Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    So perhaps it's what Uberfuhrer is saying: that Ns can't stand a lot of word-watching at once.
    I don't see why the notion would be that complicated for one to grasp.

And reading is widely considered to have more Introvert appeal than anything.

Extroverts are typically better at talking and listening than reading and writing.

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I don't see why the notion would be that complicated for one to grasp.

And reading is widely considered to have more Introvert appeal than anything.

Extroverts are typically better at talking and listening than reading and writing.
    I personally suck at listening. I just regard other people as too slow on information transmission. So I'll either multi-task or start daydreaming.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I personally suck at listening.
    I suck at listening to other people, but I don't suck at listening to myself talk!

MBTI
    ENTP

For me it is much simpler.

Internet: I like it because it is full of everything I am curious about. It's also a frequently changing technology -- two things I like.

When I first came to this forum it was like being in a room full of people with interests and temperament similar to mine. As an NT, this was unusual and fulfilling.

Plus everything Aimahn said.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    finally, someone else that actually reads and comprehends Please Understand Me II
    I've read it, and I comprehend quite a lot of it. In fact, I'm working on a project related to it that I've posted some of here.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Uh huh.

People always favor like-minded others. It's a natural tendency to flock together. We're social creatures after all.

There's a disproportional number of Ns... in particular introverted Ns gathering on internet forums like here and INTPc because Ns started them. As you said, discussing theories and philosophy is our natural style. Clearer it'll be easier for us Ns to integrate than Ss.

As to superiority... that's silly. How do you define it? Different types have their own natural abilities. It's senseless saying one type is superior to another because we'll never agree upon what traits are the most important.

What people don't usually voice is the importance of having other types involved in discussions. As nice as it is hear here our ideas validated by like-minded others, other types bring in different perspectives that helps us see the larger picture. (This is my Ni talking ) I'm glad we have our small population of active sensors around.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    are there other examples anyone can think of similar to this, or where the concept of "birds of a feather" then evolves into a self-fulfilling commune? do you think an environmental preference could be tied to other type dichotomies, such as the internet being more favorable to introverts for similar reasons?
    Life, "real life", in general is like this. This is how cliques in school gets started, and clubs. Essentially any group formed on a voluntary basis would have that.

considering im bringing this up in the very environment it refers to, i know it might be difficult for people to consider it objectively, im just hoping we can favor the scientists and theorists in us for once and not make it personal.
    As oppose to shouting matches insisting the superiority of one type against another? It's been a long long while since we had one of those around here.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    As oppose to shouting matches insisting the superiority of one type against another? It's been a long long while since we had one of those around here.
    *Fist pounding on chest* Bring it!

(No really, don't Or at least make it something different this time. Like Js vs Ps! (No really, don't ))

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    *Fist pounding on chest* Bring it!

(No really, don't Or at least make it something different this time. Like Js vs Ps! (No really, don't ))
    Can't make up your mind eh? You're such a P.

/em looks at his own type and then
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

He was much too wordy and descriptive of external elements to be an INFP, I think. INFXes like to boil things down in my opinion. Two examples are Terry Brooks and J. K. Rowling. The former is INFp, the latter INFj.
    there is a big difference between INFPs and INFJs. also, i hold no opinion on tolkiens type lol i could care less, he writes good books and thats the point. but i notice INFJs or really XNFJs in general seem to use a lot of adjective in their writing. not sure how XNFPs would go about writing. i know the stuff i write has an "emotional" structure to it with "intellectual" hooks. i have a whole theory about types and music with that. u could be completely right with whatever you said before.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

The INternet is like a whole other world. I'm waiting for the self-excommunication of the INternet from the real world and the establishment of the INternet as it's own sovereign state. It shall be called "The United INternet of Libertarians" and have it's own government, army of deadly computer hackers, complex INternet social structure and continually be at war with the real world.