7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post

ISFP:

Introverted.
    Primary function: Sensing
    Support function: Feeling
    I kinda think neither is primary or support, they seem to act in tandem more like. Sensofeeling or Feelosensing. But it's just living to me, so it's hard to me to functionalize it. Before I've kinda described it as Feeling acts as a filter on sensing, at least the value part of feeling.

Yeah, I'm just babbling.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don't like it. It's too simple.

How does your system account for an Introvert's capacity for extroversion and vice versa?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I don't like it. It's too simple.

How does your system account for an Introvert's capacity for extroversion and vice versa?
    Well, to argue that I could say that all Introverts and Extroverts (Who are otherwise similar) in the system have identical Primary and Support functions.

It's simple because it's supposed to be simple. That which isn't accounted for, well, to try to pin it down requires the conjecture I dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I kinda think neither is primary or support, they seem to act in tandem more like. Sensofeeling or Feelosensing. But it's just living to me, so it's hard to me to functionalize it. Before I've kinda described it as Feeling acts as a filter on sensing, at least the value part of feeling.

Yeah, I'm just babbling.
    You've basically nailed it, but you don't know it. *gold star*

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    So, Socionics. Minus facial recognition.
    In a word: No.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I like this. In fact, I like it a lot. You explained yourself pretty good, but please elaborate.
    You make my brain horny.
    I would prefer answering specific questions, if you have any. Saves the effort and grief of Thinking, while I would prefer to perceive with Intuition.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Why is it different from how Socionics views ordering, then?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

So you're switching so the last letter always points to the dominant?

I actually have given a lot of thought to whether Ne and Ni, for example, are really different functions or if I'm just used to using my Intuition in my internal world and have to give myself a kick-start to interact with others. It isn't Ne that's difficult but E. Danged people keep talking and interrupting my stream of thought...
    edcoaching

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Why is it different from how Socionics views ordering, then?
    Socionics doesn't combine the functions as I do. This is enough to make it "Not Socionics."
    Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    So you're switching so the last letter always points to the dominant?
    Yes, and it makes sense to me. Perceivers spend more time Perceiving than Judging, do they not?

I actually have given a lot of thought to whether Ne and Ni, for example, are really different functions or if I'm just used to using my Intuition in my internal world and have to give myself a kick-start to interact with others. It isn't Ne that's difficult but E. Danged people keep talking and interrupting my stream of thought...
    I understand. I don't believe they are separate functions.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Socionics doesn't combine the functions as I do. This is enough to make it "Not Socionics."
    Actually Socionics defines the functions a bit differently than MBTI... but this still sorts in somewhat the same way.

So I'd say that this is in fact the bastard child of Socionics and MBTI. What about you?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Actually Socionics defines the functions a bit differently than MBTI... but this still sorts in somewhat the same way.

So I'd say that this is in fact the bastard child of Socionics and MBTI. What about you?
    It is, and some things are simplified or removed for the sake of "not getting ahead of ourselves."

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Well I warn you, Bluewing is going to make some noise in this thread. He loves the introversion extraversion spectrum.
    If you are familiar with MBTI functions, please consider the extraverted and introverted components of a function to be combined into one function, for the purposes of this theory. For example, Ni and Ne are combined into Intuition.
    The most relevant mechanism is accounted for.
    Its attitude matters far less, but as long as you're going to still mention introversion and extraversion, it may as well be used in direct pertinence to the functions.
    we fukin won boys

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Well I warn you, Bluewing is going to make some noise in this thread. He loves the introversion extraversion spectrum.
    The most relevant mechanism is accounted for.
    BlueWing's religious devotion to MBTI function theory was the impetus for defining my assessment of the theory in this thread. I would not be surprised.
    Its attitude matters far less, but as long as you're going to still mention introversion and extraversion, it may as well be used in direct pertinence to the functions.
    There is, of course, a very significant effect on the psyche from being Introverted or Extroverted, but I don't believe it's tied specifically to function direction. Not by definition. Introverts contemplate solo more often. That's what makes them introverted, and that's why I didn't remove E/I from the system, and even accentuated it.