User Tag List

First 273536373839 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Typically INTP of me, I've pondered this for years, have come to a conclusion, and I won't be persuaded that it's incorrect.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Right.
    Re: Quote: Exactly. The function system's perfectly logical to me, and anyone is welcome to use the system, or not use the system, but it's pointless to attempt to convince me it's flawed or less-than-useful. Because I don't find it so. I already use it for analysis, and have found it advantageous and superior to any other system.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Re: Quote: Exactly. The function system's perfectly logical to me, and anyone is welcome to use the system, or not use the system, but it's pointless to attempt to convince me it's flawed or less-than-useful. Because I don't find it so. I already use it for analysis, and have found it advantageous and superior to any other system.
    It is perfectly logical, I agree.

It just isn't as powerful as it could be.

I'm just trying to help here.

MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp

You've seemed... combative, not helpful. But, this is the internet... I guess it can do that to people.
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer

Banned
    MBTI
    type

It is perfectly logical, I agree.

It just isn't as powerful as it could be.

Well, we likely disagree on how it could be made more useful. Perhaps you mean by somehow further defining use of the reserve functions, and/or further defining the preferred object of the functions? That's all too variable in my observations.

Example: MBTT function theory doesn't specify Fi use for the INTP, thus leading many people to believe (And don't tell me it doesn't) that it's hardly used at all. Whereas even on the Cog Proc test, which I believe is flawed and was designed to test MBTI types as much as anything, myself and many others test higher in Fi than Fe. People get the idea that INTPs don't have values, and MBTT is therefore misleading.

This system is the antithesis of misleading. The Feeling function is called "reserve," which means it doesn't typically occupy the INTP's concentration, but it remains there, always.

MBTI
    INTP

It's just a matter of how much background info is needed to accurately assess people. I think you can't discredit how MBTT has helped you to a certain degree. I'm sure you've internalized some of that knowledge, at the very least I think you have to have a decent amount of psycho-analysis skills or psychology other than straight typology knowledge. If you look at MBTT by definition it should stand alone by itself.

I think your system affords a certain amount of freedom to those who are comfortable in there typing skills.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    It's just a matter of how much background info is needed to accurately assess people. I think you can't discredit how MBTT has helped you to a certain degree. I'm sure you've internalized some of that knowledge, at the very least I think you have to have a decent amount of psycho-analysis skills or psychology other than straight typology knowledge. If you look at MBTT by definition it should stand alone by itself.

I think your system affords a certain amount of freedom to those who are comfortable in there typing skills.
    I believe I've already stated that I think Jung "had the right idea" and "got it half right." And that Myers & Co.'s creation "Made sense" in spite of the errors in transcribing functions. It's all true. To improve and clarify as I've done hardly seems like a disadvantage to me.

MBTI
    INTP

It depends what approach you are coming at it from. For those who are looking at making your system widely accessible the question of how self contained it is has to be answered. I think that even with all the *errors* in MBTT you have to not discount the fact that MBTT was a learning experience for you personally.

You can learn a lot from your mistakes as a you alluded to in a number of your posts. If you give this system to someone who hasn't learned the same faults, and had the same extensive background that you did in typology, you can't discount the fact that you are privy to some unspoken or hidden knowledge that they may not necessarily be aware of.

I haven't read all of dissonance arguments but from the gist of his posts I think that's what hes getting at. Maybe your goal is making it accessible to those who have some knowledge of MBTT or psychology in general and can therefore utilize a streamlined (not necessarily worse) typology system that allows them ease of use, and better accuracy due to flexibility.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

its logical yes, i understand that, i just dont see the point considering its nothing new but i have stated that before so pardon this comment, i just wanted to follow that i understood how it generally worked
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    You can learn a lot from your mistakes as a you alluded to in a number of your posts. If you give this system to someone who hasn't learned the same faults, and had the same extensive background that you did in typology, you can't discount the fact that you are privy to some unspoken or hidden knowledge that they may not necessarily be aware of.
    The mistakes, if you can call them such, which I've made, are only related to my inability to write a book-length description of the entire concept. The foundation is sound.

I haven't read all of dissonance arguments but from the gist of his posts I think that's what hes getting at. Maybe your goal is making it accessible to those who have some knowledge of MBTT or psychology in general and can therefore utilize a streamlined (not necessarily worse) typology system that allows them ease of use, and better accuracy due to flexibility.
    You overestimate the scope of my goals. My goal is to be correct and efficient, and the burden is on the reader to make use of the system as I do. The burden to make this system accesible to the less-Intuition/Thinking inclined is on the burden of "I don't know who." I'm consistently unable to define abstract concepts in a way that makes them easily understood by everyone.

But you underestimate my recognition of the state of affairs. I know where everyone's coming from here, which only serves to reinforce my position. The opposing arguments are coming from places where logic flows like molasses.