User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

mlittrell, I've thought about test structure like that, and I think parallel redundancy has less chance of going wrong than linear selection, unless your test is perfect, which none have been yet. I guess it depends on your goal, whether it's ULTIMATE ACCURACY or OK accuracy and "not taking forever."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

well the current tests dont make sense to me at all. why go for each individual part? that doesn't make sense considering they all effect each other. a person is either an N or an S. they are either an NT or an NF. they are either an NTP or an NTJ and either an extrovert or introvert. i thought of this when i first took the test before i really knew anything lol. it just didn't make sense when i was taking the test why they did it the way they did it, so ive been looking into doing this for quite a long time. its quite an easy thing to program too. do you have any ideas? do you like the idea? my goal would be ultimate accuracy btw. when it comes to type there is no "OK accuracy" it needs to be quick and accurate. i know three people who are INFJs that where convinced that they were ISFJs until they read keirseys profiles. that kinda stuff bothers me for reasons im not going to go into. i figure this is how i type in real life so why not apply it to a test? any ideas are welcome
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

If you need programming help, let me know, I do speak different languages fluently .

Can even try to make an ASP website and program it in c#. I've got some free space for that.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    If you need programming help, let me know, I do speak different languages fluently .

Can even try to make an ASP website and program it in c#. I've got some free space for that.
    really? hmmmm well then that might come in handy if we wanna post it on mbtic. i know a little asp but if you know it fluently...

just give me time to write the program, i have 3 weeks left in school so im insanely busy.

thanks for all the suggested help people it is much appreciated

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    well the current tests dont make sense to me at all. why go for each individual part? that doesn't make sense considering they all effect each other.
    But you know people screw test-taking up all the time. The redundancy of testing several categories separately allows you to have a null result like "You fucked up, try again."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    But you know people screw test-taking up all the time. The redundancy of testing several categories separately allows you to have a null result like "You fucked up, try again."
    well if people are too stupid to take a normal test and i send them a response like that imagine how confused they will be then lol. good point nonetheless. that is why i need to make it stupid proof. the only problem i have with separate parts is its too similar to the other tests. if you want i could do it both ways and see which one is better...

what do you guys think about jacks proposal?

Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    MBTI
    type

It'll take longer to take it, that's for sure.

MBTI
    INTJ

Which part?
    The parallel redundancy?
    What does that mean exactly?
    Is that where you choose from a comparison of words which one best suits you?

I think MBTI is all about "compared to who" and because they use words that mean something different in another world, it's important to place them next to words that show what they are not.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Which part?
    The parallel redundancy?
    What does that mean exactly?
    Is that where you choose from a comparison of words which one best suits you?
    No. How could it mean that?

What I had in mind, and I think ml understood, is effectively more than one test side by side. For example: One for N/S, one for NT/NF/SP/SJ, and one for whatever else you want.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I see the goal lies in redundancy aswell. You can have a test that clearly asks for N or F, because the questions could be easily made. And then again you need more question asking concretly for NT or even a whole remarkable personality trait.

The only new problem that could bring is, if people take the test who are fairly biased in their answering. Maybe thinking that there answer will lead to a T outcome they choosed their answer. There is the need then to prevent that, by a lot of good an cryptic questions.

Maybe that is the hardest part in developing the test. Should probably make a new thread and search for candidates for the questions
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]