User Tag List

Thread: P <-> J

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Default P <-> J

There is a lot of discussion about P types being perceivers. But shouldn't we see e.g. INTP as a judging type, typically having Ti highest used cognitive function? And so on for the other types.

I'm just explaining it shortly. We could simplify things even more by taking the two middle positions, S/N and T/F and posing a directionality and relative strength of both.

So Pe --> Ji would mean dominant introverted judger.

While Pe <-- Ji would mean dominant extraverted perceiver.

It just occurred to me that perceiving people seem to like anything that comes up, and they turn away from anyone who, supposedly, seems to judge (by appearance) upon it. They want to get anything into perception, while judgers tend to judge automatically. For the first, perception is critical, for the latter judgement is critical. Critical as in "end stage".

Ok, this might be a bit abstract and need some elaboration, but I found it an interesting way to think.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Yeah, MBTI code is misleading. Socionics code fixes the problem you're speaking of.

You just have to translate MBTI codes
    IP - Ji dom
    EJ - Je dom
    EP - Pe dom
    IJ - Pi dom

Banned
    MBTI
    type

What can I say, I recommend the function system I developed (Which is closer to Socionics than MBTT). See signature.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

MBTI is extremely easy to understand, dont look into it too much.

ive said this before on the thread that jack is talking about lol
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

The last letter for the MBTI code points to the function used in the external world. For E's that's the dominant. For I's like INTPs it's the auxiliary.

So...INTPs show their Perceiving function, N, to the external world and can seem laid back. The J function, T, operates internally, driving their thought organization process.

It's a tad confusing but there's actually reason to it, a reminder that I's keep their strong suit inside leading I's to be underestimated, often, by others. There was a Harvard Business Review article recently that basically expressed surprise that I's could make such great business leaders--like thinking before speaking or doing is a bad thing...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Will Socionics eventually help me? My first impression of it wasn't very good...

Thanks for the posts. Sometimes I like to look into things much and then don't really know where I stay... Making things difficult often.

I do have a great one: thoughts are also perceptions

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

As I see it now, e.g. an INTP might be dominant Ti but Ne is still his or her strongest function