User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jasz View Post
    the OP theory uses two scales "asking-telling" and "emoting-controlling". e.g. the "analytics" are "asking+controlling" and the "expressives" are "emoting+telling". we did it at work and the people in each of the four groups were a near complete correlations to the Keirsey temperaments i mentioned. i know that because we did MBTI the year before.

it might not fit your ideas but it near-correlated to a real-life group of 30 people.
    So you think it's Keirsey based?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by sdalek View Post
    So you think it's Keirsey based?
    no, it's not but it happened to correlate (not equate) in this instance.
    INTP/5w4 sx

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Jasz View Post
    the OP theory uses two scales "asking-telling" and "emoting-controlling". e.g. the "analytics" are "asking+controlling" and the "expressives" are "emoting+telling". we did it at work and the people in each of the four groups were a near complete correlations to the Keirsey temperaments i mentioned. i know that because we did MBTI the year before.

it might not fit your ideas but it near-correlated to a real-life group of 30 people.
    Thanks--I kept thinking in terms of temperaments, Keirsey's or otherwise--but I also wondered if maybe this was a wholly different system (or based on a different system).
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INFJ

Well I think some specific types are definitely represented but not drive groupings.

MBTI
    INTP

It is good that sdalek brought this up. This is important stuff. It highlights the problem we have in Cognitive Processes Tests: These things do not have the Lie Scale. And they should have.
    Eysenck found out the L (the Lie scale) is also a personality continuum. When I made my acquaintance with the MBTI I knew immediately the L is ESFJ.

EJ is assertive and IP is non assertive. EP and IJ are neutral.

FP is responsive and TJ is non responsive. FJ and TP are neutral.

ESTJ is assertive and non responsive. No problem there. They appear to be responsive but are not. Appearance does not count.

Now it says that the Expressive Styler is both assertive and responsive. An impossibility. IF she is assertive- an ESFJ- her responsiveness is neutral at most. She is an E which means she appears to be responsive. She is an L which means in the CPT she is lying.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Sdalek,

Have you ever seen the FIRO stuff? It seems to correlate to this quite well though I think it allows for you to be more in the middle (I noted that I'm not one clear type for instance).

I think the test is one of those paid for ones that don't appear much online but I'm sure Crowsie has something on them somewhere. Have a look at that. I think you'll find it's kinda like the component version of what your on about here.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Sdalek,

Have you ever seen the FIRO stuff? It seems to correlate to this quite well though I think it allows for you to be more in the middle (I noted that I'm not one clear type for instance).

I think the test is one of those paid for ones that don't appear much online but I'm sure Crowsie has something on them somewhere. Have a look at that. I think you'll find it's kinda like the component version of what your on about here.
    Thanks. I'll check into.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Berens herself links the Social Styles to the Interaction Styles (As well as DISC):
    Driver=In Charge (EST/ENJ; extraverted, directive; D)
    Expressive=Get Things going (ESF/ENP; extraverted, informing; I)
    Analytical=Chart the Course (IST/INJ; introverted, directive; C)
    Amiable=Behind the Scenes (ISF/INP; introverted, informing; S)

Just now noticing the "similar threads" list at the bottom, and all these topics I had missed. Xander is spot on for mentioning FIRO, as Social/Interaction Stype and Keirseyan temperament appears to map to two of FIRO's areas.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    I

I fit in both the Driver and Analytical characteristics.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I fit in both the Driver and Analytical characteristics.
    Same, I'm sort of inbetween (mainly because I'd say I had high assertiveness), but mostly I fit with Analytical. Driver sounds more ESTJ/ENTJ.