User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    And Te is a world away from Ti. How can you not know this and call yourself an INTP?
    It's all T, used for different things.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I don't know about this.
    I think a lot of your info is based on observable behavior rather than what is actually going on inside the person.

An INFP could use Feeling more than Intuition but it appears that he is using Intuition more than Feeling. Fi would still be the dominant function.

However, I must admit that I like some of your reasoning. It doesn't mean I entirely agree though.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It's all T, used for different things.
    Well, if you're gonna be reductionist, why not just say it's all brainpower - used for different things? How does this clarify anything.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Well, if you're gonna be reductionist, why not just say it's all brainpower - used for different things? How does this clarify anything.
    Because I prefer to take the conclusions as far as sense will allow. Balance, my friend.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    So this is for surface evaluation. Gotcha.

I guess one of my biggest complaints with MBTI, and how it's set up, is that perceiving functions (Ni, Ne, Si, Se) and judging functions (Ti, Te, Fi, Fe) are used alongside terms like 'judgers' (Ni, Si, Te, Fe) and 'perceivers' (Ne, Se, Ti, Fi).

Which doesn't seem to make much sense, because it makes people think that IJs are more like 'perceivers' and IPs are more like 'judgers,' when this is not the case.
    That's because you don't understand the theory. The J/P dichotomy is about how you interract with the environment. For an Introvert, this is of secondary importance, therefore, the dominant function for an IJ is actually a perceiving function. That's why introverted Js can sometimes look like Ps and vice versa.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Because I prefer to take the conclusions as far as sense will allow. Balance, my friend.
    I think you've thrashed that pony, friend.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I think you've thrashed that pony, friend.
    That's just your Intuition talking.

MBTI
    INFx

There is, of course, a very significant effect on the psyche from being Introverted or Extroverted, but I don't believe it's tied specifically to function direction.
    I think you're onto something. Jung seems to think I/E is innate when he gives examples of how every living thing in nature has introversion or extraversion, but he thinks the functions are at least partly developed via nurture. So, people are either I or E already when they're born, even before they've developed a dominant function.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cloakofsnow View Post
    I think you're onto something. Jung seems to think I/E is innate when he gives examples of how every living thing in nature has introversion or extraversion, but he thinks the functions are at least partly developed via nurture. So, people are either I or E already when they're born, even before they've developed a dominant function.
    But Jung specifically talks about the introverted intuitive type, the introvert thinking type etc. The whole function/attitude thing comes from him in the first place!

MBTI
    INFx

But Jung specifically talks about the introverted intuitive type, the introvert thinking type etc. The whole function/attitude thing comes from him in the first place!
    Yes, but I do wonder if he meant for the system to be as neat and tidy as Myers-Briggs has made it. He never specified the E/I direction of the auxiliary function. And the things he says often surprises me when he's speaking outside of his book, Psychological Types. He would say that Freud is actually an Introvert, even though he said he was an Extravert in PT, and that Freud is actually a Feeling type, even though his system is Thinking, etc. I find it hard to know what Jung really thinks regarding people's types as people.