User Tag List

First 263435363738 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Interesting. Quotes?

Otherwise I'll just assume I won this argument, since you haven't responded to the last few of my points.
    Oh, great. No, there was a good reason for that, and it was "Not cluttering up my thread with your illogical meanderings."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

True that. I'm always right!

/nocapszy

No but seriously...I think I have the same ego he does, I just don't put it on display... lol.
    wont save you from the people who like to loot things that are not on display
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'll recycle a statement I made elsewhere. "Some are skilled at analysis in spite of using MBTT functions. Terms are redefined to fit analyses." I think this applies to you. I also think you're still insisting on defining Intuition here as "Ne," which it isn't. It's a lot like Ne, and quite like Ni, but the definition here is simpler.
    simpler isn't always a good thing.
    also you dont have a definition.
    and im thinking intuition in terms of the temperaments not functions but as far as the functions go, there is a difference between Ne and Ni.
    also it has a little vibe of socionics (i know it was mentioned) but essentially its a simplified socionics imho

and i still dont get the system lol. as many times as ive looked at it, it still doesn't make (complete) sense.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Oh, great. No, there was a good reason for that, and it was "Not cluttering up my thread with your illogical meanderings."
    We'll never know if my "meanderings" were "illogical" unless you point out a logical inconsistency.

Otherwise, how about not cluttering up your own thread (and others) with assertions that aren't backed up?

If your system is so great, I'm sure it can withstand my arguments.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

yea the problem is only, once first have to break your arguements before someone gets the chance to enlighten you. At least it seems that way.

And I do not want to break you.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    simpler isn't always a good thing.
    also you dont have a definition.
    and im thinking intuition in terms of the temperaments not functions but as far as the functions go, there is a difference between Ne and Ni.
    also it has a little vibe of socionics (i know it was mentioned) but essentially its a simplified socionics imho

and i still dont get the system lol. as many times as ive looked at it, it still doesn't make (complete) sense.
    If you haven't gotten it by now, I don't think you ever will. Its logic is so clear to me that I have no idea how better to explain it, and Orangey has done a far better job, even.

We'll never know if my "meanderings" were "illogical" unless you point out a logical inconsistency.

Otherwise, how about not cluttering up your own thread (and others) with assertions that aren't backed up?

If your system is so great, I'm sure it can withstand my arguments.
    Well, your first comments were like "Good idea removing the e/i distinction in functions." And your last comments were more like "The functions are fine the way Jung wrote them." So I don't even know where you'll stand tomorrow.

But we don't have to go on and on about it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Well, your first comments were like "Good idea removing the e/i distinction in functions." And your last comments were more like "The functions are fine the way Jung wrote them." So I don't even know where you'll stand tomorrow.

But we don't have to go on and on about it.
    I said

One thing I do agree with, though, is scrapping the separate functions for introversion/extroversion.
    I didn't mean that the data from introversion/extroversion of a function should be thrown out. I meant that thinking of Te and Ti as distinct and separate functions is misleading.

Which is what I explicitly said in my next post:

I like the idea of not having separate functions for introversion/extroversion; I think introversion/extroversion of a function should be thought of as a spectrum, not an either/or. The rest of it seems to suggest that you just don't understand the whole of function theory...
    The functions are NOT fine the way Jung wrote them. But there is validity in his idea. Each function should have a spectrum value of introversion/extroversion instead of a binary value. That is all, and I've been quite clear and consistent throughout the thread.

Your system throws out introversion/extroversion of functions entirely, which means instead of enhancing the grey-ness of the data, you just scrap it. A pointless move, since all you are doing is making a system that at its best describes significantly less than even the unchanged MBTI.

My idea adds to the already existing MBTI structure instead of subtracting.

If you keep deliberately misunderstanding or ignoring me, you're just proving your lack of knowledge and openness.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

If you keep deliberately misunderstanding or ignoring me, you're just proving your lack of knowledge and openness.
    I have increased the accuracy of your statement.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I have increased the accuracy of your statement.
    Fine, ignore one of the 2-3 people in this thread with the knowledge to accurately assess your system.

I can't think of a reason for ignoring me except that you can't defend yourself against my points. If you could, it would only strengthen your position.

You understand that this is a forum, right? It's about getting feedback. If you ignore all negative feedback, then the forum just acts as a validation tool instead of a place to discuss ideas.

Sad that you need validation like this. Reminds me of a first grader. Aren't you like 8 years older than I am?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Fine, ignore one of the 2-3 people in this thread with the knowledge to accurately assess your system.

I can't think of a reason for ignoring me except that you can't defend yourself against my points. If you could, it would only strengthen your position.

You understand that this is a forum, right? It's about getting feedback. If you ignore all negative feedback, then the forum just acts as a validation tool instead of a place to discuss ideas.

Sad that you need validation like this. Reminds me of a first grader.
    You have no idea. I put a lot of effort into discussing this with you, and it went NOWHERE. We don't see eye to eye. I gave up for that reason. We have nothing more to discuss regarding this issue.