User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    No. How could it mean that?

What I had in mind, and I think ml understood, is effectively more than one test side by side. For example: One for N/S, one for NT/NF/SP/SJ, and one for whatever else you want.
    Ah.
    I'm sure ml understood also.
    Obviously, I did not.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

ill handle the questions so that people can't have bias answers. ill add quite a bit of questions too but i don't plan on it taking too long to take, there is nothing worse then a long personality test lol and thats kinda the point of this program... fast and efficient.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

From someone who's supposedly really good at face-to-face helping others figure out their type...most people really like the fact that the researched tools (MBTI, Golden, Majors, JTI, etc.) are self-reporting. No one tells you what you are. You get to interact with the results and figure out what you really prefer, what came from your mom and dad's rules, what you have to do for work, etc. Self-reflection is a good thing. Yes lots of people get told that the "test" results are what they are, but instead of trying for another test, how about helping people just figure it out through reflection?
    edcoaching

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    From someone who's supposedly really good at face-to-face helping others figure out their type...most people really like the fact that the researched tools (MBTI, Golden, Majors, JTI, etc.) are self-reporting. No one tells you what you are. You get to interact with the results and figure out what you really prefer, what came from your mom and dad's rules, what you have to do for work, etc. Self-reflection is a good thing. Yes lots of people get told that the "test" results are what they are, but instead of trying for another test, how about helping people just figure it out through reflection?
    Naturally that's the friendly method. And it's better than tests alone, because they only usually give you your correct type. The problem with promoting the self-reflection method is that people delude themselves from time to time. If you give them the final word on their type, even if it's obviously a poor match, the school you're a part of writes books that end up in the self-help section instead of the psychology section.

That is one valid angle, of course, but opinions do vary.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Naturally that's the friendly method. And it's better than tests alone, because they only usually give you your correct type. The problem with promoting the self-reflection method is that people delude themselves from time to time. If you give them the final word on their type, even if it's obviously a poor match, the school you're a part of writes books that end up in the self-help section instead of the psychology section.

you do remember that, if we really do it your way, we have to exlude like 99% of the population ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    you do remember that, if we really do it your way, we have to explude like 99% of the population ?
    Isn't that what's done for most proper professions?

Let's let everyone who says "I'm good at soccer" play football for the German national team!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

the best profession is still to have an answer to every totally insane type. Not to expect from every totally insane type to understand its profession.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

None of my books are in the self-help section

My point was no one really likes being told who they are. After an ethical 6-hour experiential workshop taught by someone who really knows what they are doing there are very few who aren't willing to accept who they are. And when they don't there are other issues. To say the least. Illusions of grandeur, childhood abuse, bullying...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    None of my books are in the self-help section

My point was no one really likes being told who they are. After an ethical 6-hour experiential workshop taught by someone who really knows what they are doing there are very few who aren't willing to accept who they are. And when they don't there are other issues. To say the least. Illusions of grandeur, childhood abuse, bullying...
    So you mean, break them, do make them understand ?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I understand THAT perfectly