User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Since I don't believe in Ni, and I'm an intuition user, "Yeah." But I separate these things from reality, and don't get riled up and scared.

Sniffles

How can you not believe in Ni? By that extension I don't believe in Ne.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    How can you not believe in Ni? By that extension I don't believe in Ne.
    Jack Flak's Function System Adventure

MBTI
    INFP

I do that too. Learning to control it, it always happens. I have plenty of scenarios like that. I analyze my daydreams and dreams and saw that there was a pattern.
    I was constantly in a struggle and close relatives were involved.
    Ages 6-12:
    fantasized about murdering my sister. Daydreamed a lot about hurting people who hurt me and basically carnaged my surroundings?Ahem..."saving the world?".I was a dork I know.
    ages 14-17:
    Death again, but often mine this time. Death of my loved ones and me being unable to protect them. Both dreams and daydreams. Sacrifice for a cause?Again,more massacres and me unable to help out. A lot of guns and violence for some odd reason, before the deaths were sudden and more gruesome, they softened up.
    Yep, there's plenty of it in my mind and yes writing helps.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    You made me think I was messed up for a moment.
    But the real question is: Are we messed up as a group?

Another one here.

MBTI
    nnnn

The real question revolves around the category of messed up. What is real?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Default RE: INxJ or Ni users: do you create fantasy melodrama?

Yes.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    So I have this little bit of a problem with my daydreaming. I'll illustrate it with the latest example, but it's really just representative of things that happen all the time in my head. (I'm wondering if it's just because I need to engage my Ni and life these past few weeks has been uneventful.)

I moved back in with my parents this fall; my dad wants to try to go to Cuba as a last family vacation during Christmas break (my sister will be home from another university for Christmas, it's unlikely I'll be living with them next year...). The last family vacation we went away for a few years ago involved SCUBA Diving.
    My Ni takes this information (the potential of going away for Christmas break) and clearly decides that I'm going to go diving, enjoying myself on a coral reef, and an 8 foot bull shark will prey after me, because I'm always the smallest diver in the group. Then when the shark tastes me and drags me for a second like a rag doll (engulfing my tank so that I only get bit across my stomach and legs), blood leaking everywhere in the salty water, he realizes I'm not tasty food, and is scared away by the hissing air tank because he punctured it.
    At this point, I am bloody and he cracked a few of my ribs as well, and I can't shoot up to the surface because I'm far enough below that I'd "get bent" (the different pressure underwater changes the size of the air molecules in your circulatory system, so you have to go up very slowly and equalize or else face potentially lethal consequences).

So I had like a day of envisioning exactly how it would feel to encounter the shark, and envisioning exactly the stress involved with hearing him puncture my tank; then I envision how to react to the multitude of ways my dad and brother and fellow divers would react to the situation and figure out how to get their "octopus" (secondary breathing mouthpiece in case a fellow diver experiences problems with their breathing apparatus and you suck the same tank through different tubes). All the while, I'm training my brain to constantly blow the air that remains in my lungs out. (As soon as you stop moving air when diving, you're in huge trouble.)

I constantly do stuff like this. Most of the time it's just interpersonal interactions, but when my real life gets a little boring, this is what I'm doing in my head.

Please tell me other Ni users do this too.
    That's not normal?!
    Did you make a contingency plan for what to do when the shark attacks you?
    Were you stalked by a shark the last time you went SCUBA diving?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I think about things like this all the time. And I try to picture the exact facial expressions, screams, sensations, rushing thoughts. When I engage my imagination like that, I often get a physical reaction.

(I often do this with serious injury or death )

I also do this when I'm imagining telling someone something that would surprise them -- I try to paint the details of their reaction in my mind, including what it would feel like to be them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm pretty sure that's just called having an active imagination.

A useful one, too, just in case it does happen and you've already outlined all of the potential consequences.