User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    This is why INTPs are very reluctant to enter unpredictable social situations. Our Ti preference is so strong we feel that we must understand the rules of the situation before we even partake in it. ENTPs have so much less trouble with this.
    It's much simpler and less far-reaching to attribuite the INTPs, well, introversion to, well, being introverted, than to an invented concept like Ti.

Orangey: Exactly.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Introversion/Extroversion is included in the type descriptions in the system, because it affects how people operate. There is no problem with consistency. The descriptions are accurate.
    I was talking about introversion and extroversion in function direction (Ti, Te), not introversion/extroversion themselves. I agree.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I was talking about introversion and extroversion in function direction (Ti, Te), not introversion/extroversion themselves. I agree.
    I'm sorry, I didn't even see that you posted. I thought zago added that to his post! I completely agree with you.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Jack, the only thing that's holding this thing back from being great is your insistence on saying that it's a 'better' version of MBTI.

Set the system free. Don't make it live up to something that it can't. It can stand on its own merit, if it had any in the first place.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP

It's much simpler and less far-reaching to attribuite the INTPs, well, introversion to, well, being introverted, than to an invented concept like Ti.

Introversion/Extroversion is included in the type descriptions in the system, because it affects how people operate. There is no problem with consistency. The descriptions are accurate.
    Introversion is an invented concept as well. And I think there are different kinds of introverts. ISFJs, for example, are introverted but also very people-oriented. I think it helps explain the introversion of INTPs that their predominant value is Ti. Our actions are based on our values; introversion doesn't just happen apart from thinking and intuition.

Also, what about the marked difference between Ti and Te, for instance? Te is a function I understand very well, but clearly don't rely on. Ti and Te are in strict opposition to one another, in fact. The former is all about natural law, the latter man-made law.

Overall I don't think the 8 functions are too complicated or far reaching. Sure, it can be done differently, but I think Jung works pretty well.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

"Lady you are not very nice "

[YOUTUBE="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uq_k95ugQoE"]Hank[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Hey Jackie,

Why are you doing this?

--Nocap

P.S.
    For further insight to this question, I redirect you to my earlier post, which I have quoted below.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Jackie, I am inspired!
    I'm going to make my own typing system using runes to explain functions and write everything in ASCII binary.

It'll all be the same, just like yours, it'll just be explained differently.

Pardon my absence for the next few minutes while I work on it.
    I'll post it then.
    we fukin won boys

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Introversion is an invented concept as well.
    News in Science - Brain activity indicates introverts or extroverts - 06/04/1999

And I think there are different kinds of introverts. ISFJs, for example, are introverted but also very people-oriented. I think it helps explain the introversion of INTPs that their predominant value is Ti. Our actions are based on our values; introversion doesn't just happen apart from thinking and intuition.
    There are eight kinds of introverts, type wise. ISFJs are very people oriented because first of all, they're ISFJ, and what that entails. See type descriptions. Secondly, they are Feeling Primary in my system. It works.

Also, what about the marked difference between Ti and Te, for instance? Te is a function I understand very well, but clearly don't rely on. Ti and Te are in strict opposition to one another, in fact. The former is all about natural law, the latter man-made law.
    Your seemingly "Introverted Thinking" is the result of the interplay of Introversion and Thinking. It's beautifully simple.

Overall I don't think the 8 functions are too complicated or far reaching. Sure, it can be done differently, but I think Jung works pretty well.
    In my experience, they actually provide for more confusion than they remove. Just take a look at this forum. There are countless threads in which members are confused about them. They are also fundamentally incorrect, to a degree. The only reason to continue using them is habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Why are you doing this?
    The pursuit of truth and excellence?

MBTI
    INTJ

Are all SJs feeling primary in your system?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

ISTJ:

Introverted.
    Primary function: Thinking
    Support function: Sensing

ESTJ:

Extroverted.
    Primary function: Thinking
    Support function: Sensing
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Are all SJs feeling primary in your system?
    ??
    we fukin won boys