User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 393

  1. #81
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    ...
    INTJs spend 1/3 or their time gathering data via intuition, and 2/3 making decisions with thinking.
    So you think the lead function in INTJs is Te and second is Ni?

    (Please humor me with the e and the i thing, I'm still a novice.)

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    So you think the lead function in INTJs is Te and second is Ni?

    (Please humor me with the e and the i thing, I'm still a novice.)
    No. The Prmary function of INTJs is Thinking, and the Support function is Intuition.

  3. #83
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    No. The Prmary function of INTJs is Thinking, and the Support function is Intuition.
    But thinking is only primary because that is what you see first... because it's extraverted.
    I don't see how a stander-by would be able to tell which I am doing most of - thinking or intuiting.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    But thinking is only primary because that is what you see first... because it's extraverted.
    I don't see how a stander-by would be able to tell which I am doing most of - thinking or intuiting.
    You underestimate my intuition.

    Think of it this way. Your primary function is your favorite hobby, and your support function is the equipment you need to participate. Skiing and skis. The other two functions, the unlisted reserve functions, are the cash in your pocket, just in case.

  5. #85
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Too much thinking.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Too much thinking.
    You're an F then.

  7. #87
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    A good model of the conscious thinking patterns Jack. I would point out, however, that the current function use model isn't without it's benefits though. The problem is that many who pick it up fail to recognise how it's put together. That whole function order argument needs revising and people need to spot that they're on about dynamic type and not a static thought patterns.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  8. #88
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    So you think the lead function in INTJs is Te and second is Ni?

    (Please humor me with the e and the i thing, I'm still a novice.)
    He's right you know. 1/3 of the time is spent sucking up information and the rest is devoted to taking a long walk around it. Hence why if you challenge an INTJs position you most often get the result of the challenge a couple of days or perhaps a week or so later once they've had chance to walk around it in their head and poke it with sharpened sticks
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    A good model of the conscious thinking patterns Jack. I would point out, however, that the current function use model isn't without it's benefits though. The problem is that many who pick it up fail to recognise how it's put together. That whole function order argument needs revising and people need to spot that they're on about dynamic type and not a static thought patterns.
    Thanks.

    I agree. I've said myself that the "eight function" system can describe people in a way, but the problems are

    1. Most people apply a rigid order based only on theory,
    2. It's not the only way to describe thought processes,
    3. Descriptions and interpretations of function use are primarily based on observation of individuals who supposedly possess a certain familiarity with whatever function,
    4. People are unaware of the above and more.

  10. #90
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Nah.

    It's more like getting to the tallest skiing hill having second thoughts, and then intuition is the bastard that pushes you down before you've actually decided whether you'll do it or not.

    So yes, thinking, those two weeks in the hospital and six in bed, physically take longer, but that one-and-a-half minutes on the ski slope was still its own eternity.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO