User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I didn't say it was perfect. There is a lot of work to be done. But you are rejecting the fundamentals upon which it is built - that is the framework.
    Only some of them. The way I see it, the traditional sixteen type division is successful. It had to make good sense for Myers to release it, and it did. Some of the theory that went into it was erroneous and ill-defined. That's only important if people have ultimate faith in it. They shouldn't.

You keep functions in your 'system' because people don't want to live without them? I'm applying for your INTP membership card to be withdrawn.
    NO YOURS. I find incorrectness to be supremely annoying, thus I prefer people to be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    No looks quite nice. Makes the whole thing simpler and less open to speculation
    Thank you! A little appreciation goes a long way.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    NO YOURS. I find incorrectness to be supremely annoying, thus I prefer people to be correct.
    I don't care whether people are correct or not - if everyone was correct, I'd have no-one to argue with - but I do like them to be rational.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Yes, I humble myself before your prodigious intuitive capacity, however I pride myself in the tower of Thinking I loom over you.
    we fukin won boys

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Yes, I humble myself before your prodigious intuitive capacity, however I pride myself in the tower of Thinking I loom over you.
    I see our towers as relatively equal in height, but if you do not, well, that's something to be happy about.

Though I post mainly to say I've slightly altered the wording of the OP, and may continue to do so as long as my Edit clock is running.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

DUDE, I know. And they'll be better off if they type themselves with this function order. No one save for maybe locke has brought up anything I haven't considered, and rejected or accepted.

You're showing just how INFJ you are in my system. Note: I do not think it is a bad thing to be INFJ. Your Feeling judgments are occupying more of your concentration than your Intuition is.

That's one way to put it, but I just consider the application. For example, Thinking is a tool which can be used on a variety of things.

NO U. But I really do, as well as almost anyone. Well enough to find flaws.
    Whether you like it or not, your saying 1 of 2 things: either you want all introverts to switch J and P, or you're saying that their MBTI type is wrong in the original system but works in yours.

If you're an INTP in this system, you're either ENTP or INTJ in MBTI. A TYPE IN MBTI IS DETERMINED BY FUNCTION ORDER, NOT VICE VERSA!

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I see our towers as relatively equal in height, but if you do not, well, that's something to be happy about.

Though I post mainly to say I've slightly altered the wording of the OP, and may continue to do so as long as my Edit clock is running.
    Impossible that INTP could be superior in both Thinking and Intuition where ENTP cannot.

Besides, in real life (outside of TypeTastic-HaHa!Land) I trump you and everyone on this forum in both respects.
    we fukin won boys

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Whether you like it or not, your saying 1 of 2 things: either you want all introverts to switch J and P, or you're saying that their MBTI type is wrong in the original system but works in yours.

If you're an INTP in this system, you're either ENTP or INTJ in MBTI. A TYPE IN MBTI IS DETERMINED BY FUNCTION ORDER, NOT VICE VERSA!
    The above defines Feeling as a dominant function, working in tandem with Intuition, which itself is working in tandem with Thinking to a lesser extent. A shoelace pattern: F is over T, and N is off to one side.

I am most certainly not saying that Introverts switch J and P. Did you happen to notice that the functions here do not have a defined E/I direction? This means, for one, that we have no "Dominant extroverted function." It solves the problems of MBTI and Socionics.

Nor am I saying their MBTI type has been wrong. I am saying the functions were defined improperly, and function order as we know it is useless conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Impossible that INTP could be superior in both Thinking and Intuition where ENTP cannot.

Besides, in real life (outside of TypeTastic-HaHa!Land) I trump you and everyone on this forum in both respects.
    What I'm saying is that the types are theoretically equal in Intuition and Thinking capability, but one type is Introverted and one is Extroverted, accounting for the difference in personality. It's very simple...How could you not perceive this, with a mind like that?

MBTI
    INTP

Settle down guys. Everyone knows that feeling is like a seer it is all knowing, nothing else can measure up!
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Define "need." MBTI functions are inaccurate. They are basically redefining concepts based on analysis of people. One small example which leads to immeasurable misunderstanding being:

The definitions of judging and perceiving are inconsistent.

Even if they were accurate, they would still be a problem, because many don't understand them. The simpler something is, the easier it is to be understood, as a rule.
    simpler yet less effective

explain what this system does exactly.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    simpler yet less effective

explain what this system does exactly.
    It describes mental process differences more accurately.

It cleans up J/P confusion, and brilliantly, if I may say so.

It allows credit to be given to people for what they are actually thinking or feeling, and how, instead of forcing something like "Fi" or "Fe," which rarely fit well to what's actually going on in their heads.

And it's a far better typing tool, if understood. It would make me so happy if you just "pretended" it was accurate, and analyzed people of known and unknown type, to see what you thought.