult time figuring out how best to approach the environment (to choose from all the options in one's head, rather than make it like Nike and "just do it"). Difference in directing inwards versus directing outwards.

As such, I don't think it makes any commentary on the 'quality' of the responding, simply an observation that the outcome of being extroverted (inclination towards) allows for less reaction-time to changing environment.

The benefit that introversion affords is that more reaction-time means more thought-out, and more understanding of how 'self' relates to the environment...which, seems self-explanatory in terms of the benefits this approach can afford.

And, to me, there's a great distinction between reaction and adaptation. One is a momentary capture, the latter is long(er)-range.

And, when one is comfortable with an environment, it seems secondary to even look at introversion and extroversion, regardless. Cuz then it's more of a question of familiarity than anything else, and for that, it's a general human observation. More comfortable means easier to navigate, to the point of making it moot to look at such differences that may have risen due to 'type' or broad type-categor(ies).

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    To me, the understanding of Nocapszy's point would explain why such observations occur, like for e.g., in terms of differences b/w INTP & ENTP, where it seems that the ENTP says out loud what the INTP is thinking. It's not merely a difficult time responding to the environment, but, a difficult time figuring out how best to approach the environment (to choose from all the options in one's head, rather than make it like Nike and "just do it"). Difference in directing inwards versus directing outwards.

As such, I don't think it makes any commentary on the 'quality' of the responding, simply an observation that the outcome of being extroverted (inclination towards) allows for less reaction-time to changing environment.

The benefit that introversion affords is that more reaction-time means more thought-out, and more understanding of how 'self' relates to the environment...which, seems self-explanatory in terms of the benefits this approach can afford.

And, to me, there's a great distinction between reaction and adaptation. One is a momentary capture, the latter is long(er)-range.

And, when one is comfortable with an environment, it seems secondary to even look at introversion and extroversion, regardless. Cuz then it's more of a question of familiarity than anything else, and for that, it's a general human observation. More comfortable means easier to navigate, to the point of making it moot to look at such differences that may have risen due to 'type' or broad type-categor(ies).
    You seem to be correct. All I would add at this point is that as usual, the goal must be considered. The theoretical ENTP and INTP have different goals when it comes to interaction.

ENTPs want to bring others into their train of thought, the way I see it being that they want to confirm quality externally on a regular basis. The ENTP is concerned with affecting the external world, and so if his ideas are shut down at an early stage, he'll come up with something different in order to achieve success somehow.

The INTP is concerned more with the validity of an idea in his own mind, and may let others know what he thinks, while being comparatively unconcerned with the reception.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You seem to be correct. All I would add at this point is that as usual, the goal must be considered. The theoretical ENTP and INTP have different goals when it comes to interaction.
    Indeed?
    I must have misread. As I recall, you said the only difference between ENTP and INTP is difference in personality -- goals and everything else aside.

ENTPs want to bring others into their train of thought, the way I see it being that they want to confirm quality externally on a regular basis.
    And how authoritative does that sound?
    Lemme ask you something Flak.
    Do I represent a typical ENTP in this case?
    I mean, this thread seems a strong point to prove your case, but I urge you to take a deeper look into my post history.
    The ENTP is concerned with affecting the external world, and so if his ideas are shut down at an early stage, he'll come up with something different in order to achieve success somehow.

The INTP is concerned more with the validity of an idea in his own mind, and may let others know what he thinks, while being comparatively unconcerned with the reception.
    Idyllicism should be checked at the door of this thread.
    we fukin won boys