• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

P <-> J

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
There is a lot of discussion about P types being perceivers. But shouldn't we see e.g. INTP as a judging type, typically having Ti highest used cognitive function? And so on for the other types.

I'm just explaining it shortly. We could simplify things even more by taking the two middle positions, S/N and T/F and posing a directionality and relative strength of both.

So Pe --> Ji would mean dominant introverted judger.

While Pe <-- Ji would mean dominant extraverted perceiver.

It just occurred to me that perceiving people seem to like anything that comes up, and they turn away from anyone who, supposedly, seems to judge (by appearance) upon it. They want to get anything into perception, while judgers tend to judge automatically. For the first, perception is critical, for the latter judgement is critical. Critical as in "end stage".

Ok, this might be a bit abstract and need some elaboration, but I found it an interesting way to think.

redacted

Yeah, MBTI code is misleading. Socionics code fixes the problem you're speaking of.

You just have to translate MBTI codes
IP - Ji dom
EJ - Je dom
EP - Pe dom
IJ - Pi dom

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
What can I say, I recommend the function system I developed (Which is closer to Socionics than MBTT). See signature.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
MBTI is extremely easy to understand, dont look into it too much.

ive said this before on the thread that jack is talking about lol

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The last letter for the MBTI code points to the function used in the external world. For E's that's the dominant. For I's like INTPs it's the auxiliary.

So...INTPs show their Perceiving function, N, to the external world and can seem laid back. The J function, T, operates internally, driving their thought organization process.

It's a tad confusing but there's actually reason to it, a reminder that I's keep their strong suit inside leading I's to be underestimated, often, by others. There was a Harvard Business Review article recently that basically expressed surprise that I's could make such great business leaders--like thinking before speaking or doing is a bad thing...

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
Will Socionics eventually help me? My first impression of it wasn't very good...

Thanks for the posts. Sometimes I like to look into things much and then don't really know where I stay... Making things difficult often.

I do have a great one: thoughts are also perceptions :)

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
As I see it now, e.g. an INTP might be dominant Ti but Ne is still his or her strongest function