123 Last

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Exclamation Ever felt like "Others are not on your Level"?

This could also go into the Relationship-Area but since it is a *Bit* more about MBTI Types and that Feeling, I will stick with it here. If it's in the wrong Place, please let me know.

So, what I wanted to know is, if you have ever felt like "Other People are not on your Level". Not in an arrogant kind of Way, more of...you think too different or you just know so much more...or maybe also in "People can't really keep up with you".
    This goes especially to INTJ or -smiliar Types, but I am also interested to hear from Others (or maybe Someone has already felt like s / he can't keep up with certain Types or so?)

Personally, I have had that quite often lately.
    I have some Hobbies (a big one is making Graphics and / or program) and no matter where I looked, People just seem to be "under my Level", meaning I am too good for them to keep up. That makes me feel very dissatisfied, because I would love to be FINALLY able to talk to Someone who can keep up with me on that and do some little Projects together.
    I have also already tried to teach some Persons that Stuff, but somehow they had a big Lack of Enthusiasm to keep going. It always ended up that I had to remind them, instead of them telling me that they wanna move on.

So, has this or Something similar already happened to some of you?
    (And again, I am NOT being or wanting to be arrogant. It is actually bothering me quite a Bit)

MBTI
    INTP

Every day of my life. Not necessarily in terms of proficiency or intelligence, just by the way I view/choose to live my life. I often find it amusing to talk to people about decisions I've made with relative ease which they generally find unthinkable to do.
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Can't say that it has, but I work in academia and am just starting out. I also have a TONNE of hobbies, which I've picked up at some point or another during my life. Can't say that I've ever felt like I'm being unchallenged either at work or in these fields.

In "normal" daily life, though... I find that I can't carry a conversation that I'm interested in with most people. That may be why I hang out with people from work, especially those who have similar interests.

I get the "lack of enthusiasm" attitude from students, which is pretty demoralising because during class I do "put myself out there" and go out on a limb to make it interesting/exciting. But they're students, so it's quite typical. I do get very enthusiastic when people are teaching me stuff, I guess that's what keeps them keen on it.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

I often find it amusing to talk to people about decisions I've made with relative ease which they generally find unthinkable to do.
    Yeah that's actually another Thing that plays into the "Problem" I mentioned.
    For Example...when I find Stuff in my Life that I don't like, instead of complaining I just do Researches and try to find Something to change / resolve the Problem. Normally it doesn't take me long. And Others who have Problems would just complain about it over and over when talking to me. Then they ask for Advice, I present them a Solution (even Step by Step), mostly even offering my Help. And in the End they won't do Sh... about it and just come again the next Day (or only a few Hours later), to complain about the same Thing.
    So...is this just me or...? *lol*

I find that I can't carry a conversation that I'm interested in with most people.
    Ohh, so true, I know this one too! I TOTALLY relate to you on that one. And that's why Sometimes my Mind gets literally bored. So I sit there, try to solve that "Problem" and try to find People like me, but nothing.

By the Way, my Friends are mostly INFP, a few also ETFS and ITFG. I don't know how well INTJs and those Types work, since I really haven't too much Information on those Types YET, but...any Experiences maybe with those Types and "feeling like they can't catch up"? I mean from reading the Descriptions I would say it could work but uh...Reality looks totally different?

MBTI
    INTP

What I never understood is when someone asks me for advice on whether or not they should do something. I tell them not to, and they do it anyway with negative results... then when I say "I told you so" they get all uppity and say I never told them what to do.
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    istp

somehow i knew this thread would have INTx in it

my predictive ability is on it's own level

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Wilson View Post
    What I never understood is when someone asks me for advice on whether or not they should do something. I tell them not to, and they do it anyway with negative results... then when I say "I told you so" they get all uppity and say I never told them what to do.
    Oh Gee! So you got that Problem too? *lol*
    I have the VERY SAME Problem all the Time! I would tell People Something because they asked for Help and Advice, then they don't do it and a Bit later I go "Man, I told you! Why didn't you do what I said?" but they have no Answer for it. And it keeps happening over and over. They somehow just don't take me for serious or...IDK. Maybe you know what it is with them.

*laughs* Well done! Here, get yourself a Cookie now!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post

my predictive ability is on it's own level
    It is because you are a genius, Sir... on a level high above all of the others! HOW could anyone predict that such a thread would be the happy romping grounds of INTxs!

“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Different levels? No.

Different planets? Sometimes, yes.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by GargoylesLegacy View Post
    *laughs* Well done! Here, get yourself a Cookie now!
    i am happily munching carrots at the moment so i will take a rain check

to answer your question, i havent met someone who thinks exactly like i do, but i dont really see it as a bad thing

diversity breeds conflict breeds strength