• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Principles of Typology

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Solitary Walker is a genius!

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Not sure, but he's (co)written a couple books since he left here. So he is prolific in the very least.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This looks like a page turner.

Then again, Principles of Typology would probably sound pretty arcane to a person not into the subject. I liked that book.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
That's my point. I love the guy, but I rarely made it through his posts even though I wanted to.

And that's back when I tried to read everything on the forums.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This looks like a page turner.

Then again, Principles of Typology would probably sound pretty arcane to a person not into the subject. I liked that book.

Thanks for the link! I liked Principles too! I bought it. :smile:

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
That's my fault. But I think the world is better off now.

Lark

Think I'll write some books, if I can think of something.

ygolo

My termites win
Lol. I'll have to tell him about this. Not sure what he'll make of it.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION]. You can't have this one either.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Solitary Walker is a genius!
:fpalm:

Why am I not surprised...

And the forum cycle comes full circle!

Too bad sw doesn't post anymore
I'm not too disappointed. Part of me died inside when he posted that wall of text about how iNtuitives are more "evolved". It sure didn't make me want to read any of his books.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What isn't [MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] allowed to do?? I must have missed something. :/

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
That's my point. I love the guy, but I rarely made it through his posts even though I wanted to.

And that's back when I tried to read everything on the forums.

Precisely. I'm think he's smart, but he is quite bad at communicating. Everything he writes has to be a fucking essay with unnecessarily complicated language. Before any of you start pointing fingers my way, I have a masters and hope to start a PHD soon; I'm used to reading journal articles. I hope he has a fantastic editor.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What isn't [MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] allowed to do?? I must have missed something. :/

Use SW as an example of an INTP who produces WOTs.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Precisely. I'm think he's smart, but he is quite bad at communicating. Everything he writes has to be a fucking essay with unnecessarily complicated language. Before any of you start pointing fingers my way, I have a masters and hope to start a PHD soon; I'm used to reading journal articles. I hope he has a fantastic editor.
It's possible that English is not his first language. Now think about what you were reading.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
It's possible that English is not his first language. Now think about what you were reading.

I doubt that matter to be honest. It's about the formality of the language and the choice of words. Someone who has English as a second language wouldn't feel the need to torture themselves like that.