First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    You would think so... Ti is logic applied inside to understand and Te is logic applied outside to problem solve. Just like Fi is self values and Fe is shared social values. But that's just what they are on the surface. Ti is not the same as Te. INTP will examine an idea in depth for understanding, the Te dominant ENTJ ought to explore all external options to understand each one. They do that, but only to the degree necessary to making a decision. They're not equal mirrors. Or is that J/P getting in the way? But then again what is J/P? The link between Yx and J/P is inherent but their relationship isn't obvious.
    J/P is what you do when you extravert is it not? Js organise, define and generally make sense of things where as Ps flex, problem solve and flake ( ).

Taking the Ti vs Te split.
    If Ti is not problem solving then why are ENTPs and INTPs good problem solvers??
    If Te is not based upon complete understanding then why is it that when you try and persuade an INTJ/ENTJs point of view or enlighten them to something you think they haven't seen do you always find that they've considered everything (usually to a limit of understanding gauged more on their individual intelligence and level of care taken)?

It always seems that the splits in the functions aren't well defined enough to really be of use. Maybe I've not found the pattern yet, I'm open to that.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    What about the checking procedure where they basically ask the same question again later on to try and verify that you are answering honestly. I think it has something to do with your opinion may change as you progress through the testing procedure and it's a deliberate lead. If you start limiting the person's type too early then how would you incorporate such a checking feature or do you think it's a bit of a waste of time?
    I would consider a checking procedure but really if done right, I wouldn't need one. But thanks for brining that up.

Kinda like a workflow / flowchart?
    I like it! Do I count as "people"?
    Do it! Let me know if I can help
    Yes you count as people lol glad you like the idea. its going be a b*tch for me to do because of my schedule but ill try to spit it out in the next couple of months. (Christmas vacation maybe...?). and sure if you wanna help ill keep in contact.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    I would consider a checking procedure but really if done right, I wouldn't need one. But thanks for brining that up.

That told me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

That told me.

DId I miss something lol?

Another mlittrell retard moment?

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

DId I miss something lol?

Another mlittrell retard moment?
    I read it as snippy... it just made me laugh. Kinda like you were looking down your nose going "well I'm going to do it right so I don't need to but it's soo nice that you are thinking so hard about it" whilst patting me on the head.

Sounded funny to me

Seriously though if the subject is supposed to be the foremost authority on their own type then would it not be contrary to this to attempt to build a test which was prescriptive?

Don't get me wrong I'd love it if it was done and worked... I'm just a little doubtful of the premise.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I read it as snippy... it just made me laugh. Kinda like you were looking down your nose going "well I'm going to do it right so I don't need to but it's soo nice that you are thinking so hard about it" whilst patting me on the head.

Sounded funny to me

Seriously though if the subject is supposed to be the foremost authority on their own type then would it not be contrary to this to attempt to build a test which was prescriptive?

Don't get me wrong I'd love it if it was done and worked... I'm just a little doubtful of the premise.
    yaaa i didn't mean to sound snippy lol my bad. and yes a test which is prescriptive would be nice. it would be nice if a test could be made with a top down type of design though. hey ill keep any ideas you have in mind and im not just saying that to shut you up, im seriously down for ideas...

i started outlining the program a little btw

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

yaaa i didn't mean to sound snippy lol my bad. and yes a test which is prescriptive would be nice. it would be nice if a test could be made with a top down type of design though. hey ill keep any ideas you have in mind and im not just saying that to shut you up, im seriously down for ideas...

i started outlining the program a little btw
    I think I've got a good suggestion....

Reference this double check idea, how about if the program takes you through and test you using different methods? So one tries to establish your temperament and goes down that route, perhaps another checks for function usage and another tries a more direct approach. That way you could then perhaps average out the results or do a more complex comparison before giving the results of the analysis to the subject.

I'm figuring that if the subject is tested more than once within one test then an average will hopefully reduce the impact of any "outliers" in their personality.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I think I've got a good suggestion....

Reference this double check idea, how about if the program takes you through and test you using different methods? So one tries to establish your temperament and goes down that route, perhaps another checks for function usage and another tries a more direct approach. That way you could then perhaps average out the results or do a more complex comparison before giving the results of the analysis to the subject.

I'm figuring that if the subject is tested more than once within one test then an average will hopefully reduce the impact of any "outliers" in their personality.
    that is a good idea. the only problem is i wont do a function test mostly because i push function orientation so much. i figure it would look like this (for an ENTP)(nasty pseudocode):

test to determine N/S

if intuitive
    then
    /*test to determine NT/NF*/
    ifelse intuitive = sensing /*if test results are even*/
    then
    /*Ask a previous question and then a new question. if previous question remains the same then ignore and ask new question to fully determine N/S. if previous question changes then change it and still go onto the next question*/
    else
    blah blah blah

and do this for NT/NF, then NTP/NTJ, then E/I

i was considering writing it in ksh just to test it out. im quite a bit better in ksh then C++ or java for that matter. though i can do it. its kinda a top down design i spose... what do you think?

EDIT:
    thats an extremely rough outline, i a chunk of it layed out already

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

^^It'll be interesting to see how that lot turns out.

You plan on testing it here I presume. That'd be kinda cool.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

yes it will be tested here, problem is i dont think many people will like it being a .exe for security reasons so i wanna figure out a better way of doing it for that reason

Mahatma Gandhi