User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTP

I agree with INTJMom and Jeffster--I'm much more the type to be hard on myself, so knowing that part of it is just the way I am has been helpful to me. Before, I was constantly trying to fix myself to be more like those around me, and it was pulling me apart inside.

Ideally, I strive for a balance, and I'm happiest when I feel there's some balance to my more prominent characteristics or preferences, rather than leaning on them heavily. But at least knowledge of MBTI has helped me to not judge myself harshly for my preferences.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    As a bigger fan of the Big Five I think of J as high conscientiousness, and I believe it's quite common for MBTI fans to incorporate the trait of low agreeableness (A) into J, when really it's a separate factor.

J low in A = I don't want to change my plans, and my schedule for YOU!

J high in A = Okay, I'll work your needs into my schedule.

P types = Who needs a schedule?
    QFT.

I'm a moderate J with a relatively high amount of A (usually test as RCox|I|), and that's the way that I generally deal with people.

If I need something from someone, e.g. I need colleagues to look something over, I work to specific deadlines in my head so that they will have more than ample time to do what I need, twice-over. I get especially pissed when people (e.g. my ISFP friend) makes excuses for two weeks like "I don't feel like writing" and sends me drafts 2 days before the due date, telling me that she needs a corrected version by that very night. Didn't help that I was completely exhausted that day and only got the draft at 9pm. I work other people into my schedule, and I get really pissed off when people take advantage of that - especially since I don't say "no" to them if it's a professional matter. [/rant]

I think immature personalities (be it E, I, N, S, F, T, J, P) will generally make excuses for antisocial behavior. It comes from being self-centered. So if it's not the MBTI, it'll be something else. *shrugs*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

the N/S have many excuses. and personality type shouldn't be an excuse for anything
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

What if you made excuses for your habits anyway, before you had MBTI to pin it on? That's what I did...MBTI just gave it some small amount of legitimation.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I can pretty much rationalize any habit I want to. But perhaps learning about MBTI has made the "that's just the way you are" argument in my head hold more weight and get it's way more often.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hmm...i think i'm starting to get it now but i don't think it makes it alright...i think you still have to try and work on things...knowing what they are helps a lot though
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I use it all the time for my time-wasting habits and my social awkwardness. I used to use it as an excuse when i was being rude to someone, but I've realized that that's just as rude and a bit insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    N = (No complaints here)
    S = (No complaints here)
    I have a bad habit of writing off S-types completely. "Oh, they won't follow what I'm talking about and I'll likely bore them, so why bother?" I usually get that glazed-eye look from my sister when I start talking.