User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 96

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    And my argument is that your system is about as useful as a Coinstar Machine to a numismatist.
    That's about as effective as the arguments you made in my thread.

  2. #52
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    That's about as effective as the arguments you made in my thread.
    And yours mine.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    You're having definition problems; you're not understanding what I'm saying because you're clinging to definitions.

    @"Ni is mostly output" -- you are right (although I have no idea why you're saying Ni specifically instead of just Intuition). Sensing is mostly "output" too (the way you're using the word at least).

    Input/Output is a silly distinction to make anyway, so little is actually input. Input isn't interesting. Cognitive processes are about processing!
    I'm going to respond in my thread.

  4. #54
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    And my argument is that your system is about as useful as a Coinstar Machine to a numismatist.
    But that would be the MBTI system aswell. It's a matter of perception and you know it.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  5. #55
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I'm going to respond in my thread.
    Be sure to quote the last couple posts.

  6. #56
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    But that would be the MBTI system aswell. It's a matter of perception and you know it.
    MBTI is at least an average coinsorter, which gives you all your money in rolls rather than takes away 9% for its own devices.

    I'm trying to make it so you don't throw away any 1943 pennies along with everything else, too.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  7. #57
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Good metaphor

  8. #58
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    MBTI is at least an average coinsorter, which gives you all your money in rolls rather than takes away 9% for its own devices.

    I'm trying to make it so you don't throw away any 1943 pennies along with everything else, too.
    It's a matter of perception. I myself cant still sort MBTI into my own perception with people. I now have instruments to actually draft THAT I am thinking about people. But my perception is out of phase with MBTI.

    I am not sure, if you can grasp irrationality ever rational, but if it would work, I will be the first to figure it out, I promise.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  9. #59
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    It's a matter of perception. I myself cant still sort MBTI into my own perception with people. I now have instruments to actually draft THAT I am thinking about people. But my perception is out of phase with MBTI.

    I am not sure, if you can grasp irrationality ever rational, but if it would work, I will be the first to figure it out, I promise.
    MBTI is just one way of seeing people and trying to work with them.

    I'm just trying to make it so that people still fit but aren't quite so pidgeonholed into a single profile, and trying to give a possible explanation to why they aren't within the context of the system. "Because everyone is unique little snowflakes" can only be said so many times.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  10. #60
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    MBTI is just one way of seeing people and trying to work with them.

    I'm just trying to make it so that people still fit but aren't quite so pidgeonholed into a single profile, and trying to give a possible explanation to why they aren't within the context of the system. "Because everyone is unique little snowflakes" can only be said so many times.
    And that is absolutely the right way and that is why I respect you and like you. Just wanted to keep you on the track, so you do not loose perception of other possibilities. But I do know, you do not go and tell everyone about your perception like I do and therefore no harm was done.

    Whom I dont like is dissonance. He is too perfect for my taste. *pick pick*
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. The method acter's theory of personality type
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2016, 01:54 PM
  2. My theory of personality types
    By Kimani in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-25-2013, 10:52 PM
  3. Tell-Tale Signs of the Types
    By RansomedbyFire in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 11:30 AM
  4. Theory About My Type
    By Ezra in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 09:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO