User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

That's interesting bluemonday. I have a theory that a subset of people who are balanced on the left brain/right brain can use both the introverted and extroverted parts of their dominant functions at will. Their preference isn't as hard wired as someone who is right brain or left brain dominant.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Jack, but that's socionics :P
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    To speak of a function's locus of activity is an extreme generalization. Roughly speaking, however, PET technology indicates that our functional capacities are distributed as follows:

Btw, bluemonday, it's difficult to tell where a quote begins and ends if you don't close the quotation marks. Maybe you should just use the tags.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Btw, bluemonday, it's difficult to tell where a quote begins and ends if you don't close the quotation marks. Maybe you should just use the tags.
    What are you on about? I did use quotation marks - look again.

I don't understand the
    PET clearly shows where brain activity is concentrated.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Application, eh? What do you think I am, an ENTJ?

Really though, I wanted to define my notions more clearly than before. That was my motivation. If there's anything this would be good for it's cleaning up all the useless banter on complex function order. Keep It Simple, Stupid, as they say.
    ahh ok sounds good to me. a noble cause. though personally i find that functions theory/notation is very easy to understand once you understand what each function does. so could you type out a little profile for your simplified version of the functions, for each of your individual "psuedo-functions"?
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    ahh ok sounds good to me. a noble cause. though personally i find that functions theory/notation is very easy to understand once you understand what each function does. so could you type out a little profile for your simplified version of the functions, for each of your individual "psuedo-functions"?
    I was thinking about adding clearer definitions of S,N,T,&F. Not my strength, long descriptions...I'll Keep it Simple and edit the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Jack, but that's socionics :P
    It's no more Socionics than Keirsey is MBTI.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    OK, I got my Lenore Thomson back from my sister who stole it (she steals all my books).

What do you think of this, Jack?....
    I'm skeptical of the intent and procedure, to be honest. I'm not saying "Didn't happen," but I don't trust it yet. How on Earth would they measure someone's Introverted Intuition?

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    That's interesting bluemonday. I have a theory that a subset of people who are balanced on the left brain/right brain can use both the introverted and extroverted parts of their dominant functions at will. Their preference isn't as hard wired as someone who is right brain or left brain dominant.
    If what bluemonday & Lenore Thompson said is true, I must fall into this category being as I see no difference between E and I in functions themselves.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

my point with definitions is that if you can bring something new to the table in your definitions then you could very well have something significant if not then functions are a perfectly fluid and useful system.

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    my point with definitions is that if you can bring something new to the table in your definitions then you could very well have something significant if not then functions are a perfectly fluid and useful system.
    And myyyy point is that by simplifying something and removing potential errors, I am making it more useful.

I've added a very simple glossary to the OP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

And myyyy point is that by simplifying something and removing potential errors, I am making it more useful.

I've added a very simple glossary to the OP.
    ThinkGeek :: user error

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'm skeptical of the intent and procedure, to be honest. I'm not saying "Didn't happen," but I don't trust it yet. How on Earth would they measure someone's Introverted Intuition?
    Same way the cognitive functions tests measure it, I suppose.
    I'll try to find out more about the underlying basic research - I think it was related to sports performance.

If what bluemonday & Lenore Thompson said is true, I must fall into this category being as I see no difference between E and I in functions themselves.
    Funny you should say that:

Hell yeah, 104%, big brains.

Right Brain |||||||||||||| 60%
    Left Brain |||||||||||| 44%
    You are quite well-developed, for an INTP.