User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post

I've done that. The question is, what makes MBTI function theory, or Socionics function theory, or Jungian type theory superior to this? Nothing.
    Have you?
    In fact, I have my doubts about what gears you have running here.
    Size and such are a concern.

It stresses needless labor on the user.

On the other hand, it distracts attention away from the less prevalent factors.
    Hence my general approval.
    we fukin won boys

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Hence my general approval.
    It is appreciated, I assure you.

MBTI
    ENTP

What am I saying?

Come on boy. You can piece it together.
    we fukin won boys

Banned
    MBTI
    type

What am I saying? Come on boy. You can piece it together.
    I have theories, but knowing your relentless enthusiasm for combat, I shant share them readily.

MBTI
    ENTP

Why? Afeared of humiliation?

I like your idea, son.
    I'm trying to get you to polish the rough edges.

And there's that one nasty spot over to the left, that's been staring me down all day. I just can't stand it!
    we fukin won boys

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Why? Afeared of humiliation?
    It's not that. I'm rather resilient. It's the treble, I think.
    I like your idea, son.
    I'm trying to get you to polish the rough edges.
    One of the more prominent theories. Thanks.

And there's that one nasty spot over to the left, that's been staring me down all day. I just can't stand it!
    This, however, I have no theories on. Perhaps you could enlighten me, or perhaps Orangey could handle it for me.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well this is boring.

The point is, you're doing this, is useless.
    In its current form, it has no advantage over the MBTI, but it does stress needless effort on the user. MBTI stores more in the system, which requires less of the calculating propounder.

However, in so doing, you distract attention away from the nasty bugger that is the "X-dom" tag.
    This is what I approve of.

What you do appropriately addresses the fact that I and E has very little bearing on whether Thinking and Intuiting are strong or weak, respectively, in the NTPs. Extrapolate that for all the types.
    What you do strains the user into memorizing the attitude (I do hope you've not thrown these factors out) of the functions. The extra effort is not without compensation though.

BlueWing will have my head for this*, but Introversion and Extraversion have very little bearing on type itself, but immense impact on the individual functions.

* I don't care. I'm right.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I sense a glimpse of insight on what you are talking about
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Well this is boring.
    That's your extroversion talking.

The point is, you're doing this, is useless.
    In its current form, it has no advantage over the MBTI, but it does stress needless effort on the user. MBTI stores more in the system, which requires less of the calculating propounder.
    I understand the viewpoint. The important difference is that this isn't wrong. It's my opinion that it's better to lack information than have the wrong information, and anyone who agrees is welcome to use this system.
    I and E has very little bearing on whether Thinking and Intuiting are strong or weak, respectively, in the NTPs. Extrapolate that for all the types.
    Agreed. It's something which affected my construction of the theory, if that's not obvious.

However, yours strains the user into memorizing the attitude (I do hope you've not thrown these factors out) of the functions.
    It can, yes. Functions can be directed, yes, and I've left that out. My reasoning? Simplicity, and incredible difficulty in defining the difference for anyone but an expert. Even by experts, the descriptions of directed functions are less than completely accurate. To define them is to err.

BlueWing will have my head for this, but Introversion and Extraversion have very little bearing on type itself, but immense impact on the individual functions.
    I/E does affect the typical direction, yes. It's why I've featured I/E but left the connection vague. I refer people to descriptions of the individual types for the understanding they seek.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I/E does affect the typical direction, yes. It's why I've featured I/E but left the connection vague. I refer people to descriptions of the individual types for the understanding they seek.
    Could you please give us type descriptions, then?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge