123 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Default Principles of Typology

This book includes the following;

-Essays clearly and thoroughly explaining the foundations of typology.
    -An outline of the most important features of typology such as functions, attitudes and their relations to applied typology.
    -Critique of other typological works such as Keirsey's Please Understand me and Lenor Thomson's Personality Type, an Owner's manual.
    -A list of typological terms where a clear and a specific definition has been provided.
    -A lengthy profile for each type, especially lengthy for each Intuitive type.
    -Short guide regarding how to acquire knowledge in applied typology and how applied typology is distinct from pure. Furthermore, keeping this distinction in mind, the guide is concerned with how and to what extent we can integrate our inquiry into pure typology into the empirical method of investigation.

In summary this book outlines in a very systematic and rigorous way the following; what we already know about typology, our method for acquisition of further knowledge, and prunes away many misleading notions that others hold to be true about typology today.

Principles of Typology is devoted to the advanced student of the subject who wishes to attain a deeper understanding of the subject to think more clearly and rigorously about typology. This is the regard this book is different from that of popularizers of typology, like David Keirsey for example. Very few compromises of rigor and depth of inquiry have been made in favor of clarity of exposition. However, an advanced student of the subject should find the text very readable.

Book Store Search Results

101,500 words. In most typical fonts between 230 and 300 pages. 16 bucks.
    Last edited by SolitaryWalker; 11-04-2008 at 07:19 PM.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    Zzzz

Good job. But..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    -A lengthy profile for each type, especially lengthy for each Intuitive type.
    S is for Sigh.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    101,500 words. In most typical fonts between 230 and 300 pages. 16 bucks.
    So it's like paying to read 5 of your posts?

Great job, though. I think this one'll sell better than the last. Good luck!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Yeah we covered that in our second class on mathematics. Actually, maybe it was slightly different...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Banned
    MBTI
    type

You are so J.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

^nah.

Congrats, Blue!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You are so J.
    lol do you think its possible to so override Ti that you in fact exude J-ness. Thats gotta be a crazy experience.

Great job by the way. Looks like a great and I don't doubt thorough read-
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    Good job. But..

S is for Sigh.
    go intuitive elitism!!!!!
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Is this your second book?

How did the last one do?

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    lol do you think its possible to so override Ti that you in fact exude J-ness. Thats gotta be a crazy experience.

Great job by the way. Looks like a great and I don't doubt thorough read-
    By definition Introverted Thinking is a judging function. The only difference between Introverted Judgment and Extroverted Judgment is that the former is applied directly to the inner life of the individual and the latter directly to the external world.

Inevitably, Extroverted Judgment applies to all things observed in the external world. For this reason people who are proficient at the use of Extroverted Judgment tend to be methodical consistently. This is the case because their Judging faculties work well and are consistently at work in relation to the external world. Again, this is the case because such faculties of Judgment are most easily excited by the External world, with which Extroverted Judgment is in constant interaction.

Introverted Judgment is most easily excited by the inner life. It is much less excited by the External world than Extroverted Judgment. Therefore, the reason why we do not see Introverted Judgers display qualities associated with judgment as often (being focused and consistent) is not because they have less qualities of Judgment, but because they are aimed at endeavors that are not easily observed in the external world.

In my case it is the ideas upon which this book was founded. Because the faculties of my judgment were highly engaged in the process I had the resolution to finish the project. By contrast to your statement, I did not need to override Ti, it is the intensity of focus on ideas that matter in my inner life that has allowed for this project to be completed.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/