User Tag List

First 202829303132 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Jackie, this system has gone from reparable to ruined.
    It's working for me.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Of course it's working for you.
    You're a compulsive liar.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Basically, noticing things is Intuition, while generating a hunch is usually Thinking. They work together, always.
    LOL.. What does "noticing" mean? (Sorry, I study cognitive science...and you aren't gonna win this one)

And why should "generating" anything be attributed to thinking? Thinking just labels things with "true" or "false".

Yes, intuition and thinking always work together. All four functions always work together. I don't see how that's relevant.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    -.-

some days are better than other days
    Were you expecting, "Jack vs. Locke, rivals 4eva?"
    I want something much more different
    Not these factories or prisons
    I wish that the Earth was green again
    I wish I had a gun in my hand

--Blackbird Raum

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

And why should "generating" anything be attributed to thinking? Thinking just labels things with "true" or "false".
    Well sort of...
    True and False comes from deciding, by logic, what to believe.

Yes, intuition and thinking always work together. All four functions always work together.
    Can. Not do.
    I don't see how that's relevant.
    His whole system is out of whack. It could have been repaired before he started this flippancy about Thinking doing... well, basically doing the job of a Perceiving function.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Well sort of...
    True and False comes from deciding, by logic, what to believe.
    All I mean is that the only new stuff T generates is "true" or "false". Definitely not hunches.

Can. Not do.
    They DO work together. Whether or not they work well together is a different question.

His whole system is out of whack. It could have been repaired before he started this flippancy about Thinking doing... well, basically doing the job of a Perceiving function.
    Heh yeah. Maybe he should use different words. Thinking Feeling Sensing and Intuition already have definitions...

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Dis
    The first quote
    Okay. And you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    They DO work together. Whether or not they work well together is a different question.
    No seriously... they don't.

What makes you think so?

That thing about F motivating T?
    T helping plan a surprise party because F wants it to happen?

That one doesn't fly -- Not as an absolute.
    Both of those examples might take place, but they don't have to.

T makes a decision to do something, T will make sure it gets done. It doesn't need to be lifted up. It's a decision.
    You can have made a decision by T and still go through with it even if your Feeling tells you not to, or even if you'd never really known how the Feel about it.

I know, 'cause I've done it.
    It's usually called being stubborn, but that's a bunch of shit.

That is definitively incorrect.

All motive to do something is based on some underlying concept of a desire for something good over something bad. In this case, good and bad can be meant in a very visceral sense, as well as a lofty moral sense. These feelings of good and bad, and these desires and aversions, are aspects of Feeling. Like how Jung said that Thinking determines what something is, Feelings determines whether or not it is agreable.

Now, since anything we do is motivated by these Feeling related aspect, then every person's actions actually involve a collaboration of Thinking and Feeling. When he is describing what some call stubborness, Nocapszy is incorrectly labeling a clash of two seperate Feeling values as a clash between Thinking and Feeling.

The Poriferan doesn't know enough about typology to know whether what he's saying is true or even plausible.

Thinking is not married to, nor is it the opposition of Feeling. Thinking is not simply a true or false metric.
    Ask Jennifer. She knows this shit better than you or I.
    Especially The Poriferan.
    Or better yet -- read a damned book.
    My recommendation is Lenore Thompson.

My energy will not be further wasted on The Poriferan's posts concerning the subject of typology.

The Poriferan doesn't know enough about typology to know whether what he's saying is true or even plausible.

Thinking is not married to, nor is it the opposition of Feeling. Thinking is not simply a true or false metric.
    Especially you.
    Some defining and validating of terms is what this requires.

My energy will not be further wasted on The Poriferan's posts concerning the subject of typology.
    If he lives up to this claim, I can finally correct his bullshit without him getting in the way.

Have a breathmint... ugh...
    Last edited by MacGuffin; 11-07-2008 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Merging 5 post(s)
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Especially The Poriferan.
    Or better yet -- read a damned book.
    My recommendation is Lenore Thompson.

I think of Thinking and Feeling as parsing the information from perception. Feeling does the first sweep and Thinking goes from there.

MBTI
    INTP

I think this discussions scope is far greater than that of MBTT and requires a lot more information and context than we can necessarily cover and come to a realistic conclusion on.

I think the terms (and the extension in terms of applicability and interaction) as presently stated are too vague and need to be more rigorously defined based on just what it is we are trying to prove.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    I think of Thinking and Feeling as parsing the information from perception. Feeling does the first sweep and Thinking goes from there.
    Hmm. Interesting. I don't think I can fish up my source at the moment, but I do believe that Jung described an order to these thing as well, but he said Thinking went before Feeling.
    Go to sleep, iguana.