User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 393

  1. #101
    Senior Member Travo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    So why are you saying that INTJs do more Te than they do Ni?
    I was just thinking that...

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Travo7 View Post
    I was just thinking that...
    I suggest you read my answer then.

  3. #103
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    This is unimportant. You have to call Intuition something.
    ? If it's unimportant, wth is this thread about?

    I am not getting this at all. You haven't discredited function theory other than to say it's rubbish - which is less than persuasive. And you haven't provided any reasons to suggest why your approach makes more sense.

  4. #104
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Not a different function but a different arena in which it is applied. Ask an INTJ to reason themselves and they think for hours and it takes effort. Ask an INTP and it flows like prematured wine (or bilge). It's all thinking but it's a notation upon which arena the subject prefers to apply it in.

    Oh and I think you'll find that INTPs are primarily judging in their thinking but they are P when extraverting. J/P is external.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  5. #105
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You have to determine I/E independently. And if you're NFJ your Primary function is Feeling, which commonly works in tandem with Intuition.
    How can you say I/E are independent of Feeling, when feeling in an INFP and feeling in an ESFJ are such qualitatively and experiencially different things?

    This makes no sense.

    If you don't want to call it introverted feeling and extroverted feeling, you may as well call it apples and oranges.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    ? If it's unimportant, wth is this thread about?

    I am not getting this at all. You haven't discredited function theory other than to say it's rubbish - which is less than persuasive. And you haven't provided any reasons to suggest why your approach makes more sense.
    Yes I have: It's simpler. It's all based on the four preferences. If you're I, you're Introverted. If you're N, you prefer Intuition. If you're T, you prefer Thinking. If you're P, you prefer Perceiving, hence your Primary function is Intuition.

    I'm convinced that the only reason anyone has a problem with it is because the less correct information has been available and accepted by so many for so long.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Not a different function but a different arena in which it is applied. Ask an INTJ to reason themselves and they think for hours and it takes effort. Ask an INTP and it flows like prematured wine (or bilge). It's all thinking but it's a notation upon which arena the subject prefers to apply it in.
    Reasoning, as it's commonly referred to, is not as simple as the Thinking function.
    Oh and I think you'll find that INTPs are primarily judging in their thinking but they are P when extraverting. J/P is external.
    Yeah, I know. Thinking is always Judging, and Perceiving is always related to input--The present environment, or memory.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    How can you say I/E are independent of Feeling, when feeling in an INFP and feeling in an ESFJ are such qualitatively and experiencially different things?

    This makes no sense.
    Stop. You're arguing against things I have never said, nor thought.

    Use of the functions is affected by I/E. It doesn't change the definitions of the functions.

  8. #108
    Senior Member Travo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Not a different function but a different arena in which it is applied. Ask an INTJ to reason themselves and they think for hours and it takes effort. Ask an INTP and it flows like prematured wine (or bilge). It's all thinking but it's a notation upon which arena the subject prefers to apply it in.

    Oh and I think you'll find that INTPs are primarily judging in their thinking but they are P when extraverting. J/P is external.

    Right, but maybe the reason an INTP can do this is because he has spent time thinking about it, since Ti is a judging function. In other words it's been "set in stone".
    An INTJ may have take longer because Ni is a perceiving function, not a decision-making one.

  9. #109
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Yes I have: It's simpler. It's all based on the four preferences. If you're I, you're Introverted. If you're N, you prefer Intuition. If you're T, you prefer Thinking. If you're P, you prefer Perceiving, hence your Primary function is Intuition.

    I'm convinced that the only reason anyone has a problem with it is because the less correct information has been available and accepted by so many for so long.
    Because you're the only one with the power to discriminate between a valid argument and a load of nonsense, I suppose. Pretty arrogant.

    Your preferences aren't conceptually related. I/E is an attitude, so is J/P. S/N, T/F are functions. You can't just lump them all together and call them the same sort of thing. It's invalid.

  10. #110
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Stop. You're arguing against things I have never said, nor thought.

    Use of the functions is affected by I/E. It doesn't change the definitions of the functions.
    We can only define the functions by the behaviours associated with them. We can't model what is actually going on the in the brain (other than with the crude PET scanning I was talking about earlier). Therefore, if the behaviours associated with Fi and Fe are different, then Fi and Fe are different.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO