User Tag List

First 283637383940 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

The mistakes, if you can call them such, which I've made, are only related to my inability to write a book-length description of the entire concept. The foundation is sound.
    only a paragraph is needed to convince all
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    The mistakes, if you can call them such, which I've made, are only related to my inability to write a book-length description of the entire concept. The foundation is sound.
    only a paragraph is needed to convince all
    Did you read Orangey's posts? I thought she was rather convincing, but again, it's hard for me to get a read on what's convincing to the mean/median/mode person.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

i just read orangeys posts. sorry for reading them after i posted that, though i still stand by my post. so basically you are just using this for typing people and typing people only? like people whose type you don't know. if that be the case i thought everyone did this already when typing people. i know i do. this further backs up my faith in the use of the temperaments...

and i know we are talking more about the functions seperate of the temperaments.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    i just read orangeys posts. sorry for reading them after i posted that, though i still stand by my post. so basically you are just using this for typing people and typing people only? like people whose type you don't know. if that be the case i thought everyone did this already when typing people. i know i do. this further backs up my faith in the use of the temperaments...
    It's not just for typing people. In fact, that wasn't what I had in mind when devising it. I was trying to demonstrate the uselessness of the established school.

Turns out though, when I used the system in analysis, it worked really well. The primary function defines J/P, so if you determine, say, someone is Intuition Primary, you have N and P. You do have to be adept at analysis, but that was true before anyway.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    . I was trying to demonstrate the uselessness of the established school.
    Huh?

Where did you do that exactly? That's the bit I'm waiting for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Huh?

Where did you do that exactly? That's the bit I'm waiting for.
    The system itself does that, so I don't have to. But I did devise the system, so I take full credit. Well, Orangey gets credit too. Read her posts in this thread.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

The system itself does that, so I don't have to. But I did devise the system, so I take full credit. Well, Orangey gets credit too. Read her posts in this thread.
    Oh no it doesn't!

I have read Orangey's posts, and I agree, she is more eloquent than you are, but she doesn't discredit function theory at any point.

Instead of knee-jerking off, why don't you apply your brain-power to constructing a convincing argument? I'm perfectly capable of being convinced, as are many of the other posters. You just need to try harder.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Oh no it doesn't!

I have read Orangey's posts, and I agree, she is more eloquent than you are, but she doesn't discredit function theory at any point.

Instead of knee-jerking off, why don't you apply your brain-power to constructing a convincing argument? I'm perfectly capable of being convinced, as are many of the other posters. You just need to try harder.
    That's the catch though, isn't it. You have the brain power to potentially understand it, but you don't understand it already, so I don't know what to say to convince you. I mean, I understood it before I even typed it out, so how can I come down out of the clouds to the ground, where you are standing? This perplexes me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

That's the catch though, isn't it. You have the brain power to potentially understand it, but you don't understand it already, so I don't know what to say to convince you. I mean, I understood it before I even typed it out, so how can I come down out of the clouds to the ground, where you are standing? This perplexes me.
    I understand all. Unlike some people I am capable of holding several conflicting concepts in my head at the same time, and looking at them from many different angles. Just because I don't believe it, doesn't mean I don't understand it.

In fact, I've even thought of a good argument to support your position, it occurred to me a couple of days ago. But I'm not going to give it to you, because you don't deserve it.

BTW, those aren't clouds. We call that fog.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

What's cool about this post is, I can move the quotes around to show how its wrong.
    Bullshit.

If it can't be explained by neuroscience at any point, then it is invalid. And you can't argue against conjecture when it's all you have. You're pulling the rug out from under your own feet!
    Bullshit.
    Lady, what the fuck are you talking about?
    When conjecture is all you've got, then you'd better damned argue the hell out of it. I don't know what the context of this argument is, but I can't picture even one scientific scenario where unchallenged conjecture is better than nothing. What if it's false? Then you've wasted a whole heap of time studying what can't be true.

Fallen Astrologists will tell you I'm right on that.
    If you can find yourself an INTJ who isn't too stubborn to confess, he'll tell you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissonance
    One thing I do agree with, though, is scrapping the separate functions for introversion/extroversion.
    You also link S/N T/F.

Why don't we just lump them all together and call it Ff?*
    Come on son -- We're referencing the fragments of behavior separate from all others. Thinking is not tied to feeling. Else we ought to just call it judgement. When we're talking about Thinking, we're talking about the part of judgement which is separate from emotive judgement.

By your mish-mash logic, Thinking is tied to sensing, since photons still go into the eyeballs and make electrical signals even while we're using Judging functions.

You and The Poriferan need to get off the soapbox about this linking and dependency bullery. We parse concepts for a reason.

*The reason we don't is the same reason cars don't say "engineengineengineengine" as they putt along, and a street light doesn't go "redredredredredred."
    we fukin won boys