User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    TiSe

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    So I was wondering where exactly fairness and justice would fall in the T/F polarity.
    Eric you give a good account in both your examples and overall a very good analogy of how it works along the T/F dichotomy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I always thought T was about valuing fairness...

According to Jung's original formulation of the cognitive processes, fairness and justice are associated with Extraverted Thinking. They are about treating everyone according to a set of rules (i.e. morality/ethics), regardless of the feelings we have for them.
    But here's where it gets fuzzy. "Morality/ethics" are associated by Jung with Feeling! The "set of rules" would simply indicate an extraverted function (external standard). "The feelings we have for them" would be more like the internal standard. What the standards are would be T/F. T saying "true/false", and F saying "good/bad".
    That too would push "fairness" as T by virtue of being "true/false". But it also seems to often become an issue of good/bad, especially for the person rising up and fighting unfairness/injustice. (to himself or others).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Usually I dont say things like this but in this case, I must say in my opinion p types are the most fair. Fairness thereby is meant to be fair, according to facts.

I would breakdown a list as following:

1st: istp (fair and forgiving)
    2nd: intp (fair but sometimes not caring)
    3rd: entp (fair to others, but immorale to themselves [and maybe others in the process])
    4th: isfp (fair but sometimes in a loyal way [where the "value" thing starts and the "principles" things end])

If I missed someone that is because I do not know enough about the other p types yet.

J types I generally do not see as being fair and my reasoning is the inherit logic.

"I do not think J types to treat p types fairly all the time".

Therefore they lack something and if I remember correctly p types are a member of our species.

But maybe I am treating them unfairly in thinking so
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

fairness and justice cannot be limited to type but only to an individual and individuals are NOT limited by type.

EDIT (combining two posts):

associating fairness or justice to a specific type or even temperament or function or whatever is a little bit ehh. Feelers can be fair and still be all for justice. Thinkers can be fair and still be all for justice.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENTP

When we think of fairness", we normally think of someone complaining; or "whining" we call it, about some perceived slight from others.
    We do?

So the question is, which of the four judging functions are most closely associated with fairness and justice?
    thinking.

I hate threads like this.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    fairness and justice cannot be limited to type but only to an individual and individuals are NOT limited by type.

EDIT (combining two posts):

associating fairness or justice to a specific type or even temperament or function or whatever is a little bit ehh. Feelers can be fair and still be all for justice. Thinkers can be fair and still be all for justice.
    I guess the question aims more towards finding out, through what process someone derives a conclusion to be fair from. And how that shows itself. Fair alone can be interpreted in many different ways.

If its just a Feeling or Thinking thing, I dont know. But I would prefer to be treated fairly according to the facts given. If someone treats me fairly because I desrve it, I feel played for a sucker.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

It is thinking, but I thought that was well-understood. Prove me wrong yet again, will you, world? Even the questions in personality tests related to T/F favor T for fairness.

Impersonal arbitration defines Thinking as a function.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Fair alone can be interpreted in many different ways.
    yeah, like what about fairness for the baby bunnies and rainbows and the laughter of the children?
    I don't wanna!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    yeah, like what about fairness for the baby bunnies and rainbows and the laughter of the children?
    FEAR GOD, AND DREAD NAUGHT.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It is thinking, but I thought that was well-understood. Prove me wrong yet again, will you, world? Even the questions in personality tests related to T/F favor T for fairness.

Impersonal arbitration defines Thinking as a function.
    this is one of the reasons why tests are flawed (imo). if a feeler finds being fair and bringing justice to those who deserves it to be idealistic and a personal belief then they believe in justice. if you ask me to choose between mercy and justice i can't choose.

sorry for the poorly worded sentence.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1