User Tag List

First 15232425262735 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'm not sure I get what is so different in your system, Flak. Apart from the merging of Xe and Xi, that is. My point being there isn't much to disagree with, apart from that (possibly).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Is there a refined version, or is the OP how this system still stands?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    I say if you are really confident about this system then present it to INTPc
    I might do that. I won't stick around to defend it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    I have nothing interesting to add, but I think it's a good new perspective. It makes sense to me.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Is there a refined version, or is the OP how this system still stands?
    It's been discussed and clarified in this thread. That's about all I can say. I'm not a good writer.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    But isn't that precisely what he is addressing?

Who's to say that having two poles to each function is necessarily true, or better, or more useful? I don't personally think that it corresponds to reality to any greater degree than any other system (socionics, this one, Keirsey), and I find that it's certainly not helpful in terms of clarifying one's own type, or determining the types of others.

Your criticism seems to boil down to this: that jack's 'system' doesn't have introverted/extroverted functions like MBTI, therefore it is not any good.
    My criticism is that Jack's system is equivalent to MBTI in every way except function direction.

The system is literally MBTI - function direction. I don't see why you'd trade MBTI for MBTI minus something when MBTI works fine.

Maybe not everyone can figure out how to make sense of the direction of functions, but I can. I see no reason to throw that away; it's not like Jack's system offers anything new...

To say that the N of NJs and NPs is the same is definitely missing something. And come on; Fe vs. Fi is just obvious -- and useful too.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    My criticism is that Jack's system is equivalent to MBTI in every way except function direction. The system is literally MBTI - function direction. I don't see why you'd trade MBTI for MBTI minus something when MBTI works fine.
    No, it also reprioritizes J and P for introverts, and of course I think it makes more sense. It's (Jung+MBTT+Socionics)/6+Modifications.

Maybe not everyone can figure out how to make sense of the direction of functions, but I can. I see no reason to throw that away; it's not like Jack's system offers anything new...
    I've found that my analysis technique has coalesced into something more effective than it ever was before, using my function system. Ymmv.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    My criticism is that Jack's system is equivalent to MBTI in every way except function direction.

The system is literally MBTI - function direction. I don't see why you'd trade MBTI for MBTI minus something when MBTI works fine.

To say that the N of NJs and NPs is the same is definitely missing something. And come on; Fe vs. Fi is just obvious -- and useful too.
    thats what i was saying but im half retarded.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    thats what i was saying but im half retarded.
    Look at the value assignment operation of an ExFJ, though. In my analysis, I've observed just as much use of "Fi" as "Fe" in just about any decision.

Please consider this.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

^Lol it's quite clear you don't understand the functions at all. You think you do, but your understanding is flawed, so it makes sense that you reject them. But you are just wrong, unfortunately.

The real problem is that 95% of the information about functions (especially what people talk about here) is complete crap. It's not really your fault that you haven't gotten good information I guess...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

according to traditional function theory an EXFJ only uses Fe consciously. for the sake of argument lets assume your right, what does almost equal use of Fi as Fe imply exactly?

The real problem is that 95% of the information about functions (especially what people talk about here) is complete crap. It's not really your fault that you haven't gotten good information I guess...
    win!
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Internal values of what's right and wrong. Prevalent in all Feeling Primaries.