User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    if you listen to the kohlberg "heinz story"...

...and conclude that the drug company should of given the drug at a lower price, then might be an F. An F might be more likely make that special exception, while a T would realize how lowering prices just so "everyone gets to have one, even if they cant afford it" cant work on a universal scale.
    I kind of think stealing was the best choice in this situation, actually. But then again, that's just me.

Then again, charging ten times the cost of production (including shipping, etc) would be considered by many to be, well, just plain price gouging. I mean, around here there are laws to keep gas stations from price gouging, so it's not like it would be too difficult to do the same for prescription drugs. And you can't tell me that you can't because of the prescription drug lobbies, because gasoline has a pretty damn big lobby, too.

So, I suppose it's not a matter of making a special exception, rather than there's just something flawed in this situation.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I kind of think stealing was the best choice in this situation, actually. But then again, that's just me.

Then again, charging ten times the cost of production (including shipping, etc) would be considered by many to be, well, just plain price gouging. I mean, around here there are laws to keep gas stations from price gouging, so it's not like it would be too difficult to do the same for prescription drugs. And you can't tell me that you can't because of the prescription drug lobbies, because gasoline has a pretty damn big lobby, too.

So, I suppose it's not a matter of making a special exception, rather than there's just something flawed in this situation.
    if there wasnt such huge incentive for drug companies...there wouldnt be as many drugs to help people. with all the shit they have to go through with the FDA... not to mention a lot of the drugs they invest RnD $ in never even make it to market. The incentives have to be astronomical to make it work.

MBTI
    ENFJ

if there wasnt such huge incentive for drug companies...there wouldnt be as many drugs to help people. with all the shit they have to go through with the FDA... not to mention a lot of the drugs they invest RnD $ in never even make it to market. The incentives have to be astronomical to make it work.
    Or we could just go back to patent medicine.

Fine. We need incentive. We also need competition, so there would have to be a generic brand of the drug in question. But there's still something wrong. What if the person in question had been older? Then it would be entitlements that are trying to pay for this. And there wouldn't be enough, but the cost just keeps going up and up for taxpayers who must pay into them, while so much of the time it's futile, such as in cases like these.

I dunno. I just consider something to be broke here, but there's nothing that steps forward to be fixed. :steam:

The only thing I could possibly think of is to shift most of the the burden of reward from the individual and distribute it amongst taxpayers. One could say that some taxpayers would complain, but then again, everyone ends up on some sort of prescription sooner or later.

Aaaand... at this point, I believe that I am off topic.

*bows out*
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

T = Objective Truth with a big T.
    F = Subjective approach to things.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Ambien ran out of patent, hehe, don't worry here comes the all new and improved ambien CR. Fluoxetine no longer on patent, don't worry duloxetine here to save the day.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    T = Objective Truth with a big T.
    F = Subjective approach to things.
    Therefore Ts are delusional and Fs are honest, cool, gotcha.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Therefore Ts are delusional and Fs are honest, cool, gotcha.
    Agreed.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Be careful about moving descriptions into the real world. N-s are not logical or positive: they are non-reactive, in that when something happens, they don't have a strong negative reaction to it. On the other hand, E- tend to be equally non reactive in the positive sense - they don't have a strong positive reaction to things.

Drama queens will tend to be N+, for sure, but it's not an inherent thing. They simply are reacting stronger and longer than others.
    Introversion with N-- would make for someone realistic and unemotional and very logical.
    Extroversion with N-- would make for someone happy and positive most of the time.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

if you listen to the kohlberg "heinz story"...

...and conclude that the drug company should of given the drug at a lower price, then might be an F. An F might be more likely make that special exception, while a T would realize how lowering prices just so "everyone gets to have one, even if they cant afford it" cant work on a universal scale.

Also it should be noted, that sometimes:
    I'm not seeing why they wouldn't agree to let him pay the rest later. That would seem to make sense, since they could potentially have made more money from interest, and the woman could have received the treatment in time. Win, win. Refusing to let the guy pay later just seems like it was motivated out of greed.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness