User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I don't want to sound malicious here and I'm not so I hope this comes across OK.

I don't want to get angry at least not to show anger. If anyone is going to get angry I would like it to be the other guy while I remain calm and I wouldn't say composed but in control of the moment.

If someone is trying to piss you off the first thing to do is step back, step back inside your mind don't let the other person pull you forward.
    Look at their objectives any leverage points you or the other person has. If they are just stating some opinion and have no leverage over you then it really means nothing and can be dismissed.

People are free to express their opinions and you are free to take or reject them. Never argue your position. Unless you want to for fun.

The best analogy is Judo or Aikido you are holding a constant tension while the other person up and down forward and back.
    When you see some leverage point you can choose if you take it or not.

Is this what you were looking for?
    yup, good stuff.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't see how anger equals immaturity. I think that when one becomes angry, they're only being human.

Some people just have shorter fuses than others. I don't think it's a good thing, and patience does come with age, yes, but I wouldn't say that a feeler is more likely to get angry than a thinker.

I get annoyed really easily and sometimes that translates into anger (though usually just with my older brother who knows how to push my buttons). And SOMETIMES it's so much easier to have a little hissy fit to yourself rather than walking around being irritated all day and taking it out on others.
    Oh...hi.

ThatGirl

I was recently accused of having anger issues, but I just yelled "fuck you bitch", stood up and slamed my chair on the ground, and walked out taking their stapler with me.

Ok so that didn't actually happen. Would have been cool though.

For the most part I am not easy to anger. I don't think there is a correlation between thinker feeler and anger, only in the way its processed. Anger is essentially a defense mechanism and so we are all set off by different standards but capable of the same reactions. It is in how we choose to experess it that sets us apart and what the triggers are.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Iono.

All I know is that it really takes a lot to get my angry.

ThatGirl

That's because your sunshine

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

You have my permission to push your friend down a pyramid.
    He's an idiot.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp

We each have felt anger at some point in our lives or another. If we're alive, we all have some sort of emotions, regardless of what our primary function is. And not all anger is irrational. It's like stating that all pain is a sign of weakness. Really, what pain does is awaken us to realization that there is something wrong with ourselves and that we need to take care of it before it becomes worse. It's self-preservation. Anger is the same. Except not necessarily in a physical sense. But the emotional and mental are no less important for a healthy life than the physical. When someone or something has scathed us on a level, then anger is there to let us know that some sort of wrong has been done. And the irrational is not in the actual feeling of anger, but in how we happen to express it. There is no controlling the emotion. But there is an amount of control in how we choose to express it.
    I have no idea who I am. All I can say is let's rock hard.
    Likes Noon liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

the worst anger ive ever seen is in some of the NTs i know. i dont even know if i would call it anger anger as much as frustration. in reality any type can have temper/anger issues for any reason but they will differ in that reason from type to type.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Male ISFPs are ironically the most 'truly' angry people i meet.
    i know, i know, they are SP and harmonious feelers.... but when they arent being easy going, i have found ISFP to just get ANGRY and irrational... like REALLY ANGRY.

i want to clarify that i am not saying ISFPs are on average angry people. Its more like, out of the 10 truly angry people i know, maybe 5 or 6 are ISFP. That is far less than the total number of ISFPs i know.

EXTJs have been said to have a sort of inner anger (inferior Fi) and can come off as a more abrasive than ISFP, but i have found that what comes off as angry for Extj is actaully just being efficient and abrasive. True anger, i have most often encountered with ISFPs

MBTI
    INFP

Quick scan so forgive if I miss the mark but two things caught my eye.

I think the deal isn't anger per se. It's what a person is capable of doing to deal with the anger in a non-harmful manner where the issue comes to a matter of emotional maturity. Anger issues is about a lack of insight and knowledge of anger management techniques probably combined with power and control issues.

Looking at it that way I guess nearly any type could have difficulty. But I do think that Tees have a more difficult time dealing with excessive uncomfortable emotion. Many of them withdraw in such situations, unless cornered. Maybe some of us don't even notice they're angry. And I've noticed here that a lot of people continuously reaffirm the statement that they are not upset sorta out-of-the-blue which leads me to wonder why it's necessary unless they, in fact, are.

My son is IXTP. I can't pinpoint it. And he was born angry! Screaming bloody murder. And for most of his young life he had a tough time keeping his anger under control. Now he has learned how to repress it and wonders why he has "no feelings" at all. Hope someday he figures it out.

And I really like wolfy's observation. Someone explained it to me like this:

Two people are on opposite sides of a swinging door, both pushing as hard as they can. One quietly steps aside. The other one falls on his face. It works.

Not everything is avoidance.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer