User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Well, I think that this system at least provides a more useful heuristic for typing other people based on their observable behavior. There was too much ambiguity in the definitions for the introverted and extroverted functions to begin with, and this clears up some of the contradictions between the function theory and the type descriptions that tended to bother me.

For example, the type descriptions of INTJ tend to focus on how well they are able to make decisions and formulate contingency plans using the information at hand, yet states later that their dominant function is intuition (a perceiving, not decision making function). And INTP's usually get a more "indecisive" treatment in the descriptions, yet are assigned thinking, a decision making function, as their dominant function. Plus there was usually disagreement (on this board as well as others) on what behaviors or thoughts or feelings counted as the "introverted" or "extroverted" type, and a lot of the time they could be either, or the difference simply is not clear.
    Yes, exactly. Thank you for being a better writer than I am. If you would like to write a small book with my cooperation, we'll split the profits.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You've been indoctrinated, and I'm sorry. It's extremely difficult for a Thinking Primary to change well-established notions in their minds. I recommend that you ponder my system at a distance, occasionally, for a few weeks, and see what you think then.
    You've made something that's able to be decided by observable, objective criteria.

In some ways, that's better than MBTI. Congratufuckinglations.

But it is still not MBTI, and without serious alterations, it never will be.

Oh yeah. And today, I'm an ISTP.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ouh leave the avatar one, it was great @hap
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    You've made something that's able to be decided by observable, objective criteria......
    That was real advice I gave you about pondering it at a distance. You wouldn't accept this today if it made more sense than anything in the world. But thanks for the accolades.

I never said it was MBTI. It's a hybrid/evolution. I've kept the same type names, because all (read: most) of the descriptions of types out there still apply, and because we already know our types.

MBTI
    ENFJ

That was real advice I gave you about pondering it at a distance. You wouldn't accept this today if it made more sense than anything in the world. But thanks for the accolades.

I never said it was MBTI. It's a hybrid/evolution.
    An evolution, eh?

This is too new to be called 'evolution.' You're jumping the gun. As of now, it's a simple mutation.

May you learn the terrors of natural selection.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Sorry Jack, I agree with Hap. This isn't MBTI.

It might work (aka it may be internally consistent), but who cares? It doesn't accurately correlate to MBTI type.

I've come up with my own way of making sense of function order that doesn't ask everyone else to change their type, so I'll stick with that.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Sorry Jack, I agree with Hap. This isn't MBTI.

It might work (aka it may be internally consistent), but who cares? It doesn't accurately correlate to MBTI type.

I've come up with my own way of making sense of function order that doesn't ask everyone else to change their type, so I'll stick with that.
    I've already told you it requires no one to change their type. You don't need to repeat yourself. It's a different way of looking at mental processes which includes changing the definitions of functions. Don't overlook that.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

I think that's a cool Chart. I mean it comes in freaking handy, especially for Noobs like me who can't EXACTLY tell what Type is how yet (didn't look into it too much yet, only in mine for now).

So I would be:
    INTJ
    Introverted.
    Primary function: Thinking
    Support function: Intuition

Okay, I am a weird INTJ anyways so...sometimes more and sometimes less "introverted" but other then that...great Thing. Thanks Jack!
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I've already told you it requires no one to change their type. You don't need to repeat yourself. It's a different way of looking at mental processes which includes changing the definitions of functions. Don't overlook that.
    You're wrong. Any introvert that's typed themselves by function order will have their J and P backwards in your system.

I get that you've changed the definitions of the functions, which just means you're confusing the shit out of everyone. When you say "intuition", it doesn't mean the same thing as when I say intuition.

And when you say INFJ you mean something entirely different from me when I say INFJ. This is why your system is pointless. It would be one thing if you completely redefined functions using words and letters that don't occur in MBTI and made up an entirely new system. But you can't expect everyone to magically change all of the definitions in their heads which correspond to an already consistent system.

MBTI works fine (as long as you leave a little more room for function order past the dominant). Your system might work fine too, but it describes less, which means it's less powerful. Why would anyone drop a powerful and working system for a less powerful and novel system?

You can keep saying over and over that you don't think people should change their type, but that doesn't make any sense. I am an INFJ because I am an Ni dominant and use Fe/Ti over Te/Fi. Those are the only reasons I'm an INFJ. If you define a new system, then I have to type myself within that system. Why would you expect everything to magically shift from one system to another?

In order to defend the stance that your system doesn't ask people to change types, you must come up with a way of explaining why someone who would type themselves as INFJ in MBTI via dominant function and direction of judgment would type themselves as INFJ in your system.

And you really can't do that. So you're asking people to change types.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    You're wrong. Any introvert that's typed themselves by function order will have their J and P backwards in your system.
    They may or may not have typed themselves incorrectly, considering how silly MBTI functions are.

I get that you've changed the definitions of the functions, which just means you're confusing the shit out of everyone. When you say "intuition", it doesn't mean the same thing as when I say intuition.
    That's like saying Galileo was confusing the shit out of everyone. They threw him in jail for it, in fact.

--

You use Ni the way Jung defined it, which is a horrible way to define it. It's not Perception, the way he defined it. It's that simple.