User Tag List

First 253334353637 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

How is that conjecture? Looks like a hypothesis supported by evidence to me.

It's scientific fact that regions of the brain are/become highly specialized for specific tasks. You're not seriously debating that are you? Everything else is conjecture, including your system. Personality differences ARE brain differences. The answers lie in neuroscience.

But you have already indicated that you aren't open to reason on this. Your mind is made up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    How is that conjecture? Looks like a hypothesis supported by evidence to me.
    Applying a conjecture-based system to incomplete neuroscience is exactly conjecture.

It's scientific fact that regions of the brain are/become highly specialized for specific tasks. You're not seriously debating that are you? Everything else is conjecture, including your system. Personality differences ARE brain differences. The answers lie in neuroscience.
    Everything is brain difference. Your opinion is brain difference. Can be explained by neuroscience doesn't mean is explained by neuroscience. This sytem is psychological, not neurological. It works at what it does.

But you have already indicated that you aren't open to reason on this. Your mind is made up.
    What I'm not open to, I wouldn't define as "reason."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

God! I hate you, hate you, HATE YOU!
    I had to look back through this whole @#$%!#Q$^@#$^ thread to find this:

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Typically INTP of me, I've pondered this for years, have come to a conclusion, and I won't be persuaded that it's incorrect. You do have the right to think it's wrong, of course.
    Applying a conjecture-based system to incomplete neuroscience is exactly conjecture.

Everything is brain difference. Your opinion is brain difference. Can be explained by neuroscience doesn't mean is explained by neuroscience. This sytem is psychological, not neurological. It works at what it does.

What I'm not open to, I wouldn't define as "reason."
    Bullshit. If it can't be explained by neuroscience at any point, then it is invalid. And you can't argue against conjecture when it's all you have. You're pulling the rug out from under your own feet!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

God! I hate you, hate you, HATE YOU!
    I had to look back through this whole @#$%!#Q$^@#$^ thread to find this:
    LOL

Bullshit. If it can't be explained by neuroscience at any point, then it is invalid. And you can't argue against conjecture when it's all you have. You're pulling the rug out from under your own feet!
    I hypothesize that it may well be explained by neuroscience at some point, but to say it all is today isn't true. Not only that, but this system can peacefully coexist with any neurological findings.

I wouldn't say this system is fundamentally conjecture, but the concept is unavoidable. It's descriptive, and allows for the unavoidable flexibility within types and individuals. The difference between MBTI and this is the lack of at least sometimes false conclusions based on theoretical extrapolation here.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

The difference between MBTI and this is the lack of at least sometimes false conclusions based on theoretical extrapolation here.
    So your 'system', in addition to being all kinds of excellent, and simplicity itself is now also infallible?

Earth to Planet Deluded, come in Jack!

MBTI
    INTP

You two still fighting. I swear your like a...
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

So your 'system', in addition to being all kinds of excellent, and simplicity itself is now also infallible?

Earth to Planet Deluded, come in Jack!
    It takes the usually obvious, such as preference for T or F, P or J, etc., and redefines it as a basic function order. As defined, there really can be no flaw. The only perceived error in yours or anyone else's observation is lack of specificity, but when this specificity is defined clearly, you end up saying shit which isn't always true.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

dissonance: It seems that your arguments against the new system are shifting over time, leading you to take mutually exclusive positions.
    Interesting. Quotes?

Otherwise I'll just assume I won this argument, since you haven't responded to the last few of my points.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Interesting. Quotes?

Otherwise I'll just assume I won this argument, since you haven't responded to the last few of my points.
    you are the winner of any arguement, chief
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    you are the winner of any arguement, chief
    True that. I'm always right!

/nocapszy

No but seriously...I think I have the same ego he does, I just don't put it on display... lol.