• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack Flak's Function System Adventure

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
This is why INTPs are very reluctant to enter unpredictable social situations. Our Ti preference is so strong we feel that we must understand the rules of the situation before we even partake in it. ENTPs have so much less trouble with this.
It's much simpler and less far-reaching to attribuite the INTPs, well, introversion to, well, being introverted, than to an invented concept like Ti.

Orangey: Exactly.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Introversion/Extroversion is included in the type descriptions in the system, because it affects how people operate. There is no problem with consistency. The descriptions are accurate.

I was talking about introversion and extroversion in function direction (Ti, Te), not introversion/extroversion themselves. I agree.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I was talking about introversion and extroversion in function direction (Ti, Te), not introversion/extroversion themselves. I agree.
I'm sorry, I didn't even see that you posted. I thought zago added that to his post! I completely agree with you.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Jack, the only thing that's holding this thing back from being great is your insistence on saying that it's a 'better' version of MBTI.

Set the system free. Don't make it live up to something that it can't. It can stand on its own merit, if it had any in the first place.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
It's much simpler and less far-reaching to attribuite the INTPs, well, introversion to, well, being introverted, than to an invented concept like Ti.

Introversion/Extroversion is included in the type descriptions in the system, because it affects how people operate. There is no problem with consistency. The descriptions are accurate.

Introversion is an invented concept as well. And I think there are different kinds of introverts. ISFJs, for example, are introverted but also very people-oriented. I think it helps explain the introversion of INTPs that their predominant value is Ti. Our actions are based on our values; introversion doesn't just happen apart from thinking and intuition.

Also, what about the marked difference between Ti and Te, for instance? Te is a function I understand very well, but clearly don't rely on. Ti and Te are in strict opposition to one another, in fact. The former is all about natural law, the latter man-made law.

Overall I don't think the 8 functions are too complicated or far reaching. Sure, it can be done differently, but I think Jung works pretty well.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"Lady you are not very nice :D"

[YOUTUBE="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uq_k95ugQoE"]Hank[/YOUTUBE]

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey Jackie,

Why are you doing this?

--Nocap

P.S.
For further insight to this question, I redirect you to my earlier post, which I have quoted below.

Jackie, I am inspired!
I'm going to make my own typing system using runes to explain functions and write everything in ASCII binary.

It'll all be the same, just like yours, it'll just be explained differently.

Pardon my absence for the next few minutes while I work on it.
I'll post it then.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Introversion is an invented concept as well.
News in Science - Brain activity indicates introverts or extroverts - 06/04/1999

And I think there are different kinds of introverts. ISFJs, for example, are introverted but also very people-oriented. I think it helps explain the introversion of INTPs that their predominant value is Ti. Our actions are based on our values; introversion doesn't just happen apart from thinking and intuition.
There are eight kinds of introverts, type wise. ISFJs are very people oriented because first of all, they're ISFJ, and what that entails. See type descriptions. Secondly, they are Feeling Primary in my system. It works.

Also, what about the marked difference between Ti and Te, for instance? Te is a function I understand very well, but clearly don't rely on. Ti and Te are in strict opposition to one another, in fact. The former is all about natural law, the latter man-made law.
Your seemingly "Introverted Thinking" is the result of the interplay of Introversion and Thinking. It's beautifully simple.

Overall I don't think the 8 functions are too complicated or far reaching. Sure, it can be done differently, but I think Jung works pretty well.
In my experience, they actually provide for more confusion than they remove. Just take a look at this forum. There are countless threads in which members are confused about them. They are also fundamentally incorrect, to a degree. The only reason to continue using them is habit.

Why are you doing this?
The pursuit of truth and excellence?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Are all SJs feeling primary in your system?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
The pursuit of truth and excellence?

Perhaps I was correct in saying I'm better at Ne and Ti than all on this board.

Jackie, I'm sure you're familiar with subtlety, and transgression of metaphor, are you not?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Do you discard the reason for the use of everything current as 'habit'?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ignore the Peanut Gallery, Jackaroo -- attend my post.
It's surely the most prevalent question in the thread thus far.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Do you discard the reason for the use of everything current as 'habit'?
No, 'course not. And believe me, I would not be proposing this system, nor defending it, if I didn't think it was superior. These conclusions have been an extremely long time in the making.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
No, 'course not. And believe me, I would not be proposing this system, nor defending it, if I didn't think it was superior.

Ah! So then your reason is that it's superior.
Fantastik!

Now if I could only get a quick synopsis on how it's so.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Pastime? Are you mocking me?

This will not be tolerated!
Heil!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Ah! So then your reason is that it's superior.
Fantastik!

Now if I could only get a quick synopsis on how it's so.
There are some qualities, some incorporate things, that have a double life, which thus is made. A type of twin entity, which springs, from matter and light, evinced in solid and shade. There is a two-fold Silence, sea and shore, body and soul.

I've done that. The question is, what makes MBTI function theory, or Socionics function theory, or Jungian type theory superior to this? Nothing.