• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fi vs. Ti

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
This might be a stupid question for most of you, but seriously, how do I know if I am Fi or Ti?

I know that the ENxP types are really similar, but are there some real obvious signs that give off the answer?

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Just head over to that other Fi thread and see who pisses you off more.

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
500+ posts of sappy opinion related superiority . . . I rather watch star trek. Sorry to all you star trek fans.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I hear ya. In that cognitive processes test I got "excellent" on Ne, Ti and Fi. Fi is still my better used function but my high Ti often leads me to relate to ENTPs a lot too.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
When it comes time to make a decision...
  • Is your first inclination to rely on logic--if/then, precedents you're setting, cause/effect, definitions... (Ti
  • Or do you think about the people involved--how will each one be affected, who will be upset, how much conflict will there be (not that conflict is always seen as bad....), how much does this make my gut churn if I really hope everyone will be happy.

In other words, go back to the basics. T-F is about how we make decisions. When my kids for example want an exception to a rule, tehy come to me: "Mom, I had three tests at school today. Can't I PLEASE have an extra hour of TV?" My little F heart thinks Oh, the poor dears. Of course they need the break. Then T kicks in and I think about what happened the last time I made an exception to house rules.

If they try the same thing with Dad (T), he's "The rule is the rule. Deal with it. go shoot baskets if you need to have fun." Then he might think, Golly, Iused to get wiped out by tests. Maybe they're too tired and really need that half hour. Still, I'm more likely to bend, he's more likely to stick to the rules. We both act out of pattern--it's called balance and maturity--but that first inclination is the big clue.

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I think you're more likely ENTP than ENFP.

Who was that pointed at?

To edcoaching, my response to my family would be like your husband, but at work to my employees I would be like you.

I prefer to be a utilitarian, but if I gotta do what I gotta do, then I will do it.