User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Lol, don't worry I have thick skin . . . is that your Fi on active duty? And you had a wonderful response, as did everyone else.
    Fe actually...
    edcoaching

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Actually, overall it's been a good thing to use it as an excuse for my bad habits. I used to beat myself up over the traits I had that are really just part of who I am. Having this knowledge of type has helped me to relax and forgive myself more, which has been better for my stress levels I think.

I mean, I could skip the type stuff and like am_i_evil said, I could just say it's how I am, but this way I can have camaraderie in my bad habits.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Are you really sure that you want to always feel like you have to do something? And not being able to sleep past 8 AM? eheh
    Man if I was like that . . . I can already see the achievements and success . . .

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Actually, overall it's been a good thing to use it as an excuse for my bad habits. I used to beat myself up over the traits I had that are really just part of who I am. Having this knowledge of type has helped me to relax and forgive myself more, which has been better for my stress levels I think.

I mean, I could skip the type stuff and like am_i_evil said, I could just say it's how I am, but this way I can have camaraderie in my bad habits.
    That's actually a really good point about type. Then when it counts, like some habit that's actually making life not go the way you want it to go, you can look up what's worked for others of your type and give it a try...

On J-P for example, just about all the time management books were written by J's and are totally useless to a lot of P's other than as new ways to induce stress. P's need things that work for P's
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I used to beat myself up over the traits I had that are really just part of who I am. Having this knowledge of type has helped me to relax and forgive myself more

I relate
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    P's need things that work for P's
    Go on, you just stole my undivided attention.

*smells potential benifit*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Go on, you just stole my undivided attention.

*smells potential benifit*
    Biggest one is planning backward. Most time stuff assumes you want to get things done as soon as possible. Not motivating for the last-minute crowd, even kills their creativity. So...

So (and obviously this is for bigger tasks) you chunk out what has to be done. How long do you think it'll take? Then fit the chunks backward into your calendar. If it's due Monday do you want to do any of it over the weekend? Do you need input from anyone else that you'd better get by Friday? What else is in the way? Opening of the next Bond movie? Family get-together? Leave time for those and fit the stuff in so you can find the real "last minute" when you have to start.

False deadlines with teeth in them...one of my Perceiving colleagues was working on a book with me. We figured out the different chapter themes and how fast I wanted the material (I'm the writer but he provides tons of content...) and then he held breakfast roundtables to discuss each chapter a few days before my deadlines for receiving his stuff.

Write really important stuff into your calendar. Some of my P friends even block out "Play with kids" or it doesn't happen...

Keep stuff out where you can see it so you don't forget about it.

Do switch among projects to keep energy up...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post

I relate
    Wait . . . I thought INFJ's were perfect.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    Biggest one is planning backward. Most time stuff assumes you want to get things done as soon as possible. Not motivating for the last-minute crowd, even kills their creativity. So...

So (and obviously this is for bigger tasks) you chunk out what has to be done. How long do you think it'll take? Then fit the chunks backward into your calendar. If it's due Monday do you want to do any of it over the weekend? Do you need input from anyone else that you'd better get by Friday? What else is in the way? Opening of the next Bond movie? Family get-together? Leave time for those and fit the stuff in so you can find the real "last minute" when you have to start.

False deadlines with teeth in them...one of my Perceiving colleagues was working on a book with me. We figured out the different chapter themes and how fast I wanted the material (I'm the writer but he provides tons of content...) and then he held breakfast roundtables to discuss each chapter a few days before my deadlines for receiving his stuff.

Write really important stuff into your calendar. Some of my P friends even block out "Play with kids" or it doesn't happen...

Keep stuff out where you can see it so you don't forget about it.

Do switch among projects to keep energy up...
    This was exhausting just reading it. Good advice, though.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Wait . . . I thought INFJ's were perfect.
    Yeah, but being perfect means spending time checking on whether things are done perfectly.
    edcoaching