User Tag List

First 123 Last

Fe Fi Fo Fum
    I smell the blood of an Englishman
    Be he alive or be he dead
    Ill boil his bones to make my bread!

Sorry to go off on a tangent but I just had to say it! Everytime I read the thread title it came to my head.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

During?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    During?
    Yeah like; I want to fee-fee that cake to see if it is any good.

Being caught during the act can have dire consequences.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Honestly almost everyone feels embarrassed/awkward during "heart-felt" affirmations.

Don't know how to give you advice, as discussing ideas doesn't really help with these problems.
    Yep. Or at least I do a lot of the time.

MBTI
    onto
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

It's better to try not to go beyond your true feelings. Anyway, if it's in tune with the situation, don't hesitate, but don't overwork.

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Honestly almost everyone feels embarrassed/awkward during "heart-felt" affirmations.

Don't know how to give you advice, as discussing ideas doesn't really help with these problems.

Am I the only one who doesn't feel embarrassed by that? If I feel like saying something I really feel intensely, then I totally want to say it at the time. Including "I love you" to friends, and telling people who strike me as beautiful in some way that I think they're beautiful. I don't do it for their self-esteem at all -- I do it in order to verbalize what I love and care about (because it feels good).

What I don't like is being expected to say "appropriate" sentiments when I don't feel like saying them, or I don't feel like saying those particular things to those people.

Sarah

Sniffles

Yes I always blush like hell whenever I make an affectionate statement to women.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Emotional intimacy is both the most valuable of all communication and the most fragile. There is no place for sarcasm in emotional intimacy. Truth, warmth, curiosity, attraction, sentimentality and desire for more is all good and a delicate process that involves trust. One doesn't plunge in, and one doesn't get anywhere real or lasting by hiding behind alcohol or any sort of mind altering substance. That is simply a formula for dishonesty and eventual disaster. Thanks to the media/movies/television and related hype, these days one would believe (fantasy) that this should all come instantly. Fat chance. Why that ruins everything. The steps towards emotional intimacy are baby steps that are not to be rushed or misinterpreted. It takes a while to figure out just who we are, and therefore, it takes even longer to figure out who someone else is... and what we bring out in each other. Remember the old saying about how a girl had to kiss a lot of frogs before finding her prince? Well it isn't all about physical chemistry. The chemistry of the mind and heart are the most delicious of them all and what we need to have before becoming intimately physically involved. What a mistake it is to get the cart (sex) before the horse. ENTJs are the ultimate seekers of the best relationships... the ones that last in strength and beauty. The writers of the Sex and the City t.v. show put their cast in the mind set of being with someone new every week, except that eventually they had to address the reality that it didn't work and made everyone more than crazy. Remember when Mr. Big questions Carrie's experience of ever being in love, and she tries sarcasm for covering up the fact that no, she hadn't been in real love, and then she asks him. Mr. Big says, oh yeah, he sure has...and then he drives off, leaving Carrie to figure out just what she has missed. Mr. Big is the ultimate ENTJ. So the moral of the story is... when the right one comes along... you begin to recognize her, and she you. Time begins to stand still and you only have eyes for her... your hearts begin beating as one... you want the same things, you value the same things, you find that you build together and don't pull apart.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't feel embarrassed by that? If I feel like saying something I really feel intensely, then I totally want to say it at the time. Including "I love you" to friends, and telling people who strike me as beautiful in some way that I think they're beautiful. I don't do it for their self-esteem at all -- I do it in order to verbalize what I love and care about (because it feels good).

What I don't like is being expected to say "appropriate" sentiments when I don't feel like saying them, or I don't feel like saying those particular things to those people.

Sarah

No, you're not the only one emotional intimacy is something I find very pleasant, and I consider it beautiful, not embarassing
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP

Anyone, man woman or child, who can gaze into my eyes and hold that in silence has immediately won my trust and affection.

I've found this sort of silent intimacy to be an accurate barometer of safety with others.

And, yes, once upon a time it made me feel very uncomfortable. now it fills my heart and spirit to overflowing and I welcome it.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer