• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please have a go at my little brother

welshlass

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, not so little. He's 6' 5", late 30s, married with 3 young boys. I was kindly helped out with typing my mum not so long ago & i think the conclusion was ESFJ. I'm going to tentatively say E to start with but i would be grateful for some help to fill in the rest.

When he was in school he got into trouble mainly for being chopsy or cheeky. He had a few friends, 1 or 2 were what you would call sensible whilst others were not what you would call ideal as a teenager; all pretty normal for a young lad i'd say. I know he was into drugs around the early 90s but whether this started in school i dont know. As a young kid he was very busy & into everything; much like his eldest child. We could play fine until he would start to wind me up & all hell would break loose. If our mum told him off he would usually do what he was told but with our dad he would more often than not cheek him back. Sometime bringing my girlfriends over to stay for tea was not such a good idea as when he was 10 he would grab their boobs. Basically he could be really annoying or really sweet. Again like most lads. As an adult he's a good father & husband. Patient is the word i would use in both his roles. He's a chef in my mum's business & doing very well. He doesnt seem to dislike many people but when he does his mind cant be changed. He's still a wind-up merchant. Even my sister-in-law admits after knowing him for 7 yrs she still falls for it. The only example i can think at the moment is him telling her friend that the word "gullible" wasnt in the dictionary. "Isnt it?". "Dont believe me? Look it up". So she did. He'll say something & often you'll think "Shit you cant say that". He more often than not gets away with it because it's said with a sort of dry sarcasm & a wry smirk. Yes he has his serious side. I think he finds my mum a hard one to fathom out & i think the feeling is a mutual one there. He has, however, married a girl with a personality very similar to our mother's. Going back to school; when he was 16 he was referred to a child psychologist. He only agreed to see her because he fancied her. That's probably another typical teenage boy thing. Dress & appearance wise i'd say he was pretty average. Smart when he needs to be, doesnt care too much otherwise. He loves horror & sci-fi & is a big Heroes & Dr Who fan. The latter is shared by his 2 older kids. I cant think of anything else for now. Any ideas or suggestions i'd be grateful, thanks.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perfect example of ESTP :D

welshlass

MBTI Type
INTP
Thank you! After i'd posted the op i had E**P in mind. So i must be aborbing more of this stuff MBTI stuff than i realise.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think he's an ENTP.
If he married an ESFJ, I doubt that he's ESTP.
He definitely sounds like TP.
Have to take your word on the E.
That leaves S/N.

Does he have a great memory for little details? Does he notice little things? Eavesdrop on conversations?

Or is he more of a big-picture person who takes in the gist of things first? - like you.

If you are an N and he is an S then when you have a conversation with him you would often experience frustration at his seeming inability to understand what you mean and only always take the face value of what you say. If he is an N, then perhaps you are able to touch upon deeper understandings with him.

Which do you think he is and why?

welshlass

MBTI Type
INTP
I think he's an ENTP.
If he married an ESFJ, I doubt that he's ESTP.
He definitely sounds like TP.
Have to take your word on the E.
That leaves S/N.

Does he have a great memory for little details? Does he notice little things? Eavesdrop on conversations?

Or is he more of a big-picture person who takes in the gist of things first? - like you.

If you are an N and he is an S then when you have a conversation with him you would often experience frustration at his seeming inability to understand what you mean and only always take the face value of what you say. If he is an N, then perhaps you are able to touch upon deeper understandings with him.

Which do you think he is and why?

Well, i did have ENTP hanging around in my mind for a little bit. Does he have memory for details? Hmm, i'll have to think. I'm not sure what my sister-in-law's type is, despite her being similar to my mum in a lot of ways they do tend to clash. I think they frustrate the hell out of each other but there is mutual respect. I dont speak to my brother that much. We only see each other every couple of weeks or so when i go up there to help out either with the work or looking after my nephews. However, i get the general impression that he does understand what i mean & vice versa. That's more of a problem with my mother; i have a great idea in my head but am not very good at articulating it to her & she goes "Oh i'm sure we all know what you mean(!)" out loud to whoever may be listening. He rarely says what he's feeling & the only outward manifestation of his worry about his youngest son's forthcoming op is that he's taken up smoking again & lost a lot of weight. If he's angry about something he talks about it calmly, throwing in the odd expletive. Oh sorry, he did punch a hole in the wall once but he was legitamitly (sorry it's nearly 2am here & im losing the ability to spell) driven to it. I have a hunch that if i were to ask my mum or sisinlaw if he was good with details they'd probably laugh their heads off. Dunno if he eavesdrops on conversations. Do you require a certain well developed Function(s) to be a good pool player? I will have to give this more thought. It's hard cos im still getting E**P & both ESTP & ENTP seem to fit at the moment.