User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It describes mental process differences more accurately.

It cleans up J/P confusion, and brilliantly, if I may say so.

It allows credit to be given to people for what they are actually thinking or feeling, and how, instead of forcing something like "Fi" or "Fe," which rarely fit well to what's actually going on in their heads.

And it's a far better typing tool, if understood. It would make me so happy if you just "pretended" it's accurate, and analyzed people of known and unknown type, to see what you think.
    there is not J/P confusion.

write a tutorial or profile for your system and ill be completely convinced.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFJ

A problem I see is that you go ahead and use a very objective and precise way of defining this stuff, which is 'time using a process'.

Which makes it a hundred times more variable. Someone could be an INTJ one day, INTP the next, ISTP another, and INFJ another... and so what, you have to choose by which one has the most time, even if they are all reasonably equal?

This system is completely different from MBTI and cannot be considered the same thing. It's about as close as socionics is -- and many people have different socionics and MBTI types.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    write a tutorial or profile for your system and ill be completely convinced.
    That's tough. I'm no "writer." In short:

If a person seems to usually be focused on their environment in some way, they could be Sensing Primary.

If a person seems to occupy themselves with noticing things which may not be obvious, they could be Intuition Primary.

If a person seems to often rely on what they already know to make easy decisions regarding impersonal matters, they could be Thinking Primary.

If a person seems to often make easy decisions using their emotions (such that an action is morally wrong or right, for example), they could be Feeling Primary.

"More than the other three" is key, of course. If the Primary function is determined with confidence, apply the format again to possibly determine the Support function--Though you'll be choosing only between the two Functions of either Perceiving or Judging nature, the opposite of the Primary function, naturally.

And, of course, it should ideally be used in cooperation with whatever other effective methods you have at your disposal.

There is a great deal of information out there on the difference between introverts and extroverts, so I won't get into how to differentiate them here.
    Last edited by Jack Flak; 11-05-2008 at 06:30 PM.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I guess you are lacking the thrill in the system @Jack.

If you have something like "your fourth function is Introverted Sensing" it will pick on peoples imagination and I guess especially Feeling types will try to sort their unknown habits into the system and then feel more identified after.

Your system is a short and clean one and I like it, because it leaves room for imagination and solves the conflict between understanding something like Introverted or Extroverted Intuition. But it lacks mystery and mystery sells best.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler" ~ most famous INTP of all.
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking.
    *eats moar apple* Yes, I see you're using what you already know to make snap decisions regarding impersonal subjects such as my function system.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    *eats moar apple* Yes, I see you're using what you already know to make snap decisions regarding impersonal subjects such as my function system.
    But MBTI function order has nothing to do with the reason why you 'created' your system. MBTI function order was to create an archetype of what a function is to a person, not how often they use it. In fact, if I'd have to guess, 2nd function would be the least important or noticed function to that person, especially for extreme introverts/extroverts. Second function is the function of choice that the person usually uses to confront the 'world' (introverted or extroverted) that they are less comfortable with. Because you get rid of the dimension of introversion and extroversion, you completely scrap this idea, and create a system that is extremely fluid and can change as often as the status on one's facebook.

If this is what you wanted to create, then that's fine, but a 'simpler, better' version of MBTI, this certainly is not.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

boooooooooring
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Well, I think that this system at least provides a more useful heuristic for typing other people based on their observable behavior. There was too much ambiguity in the definitions for the introverted and extroverted functions to begin with, and this clears up some of the contradictions between the function theory and the type descriptions that tended to bother me.

For example, the type descriptions of INTJ tend to focus on how well they are able to make decisions and formulate contingency plans using the information at hand, yet states later that their dominant function is intuition (a perceiving, not decision making function). And INTP's usually get a more "indecisive" treatment in the descriptions, yet are assigned thinking, a decision making function, as their dominant function. Plus there was usually disagreement (on this board as well as others) on what behaviors or thoughts or feelings counted as the "introverted" or "extroverted" type, and a lot of the time they could be either, or the difference simply is not clear.

Edit: I also think that this clears up the ambiguity of Fi and Ti especially, since they are usually treated as more "mystical" versions of the extroverted kind. By making intuition the dominant function for certain types (I am thinking mostly of INFP, INTP, ENTP, and ENFP), this allows thinking and feeling to be collapsed (in terms of introverted and extroverted) but still accounts for the wishy-washy-ness usually ascribed to the decision making functions of the types in parenthesis.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    But MBTI function order has nothing to do with .......
    You've been indoctrinated, and I'm sorry. It's extremely difficult for a Thinking Primary to change well-established notions in their minds. I recommend that you ponder my system at a distance, occasionally, for a few weeks, and see what you think then.