User Tag List

First 2937383940 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post

Lady, what the fuck are you talking about?
    for that.
    When conjecture is all you've got, then you'd better damned argue the hell out of it. I don't know what the context of this argument is, but I can't picture even one scientific scenario where unchallenged conjecture is better than nothing. What if it's false? Then you've wasted a whole heap of time studying what can't be true.
    That's exactly what I was saying.
    So you get another .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

You also link S/N T/F.
    I don't link them, except that S/N is perception and T/F is judgment, which is just definitional.

Why don't we just lump them all together and call it Ff?*
    Come on son -- We're referencing the fragments of behavior separate from all others. Thinking is not tied to feeling. Else we ought to just call it judgement. When we're talking about Thinking, we're talking about the part of judgement which is separate from emotive judgement.
    Right, we should call it judgment. Then we can split judgment in two just like we split all of cognition in two by using the terms perception and judgment.

8 = 2^3

it's not 8 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1

(more like 4 = 2^2, not 4 = 1+1+1+1)

By your mish-mash logic, Thinking is tied to sensing, since photons still go into the eyeballs and make electrical signals even while we're using Judging functions.
    Thinking and Sensing can run in parallel. The brain is NOT a serial processor -- jeez. What makes you think that?

MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    its logical yes, i understand that, i just dont see the point considering its nothing new but i have stated that before so pardon this comment, i just wanted to follow that i understood how it generally worked
    Ahem. Why do you consider the improvement and streamlining of an existing concept bad? It's what got us from this:

To this:
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    I don't link them, except that S/N is perception and T/F is judgment, which is just definitional.
    I lying scoundrel.
    You've said more than once that F and T are inseparable -- interdependent even.
    That's a bunch of shit.

Right, we should call it judgment. Then we can split judgment in two just like we split all of cognition in two by using the terms perception and judgment.
    Indeed sir -- Thinking and Feeling are not dependent of one another, they are not married. None of that is true.
    The entire point of calling it Thinking is to say that it doesn't involve Feeling, except what's required by a biological invention to keep itself alive.

Thinking and Sensing can run in parallel. The brain is NOT a serial processor -- jeez. What makes you think that?
    You misread me.
    What I said doesn't even sound like Sensing and Thinking can't run parallel -- just that they're not married to one another.

Just like Thinking and Feeling aren't.
    Anything the two have in common, would be something referenced as a byproduct or incident of judgement.
    That, instead of choking up some half-cocked nonsense about Thinking and Feeling having some kind blood-brothers-like sharing relationship.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Ahem. Why do you consider the improvement and streamlining of an existing concept bad? It's what got us from this
    or from this:

to this:
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

deleted

No, none of this is your own theory. It's already been tried out and failed. You see, the reason Js are Js is because their functions are organized in a certain way that perceiving is inward and judging is outward, and for Ps visa versa. This fact alone is more important than how one tends to their primary function, because it specifies upon a larger classification. J and P in the original theory are full classifications, and to simply switch the introverted personalities would pose both classifications much too alike. As for the currently used theory, there are viable definitions for the four temperaments. To make it into what your propose more simple is just a downgrade. It doesn't help the current theory.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    No, none of this is your own theory. It's already been tried out and failed. You see, the reason Js are Js is because their functions are organized in a certain way that perceiving is inward and judging is outward, and for Ps visa versa. This fact alone is more important than how one tends to their primary function, because it specifies upon a larger classification. J and P in the original theory are full classifications, and to simply switch the introverted personalities would pose both classifications much too alike. As for the currently used theory, there are viable definitions for the four temperaments. To make it into what your propose more simple is just a downgrade. It doesn't help the current theory.
    Actually, some of it is my own theory. I'm not going to bother explaining what, as you obviously haven't read what I've already written very carefully. As for the rest, you're basically explaining the foundations of MBTT function theory, which I'm familiar with, and which suck.

deleted

INTPly speaking, instead of having judgment be a vital part of our brainwork, like MBTI says, socionics along with Jack's theory says that judgment is a support function.

Well what exactly is a support function and when does it become activated? I agree with this, especially Ni for INTPs. I just need to know what support functions "do."

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    INTPly speaking, instead of having judgment be a vital part of our brainwork, like MBTI says, socionics along with Jack's theory says that judgment is a support function.

Well what exactly is a support function and when does it become activated? I agree with this, especially Ni for INTPs. I just need to know what support functions "do."
    I think you're missing the point, lemons. What defines a function as the Support function is being the most dominant function which doesn't compete with the Primary. When we Judge, we either use T or F to process (or both). When we Perceive, we either use N or S to acquire information (or both). If a person is more concerned with N than any other function, T or F may be the Support function.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Jack, I currently dont know whats going on here, but I read up there something about Ni and the INTP. I remember you taking this as a possibility into account, when you did analyze yourself sometime.

Back in those days we aggreed that Ni as support function makes no sense in the MBTI concept. A few days ago, I thought about this and I was wondering, could it possibly be that the Si in the INTP is making some compromise with the Ne, so that it could be seen as somewhat Ni in the end ?

Just an idea here, could be complete BS
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]