User Tag List

12 Last

Default Relation between Jung and Freud ’Unification theory of classic psychology’

I have found that there is a direct relation between Jungian typology and Freudian psychosexual development. It appears that Jung and Freud were typing people according to the exact same categories.

I have been verifying this relation for about a year now, and it all just fits in I believe.

It appears that each MBTI-type correspond to 4 of the psychosexual roles of psychosexual development. Not only 1 role as some might believe.

Every Jungian function corresponds to a Freudian ‘stage’ - Or ‘problematic’ to be exact. Since there are 4, not 3.

The direction of a function decides whether it corresponds with the progressive or regressive role of the ‘stage’/’problematic’

The ‘Unification theory’ is available on my web-site:

http://www.jeppegj.dk/

Self-structure and roles of the MBTI types:

http://www.jeppegj.dk/MBTI_ego_structure.htm

Regards Jeppe G. Jensen
    Attached Files Attached Files

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Is there a reason you dropped the ID out?

And how did you determine assignment of Ego and SuperEgo (which I think are partially socially reinforced constructs, at the least)?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

What a weird coincidence - I was pondering the possibility of links between Jung's and Freud's ideas just a few minutes ago!

I would suggest a connection between Type functions, John Beebe's Jungian archetypes, and Freud's Ego, ID and Superego as follows:

1. Dominant function = Hero = Ego
    2. Auxiliary function = Good Parent = Superego
    3. Tertiary function = Eternal Child = ID

The fourth, inferior function, linked to the Anima/Animus archetype, possibly equates to our relationships with others, or to put it another way, everything that is "not-self". I derived this from the fact that most people tend to disown their inferior function and project it's qualities, both desirable and undesirable, onto others.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

MBTI corresponds with many theories and different intelligences quite easily and without much thought...

interesting nonetheless
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

coll thread title, I dont know what it means, though
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Interesting.
    So it looks like
    Anal=Thinking
    Narcissist=iNtuition
    Phallic=Sensing
    Oral=Feeling

You would think oral would be Sensing. Wonder what makes it Feeling?
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Well, you can say that all types include the 'id'. But since it is repressed by the 'ego' and 'superego', people with strong selves represses the ‘id’. According to psychoanalytic theory, ego and superego are developed during the first three stages, oral, anal and phallic.

I assigned the ego and superego according to the nature of the roles.

prog. anal – reg. oral – strong ego
    reg. anal – prog. oral – weak ego
    prog phallic - reg. narc. - strong superego
    Reg. phallic – prog narc. – weak superego

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

So by the looks of it, I'm an anal narcissist?

Well, this is not just a relation that I found out yesterday on a pub or some other place. I have not attempted to bend things, so that it would fit in. It just fits in all the way around I think. I will say that I am quite astonished about is.

Yes, if you are indeed an ENTP (eN), then the word “unification” would sound cool to you I recon. I also like it!

If you look at the ‘Oral’ 'aspiration to dissolve self' section of the theory, you will know why I judge this.

By the way - For what reasons do you believe oral is sensing?

Yes, INTJ is 'anal-narcissist'. Remember to keep in mind the direction of the functions. Introversion/extroversion of a function to a degree leads to opposite behaviour.

So your primary function tells you that you have very high expectation of yourself and others. Your secondary function tells you, that you can be controlling of your environment - Among other things.

---
    Thank you for Replies. Jeppedermann.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by jeppedermann View Post
    Well, this is not just a relation that I found out yesterday on a pub or some other place. I have not attempted to bend things, so that it would fit in. It just fits in all the way around I think. I will say that I am quite astonished about is.
    don't be. look into any other psychological theory and you will see some sort of relation to MBTI. just for the record your relations with the id, superego, and ego are, from what i can tell and intuite, correct, but i will look into it further. ive really only glanced lol. i knew Myers Briggs before i read through psychology books. when i started reading them, the amount of connections i could make blew me away. so initially i was astonished also but the more i got into the more i realized the connections are there for a reason. that is the fun of mbti. a more applicable use of MBTI is its link with the physical brain and body. very interesting stuff. i suggest reading into the neurotransmitters of the brain

EDIT:

i hope i didn't sounds "snooty" if thats the right word in my first post. the connection was obvious to me and i just didn't go into it enough because im lazy and incompetent lol
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1