User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 393

  1. #41
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Because they prefer Judging functions, like Thinking and Feeling.
    But... they don't.

    Just because connections beget the need for action does not mean that the connections are not the dominant, guiding force.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    But... they don't.

    Just because connections beget the need for action does not mean that the connections are not the dominant, guiding force.
    You're talking about Humans, not INTJs.

    Look at it this way. Even though it isn't true, it's simple:

    INTPs spend 2/3 of their time gathering data via intuition, and 1/3 making decisions with thinking.

    INTJs spend 1/3 or their time gathering data via intuition, and 2/3 making decisions with thinking.

  3. #43
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You're talking about Humans, not INTJs.
    They why not make Intuition dominant for all of them?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  4. #44
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Look at it this way. Even though it isn't true, it's simple:

    INTPs spend 2/3 of their time gathering data via intuition, and 1/3 making decisions with thinking.

    INTJs spend 1/3 or their time gathering data via intuition, and 2/3 making decisions with thinking.
    But the point I was trying to make at the beginning was that thinking is not necessarily decisionmaking!

    The reason why NJs don't appear do much 'gathering' is because there's nowhere to go to 'gather.' It's just kind of always there.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    But the point I was trying to make at the beginning was that thinking is not necessarily decisionmaking!
    *eats apple* Information processing. Sorting, selection for analysis, etc.

    The reason why NJs don't appear do much 'gathering' is because there's nowhere to go to 'gather.' It's just kind of always there.
    That's Thinking!

  6. #46
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You're talking about Humans, not INTJs.

    Look at it this way. Even though it isn't true, it's simple:

    INTPs spend 2/3 of their time gathering data via intuition, and 1/3 making decisions with thinking.

    INTJs spend 1/3 or their time gathering data via intuition, and 2/3 making decisions with thinking.
    How can you make a serious argument which starts with "Even though it isn't true"?

    How have you come to this conclusion? (don't say with thinking!)

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    How can you make a serious argument which starts with "Even though it isn't true"?

    How have you come to this conclusion? (don't say with thinking!)
    It's a simplified representation. How is this not obvious to you?

  8. #48
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It's a simplified representation. How is this not obvious to you?
    Err....Because it's wrong?

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Err....Because it's wrong?
    I KNOW. That's why I said "IT'S NOT TRUE." It's figurative.

  10. #50
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I KNOW. That's why I said "IT'S NOT TRUE." It's figurative.
    DON'T YOU BE SHOUTIN' AT ME, K?

    You shouldn't use fractions if you are trying to be figurative - you just know someone like me is gonna challenge you.

    But anyway, I disagree, I don't spend 2/3rds or even the majority of my time intuiting. I just don't. And Te is a world away from Ti. How can you not know this and call yourself an INTP?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO