User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 31

  1. #11
    Senior Member Ism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    So you're still trying to find out, huh?

    Well, it seems that you're able to pick up on the established rules that don't change and remain consistent in any situation, like the grammatical rules you discussed.

    Considering the prepositions, antecedents, predicates, and everything else relevent to sentence structure, it could be that you weren't able to find or develop some kind of simple, pneumonic system that could ingrain the idea into your head. You could perhaps develop one if that were the case, but the fact that you haven't could indicate something, but that's a farfetched assumption.

    All you've done, according to the post, is memorize and retain only what is necessary. It seems that you didn't go out of your way to try and understand the system behind it, and accepted it for what it was. The only reason why you bothered to learn it was because you wanted the grade, we can assume.

    I'm confused about this, though:
    But it's not because I can "think".
    ...And I think I overuse my critical thinking skills.
    The "thinking" you described and critical thinking itself are basically the same definition, I think. If that isn't the case, and "think" means something else, then ignore that comment.

    What's most important to consider, concerning you're thinking, however, is the context of both situations. What was the corporate job, specifically? It seems that you utilized the lower faculties of intellectualism to progress, so you should find out why this is the case, because when you're with your family, as you say, these critical thinking skills suddenly arise.

    What do you mean by critical thinking near the bottom of your post? What was it that "killed" the atmosphere of whatever topic discussed during your family gatherings (or any other area where critical thinking, for you, takes place)? By answering those questions, you can create a defined idea of when it is you use certain mental capacities and why.

    What's interesting, though, is that I'm great at troubleshooting and clarifying.
    This could possible indicate your knowledge of particular details of certain topics that allows you to differentiate, rather than whatever else it is that I think you think is the reason.

    I want an outline to follow.
    Alright. So, do you mean you want to make an outline to follow, or do you mean you just want a pre-existing outline to follow? If you want to make an outline to follow, then you're making a schedule or plan in accordance to your own rules and necessities. In following a pre-existing outline, then you're able to work with what was organized prior to your presence.
    It's all on what you feel most inclined to do.

    So, reviewing everything I've just wrote, I think I went down a different road separate from what you were initially intending to ask. Take it into account, though, because while this "intellectual laziness" could very well be circumstantial, other traits you have mentioned could help further identify why it is that certain situations stimulate a response that utilizes your critical thinking skills, as opposed to others.

    Note: I apologize if my "analysis" lends itself more to the 'SJ' temperament. Try taking my points individually and see if they apply, rather than as a whole that may describe an ESFJ, ISTJ, and so on.

  2. #12
    beyondaurora
    Guest

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Sounds like you are a little bitch who is longing for some slapping on the ass.

    Sounds like you are growing up. I am sorry but this WILL take a long long time.
    I have no idea what I've ever done to you to warrant such a nasty response. If it's an attempt at humor, I'm not laughing.

  3. #13
    beyondaurora
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Sounds like Te over Ti to me. Te as a backup process.

    I still want a cookie if you decide you're an ISFJ.


    This is my thought as well...

    *heats up the oven*

    Chocolate chip? Peanut butter? What'll it be?

  4. #14
    beyondaurora
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I used to be very intellectually curious. But now, for some reason, I can't bring myself to be curious about anything. For some reason, I'm getting tired of thinking. I'm getting tired of feeling. I'm getting tired of intuiting and sensing.

    That's a real puzzler, isn't it?

    Sounds like depression...

    You used to be very intellectually curious but no longer are. I never have been.

  5. #15
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    I have no idea what I've ever done to you to warrant such a nasty response. If it's an attempt at humor, I'm not laughing.
    You are innocent, as always .

    Just ignore me, I am a dirty old man
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #16
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    BA - have you ever considered you may be lead by Te? I know a lot of highly successful people who are Te primary who express that they feel they're running on only half power and STILL manage to achieve more than most people. Some of them have said they fear they're lazy, but others aren't sold on the laziness thing because finding the easiest (read: most efficient) way around a problem/obstacle is surely the aim.

    Could it be something of that nature?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  7. #17
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    I do everything you said, and do it well - I consider it a big strength for me. I hope it's not Te because I'm not supposed to have much of that.

    Oh well, functions are only theoretical anyway

  8. #18
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    BA - have you ever considered you may be lead by Te? I know a lot of highly successful people who are Te primary who express that they feel they're running on only half power and STILL manage to achieve more than most people. Some of them have said they fear they're lazy, but others aren't sold on the laziness thing because finding the easiest (read: most efficient) way around a problem/obstacle is surely the aim.

    Could it be something of that nature?
    I think you're on to something. My dad is an INTJ(Ni-Te) and due to his primary Introverted Intuition he is obviously more in tune with the theoretical aspects of things, hes an electrical engineer, but he is absolutely efficiency oriented. He only ever expresses his ideas and thoughts on a topic in little bite sized pieces that are just the bare minimum required for the overall whole body of work. Hes rather meticulous too.

    It's absolutely maddening to me as a Ti-Ne because he will just express the facts and ideas necessary to complete (I drive him away with theory, convos always end in thats nice but wheres the deliverable) the task at hand and is remarkably good at it. I think with what seems like you're S preference you are even more acutely aware of the details necessary and don't bother focusing to much on the theoretical background of why they may be necessary. I think it's perfectly normal and is just a function of the way you process things, I don't think its up to a lack of intellectual curiosity, its a skill that many wish they could have.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  9. #19
    beyondaurora
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    BA - have you ever considered you may be lead by Te? I know a lot of highly successful people who are Te primary who express that they feel they're running on only half power and STILL manage to achieve more than most people. Some of them have said they fear they're lazy, but others aren't sold on the laziness thing because finding the easiest (read: most efficient) way around a problem/obstacle is surely the aim.

    Could it be something of that nature?
    Oh my god. Have you seen the ENTJ videos on YouTube? Shoot me if I'm like that, please.

    Actually, this is an interesting idea, but I'm very most likely an introvert. How about Te as auxilliary?

  10. #20
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    Oh my god. Have you seen the ENTJ videos on YouTube? Shoot me if I'm like that, please.

    Actually, this is an interesting idea, but I'm very most likely an introvert. How about Te as auxilliary?
    *peng*
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. Intellectual laziness
    By Chloe in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 08:06 PM
  2. Intellectual Interests
    By labyrinthine in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 07:00 PM
  3. [NT] NT intellectual goals
    By Prometheus in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-02-2007, 06:06 AM
  4. Intellectual Frustration
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 05:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO