• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Principles of Typology

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This book includes the following;

-Essays clearly and thoroughly explaining the foundations of typology.
-An outline of the most important features of typology such as functions, attitudes and their relations to applied typology.
-Critique of other typological works such as Keirsey's Please Understand me and Lenor Thomson's Personality Type, an Owner's manual.
-A list of typological terms where a clear and a specific definition has been provided.
-A lengthy profile for each type, especially lengthy for each Intuitive type.
-Short guide regarding how to acquire knowledge in applied typology and how applied typology is distinct from pure. Furthermore, keeping this distinction in mind, the guide is concerned with how and to what extent we can integrate our inquiry into pure typology into the empirical method of investigation.

In summary this book outlines in a very systematic and rigorous way the following; what we already know about typology, our method for acquisition of further knowledge, and prunes away many misleading notions that others hold to be true about typology today.

Principles of Typology is devoted to the advanced student of the subject who wishes to attain a deeper understanding of the subject to think more clearly and rigorously about typology. This is the regard this book is different from that of popularizers of typology, like David Keirsey for example. Very few compromises of rigor and depth of inquiry have been made in favor of clarity of exposition. However, an advanced student of the subject should find the text very readable.

Book Store Search Results

101,500 words. In most typical fonts between 230 and 300 pages. 16 bucks.

Last edited:

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
101,500 words. In most typical fonts between 230 and 300 pages. 16 bucks.

So it's like paying to read 5 of your posts? :D

Great job, though. I think this one'll sell better than the last. Good luck!

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah we covered that in our second class on mathematics. Actually, maybe it was slightly different...

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
You are so J.

lol do you think its possible to so override Ti that you in fact exude J-ness. Thats gotta be a crazy experience.

Great job by the way. Looks like a great and I don't doubt thorough read-

ygolo

My termites win
Is this your second book?

How did the last one do?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
lol do you think its possible to so override Ti that you in fact exude J-ness. Thats gotta be a crazy experience.

Great job by the way. Looks like a great and I don't doubt thorough read-

By definition Introverted Thinking is a judging function. The only difference between Introverted Judgment and Extroverted Judgment is that the former is applied directly to the inner life of the individual and the latter directly to the external world.

Inevitably, Extroverted Judgment applies to all things observed in the external world. For this reason people who are proficient at the use of Extroverted Judgment tend to be methodical consistently. This is the case because their Judging faculties work well and are consistently at work in relation to the external world. Again, this is the case because such faculties of Judgment are most easily excited by the External world, with which Extroverted Judgment is in constant interaction.

Introverted Judgment is most easily excited by the inner life. It is much less excited by the External world than Extroverted Judgment. Therefore, the reason why we do not see Introverted Judgers display qualities associated with judgment as often (being focused and consistent) is not because they have less qualities of Judgment, but because they are aimed at endeavors that are not easily observed in the external world.

In my case it is the ideas upon which this book was founded. Because the faculties of my judgment were highly engaged in the process I had the resolution to finish the project. By contrast to your statement, I did not need to override Ti, it is the intensity of focus on ideas that matter in my inner life that has allowed for this project to be completed.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Btw, can I download it from somewhere for free? Like, pirate copy?

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
Congratulations on having your book published, BlueWing. What a great achievement. :)

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Very cool.

Now if you want to sell it...

Get some sort of a bio up at amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com. And find a few friends from around the country/world to post reviews on those spots

Send review copies to 16types.com, CAPT: Training, Books, Research for MBTI, Archetypes, Leadership, Psychological Type., and Association for Psychological Type International. The first two distribute products and the third one runs book reviews regularly in the Bulletin of Psychological Type. The British and New Zealand Type Associations do as well--you can find their addresses on the APTi website.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Congrats, BW. You ought to get a Wiki page up.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Feel free to make one for me. :)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Very cool.

Get some sort of a bio up at amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com. And find a few friends from around the country/world to post reviews on those spots

Send review copies to 16types.com, CAPT: Training, Books, Research for MBTI, Archetypes, Leadership, Psychological Type., and Association for Psychological Type International. The first two distribute products and the third one runs book reviews regularly in the Bulletin of Psychological Type. The British and New Zealand Type Associations do as well--you can find their addresses on the APTi website.

This is actually awesome practical advice.

Sincere congratulations, BlueWing. That is quite an accomplishment. I will be buying a copy, though you should autograph them for MBTIc members.

Edit: You should also link to your book in your signature, so that if someone finds this site via search and reads a post of yours then can continue the journey further.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Very cool.

So, SW - did you do these things?