• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ever felt like "Others are not on your Level"?

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
This could also go into the Relationship-Area but since it is a *Bit* more about MBTI Types and that Feeling, I will stick with it here. If it's in the wrong Place, please let me know.

So, what I wanted to know is, if you have ever felt like "Other People are not on your Level". Not in an arrogant kind of Way, more of...you think too different or you just know so much more...or maybe also in "People can't really keep up with you".
This goes especially to INTJ or -smiliar Types, but I am also interested to hear from Others (or maybe Someone has already felt like s / he can't keep up with certain Types or so?)

Personally, I have had that quite often lately.
I have some Hobbies (a big one is making Graphics and / or program) and no matter where I looked, People just seem to be "under my Level", meaning I am too good for them to keep up. That makes me feel very dissatisfied, because I would love to be FINALLY able to talk to Someone who can keep up with me on that and do some little Projects together.
I have also already tried to teach some Persons that Stuff, but somehow they had a big Lack of Enthusiasm to keep going. It always ended up that I had to remind them, instead of them telling me that they wanna move on.

So, has this or Something similar already happened to some of you?
(And again, I am NOT being or wanting to be arrogant. It is actually bothering me quite a Bit)

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
Every day of my life. Not necessarily in terms of proficiency or intelligence, just by the way I view/choose to live my life. I often find it amusing to talk to people about decisions I've made with relative ease which they generally find unthinkable to do.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can't say that it has, but I work in academia and am just starting out. I also have a TONNE of hobbies, which I've picked up at some point or another during my life. Can't say that I've ever felt like I'm being unchallenged either at work or in these fields.

In "normal" daily life, though... I find that I can't carry a conversation that I'm interested in with most people. That may be why I hang out with people from work, especially those who have similar interests.

I get the "lack of enthusiasm" attitude from students, which is pretty demoralising because during class I do "put myself out there" and go out on a limb to make it interesting/exciting. But they're students, so it's quite typical. I do get very enthusiastic when people are teaching me stuff, I guess that's what keeps them keen on it. ;)

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I often find it amusing to talk to people about decisions I've made with relative ease which they generally find unthinkable to do.
Yeah that's actually another Thing that plays into the "Problem" I mentioned.
For Example...when I find Stuff in my Life that I don't like, instead of complaining I just do Researches and try to find Something to change / resolve the Problem. Normally it doesn't take me long. And Others who have Problems would just complain about it over and over when talking to me. Then they ask for Advice, I present them a Solution (even Step by Step), mostly even offering my Help. And in the End they won't do Sh... about it and just come again the next Day (or only a few Hours later), to complain about the same Thing.
So...is this just me or...? *lol*

I find that I can't carry a conversation that I'm interested in with most people.
Ohh, so true, I know this one too! I TOTALLY relate to you on that one. And that's why Sometimes my Mind gets literally bored. So I sit there, try to solve that "Problem" and try to find People like me, but nothing.

By the Way, my Friends are mostly INFP, a few also ETFS and ITFG. I don't know how well INTJs and those Types work, since I really haven't too much Information on those Types YET, but...any Experiences maybe with those Types and "feeling like they can't catch up"? I mean from reading the Descriptions I would say it could work but uh...Reality looks totally different? :shock:

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
What I never understood is when someone asks me for advice on whether or not they should do something. I tell them not to, and they do it anyway with negative results... then when I say "I told you so" they get all uppity and say I never told them what to do. :doh:

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
somehow i knew this thread would have INTx in it

my predictive ability is on it's own level

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
What I never understood is when someone asks me for advice on whether or not they should do something. I tell them not to, and they do it anyway with negative results... then when I say "I told you so" they get all uppity and say I never told them what to do. :doh:
Oh Gee! So you got that Problem too? *lol*
I have the VERY SAME Problem all the Time! I would tell People Something because they asked for Help and Advice, then they don't do it and a Bit later I go "Man, I told you! Why didn't you do what I said?" but they have no Answer for it. And it keeps happening over and over. They somehow just don't take me for serious or...IDK. Maybe you know what it is with them. :D

*laughs* Well done! Here, get yourself a Cookie now! :tongue:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

my predictive ability is on it's own level

It is because you are a genius, Sir... on a level high above all of the others! HOW could anyone predict that such a thread would be the happy romping grounds of INTxs! :holy:

:D

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Different levels? No.

Different planets? Sometimes, yes.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
*laughs* Well done! Here, get yourself a Cookie now! :tongue:

i am happily munching carrots at the moment so i will take a rain check

to answer your question, i havent met someone who thinks exactly like i do, but i dont really see it as a bad thing

diversity breeds conflict breeds strength :yes:

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Different levels? No.
Different planets? Sometimes, yes.
Actually...that is also a Way to put it. :D

Sometimes I actually DO think I am from Jupiter or so. Maybe it is a Mixture of both, who knows.

But as far as I see until now, it seems to really be an INTx Sorrow. :tongue:

greyscale said:
to answer your question, i havent met someone who thinks exactly like i do, but i dont really see it as a bad thing
Well, I could take it for a loooooooooooong Time too. I mean from when I first went to School until recently. But Somewhen my Mind just went nuts. And it got really disturbing, because I either had to distract myself somehow or I could "sit around" and go nuts. So, I took the first Choice.
And since now I am here, I figured I'd ask if that was just "me" or if that's a general "Problem".

I am really glad for you that it doesn't bother you THAT much tho. Wish I could change. :newwink:

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh Gee! So you got that Problem too? *lol*
I have the VERY SAME Problem all the Time! I would tell People Something because they asked for Help and Advice, then they don't do it and a Bit later I go "Man, I told you! Why didn't you do what I said?" but they have no Answer for it. And it keeps happening over and over. They somehow just don't take me for serious or...IDK. Maybe you know what it is with them. :D

I think it's because they don't want the right answer, they want the answer that sounds best to them (which is usually the wrong one, ha)

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I think it's because they don't want the right answer, they want the answer that sounds best to them (which is usually the wrong one, ha)
*lol* Guess you got a Point there!

Also, at least when looking at my Friends (of which Noone is INTJ of Course, duh!), it seems that many People want to stick with the "most easy Solution" and that would be...exactly! Do Nothing.
That drives me crazy too Sometimes. So somewhen, after 320857561908 Tries, I will just stop listening to / helping them. I do have lots of Patience but uhm...I just know when all Hope is lost. :D

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
*lol* Guess you got a Point there!

Also, at least when looking at my Friends (of which Noone is INTJ of Course, duh!), it seems that many People want to stick with the "most easy Solution" and that would be...exactly! Do Nothing.
That drives me crazy too Sometimes. So somewhen, after 320857561908 Tries, I will just stop listening to / helping them. I do have lots of Patience but uhm...I just know when all Hope is lost. :D

I used to get laughed at for that all the time in school. When the teacher would tell us the easy way to do something I would intentionally go the long way just for the sake of learning how to do whatever we were working on completely/find out how it works. People were like "Dude! Why are you doing so much extra work? lol shortcut is so much easier!" :tongue10:

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
Well, I could take it for a loooooooooooong Time too.

if you are suggesting that i will eventually tire of it, i should probably point out that it was something that used to bother me.

but it seemed better to learn to accept (and eventually even appreciate) differences rather than try and conform or complain.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, I'm lonely. :cry:
:hug:

I get lonely too.

There are pros and cons to being a freak, I guess. But I would never have it any other way. :)

Plus, it is really cool, and extra-super-sauce special when you finally get to meet a kindred spirit who, for reasons unknown, actually gets you. :yes:

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I used to get laughed at for that all the time in school. When the teacher would tell us the easy way to do something I would intentionally go the long way just for the sake of learning how to do whatever we were working on completely/find out how it works. People were like "Dude! Why are you doing so much extra work? lol shortcut is so much easier!" :tongue10:
Yeah, I know that Feeling. Often I have very unusual Ways to do Things and People would either pick on me or not understand at all. So I can feel ya there.
Oh and of Course they would try to change me. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love to learn new Things and discover new Ways (in Fact I ALWAYS try to find new and better Ways) but...ah, why change Something that makes you feel fine? :D

There are pros and cons to being a freak, I guess. But I would never have it any other way.
Yeah, actually I wouldn't change me being a "Freak" either. I am happy about how I am. I judt didn't like this odd Feeling of never having Someone to share Stuff that is important to me.

but it seemed better to learn to accept (and eventually even appreciate) differences rather than try and conform or complain.
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't like to complain and I am not really complaining either. Differences are good and I know Everything has always two Sides. But uhm, what I just said up there about "not having Someone to share with". Sometimes you just DO get kinda tired of it, I'd say.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
for every way in which i can think that someone isn't on my level, i can think of one in which i'm not on their's.