User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    They all tend to be Hitler-esque?!?!

I kid, I kid.

I like "Rottweiler effect" better than head of the Nazi party, but every so often that facade of nicety slips and we reveal our deadset mindset...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    How do the Intuition and Judging work together? What can we say that describes the personality of all four NJs?
    Well, there's an introverted flavour to their Intuition. According to Carl Jung, all introverted functions have a "timeless" quality to them because they go under the surface of the everchanging conditions of the external world (e.g. changing societies, culture, fashions, manners, values...) in an attempt to find the eternal and universal natures of things.

So if Si wants to find consistency and permanence in the sensate realm (which is why they like structures and traditions), Ni wants to find the eternals and universals in the intuitive realm. This is why there's often a "mystical", "otherworldly" quality to Ni types. I often imagine Merlin, or Lao Tzu or some other eastern mystic when I think of the extreme Ni type.

In fact, I'd imagine that Ni types were probably a lot more common in the ancient eastern world -- or the ancient world in general -- than they are here in the modern west where the heavily Se and Te culture stifles full expression and development of Ni.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Deep, concentrated visions, as opposed to broad array of visions (thinking of NPs)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    In a seminar on type and innovation, one of my ENFJ colleagues said, "That tenacity to see it through and even become fanatical...I call it the Rottweiler effect."

The facilitator quipped, "We prefer to term it 'doggedness.'"

INFJs and INTJs have the same dominant functions and can often operate like twin sons of different mothers if they have a common cause. The INFJ tends to be a bit more "Trust me, it'll work" and if there's mutual respect benefits greatly from the INTJ's ability to think through flaws in advance or guess what questions others will ask. The INTJ benefits from the INFJ's insights into how to get buy-in from everyone for their plans.

ENTJs and ENFJs have opposite dominant functions and naturally gravitate toward leadership so yes, they may fail to find common ground. If they agree on goals, though, just fall in step. they'll combine forces to strategically organize the heck out of whatever they're trying to do.

• Judging and Perceiving actually refer to one's preference in interacting with the external world, with Judging types preferring to come to Judgment or closure, and Perceiving types preferring to stay open.
    • However, within the 4 NJ types, the two Introverted types are actually dominant Perceiving types. Their preference for staying open resides in their internal world, so they may show a more decisive lifestyle to the external world but still prefer openness. It can actually be quite the source of inner conflict
    • Because Intuition is about creativity and novelty, most N's dislike externally imposed structures. This includes NJs. Speaking for the INJs, we never look at our job descriptions, frequently go off plan when new ideas catch our interest, think through contingencies so we can be spontaneous, and march to the tune of their own drummer. Actually a lot of our routines allow for spontaneity in areas that really count for us.
    • Openness and closure are very different from predictability vs. whimsicality.
    Most of the important things you need to know.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

• Because Intuition is about creativity and novelty, most N's dislike externally imposed structures. This includes NJs. Speaking for the INJs, we never look at our job descriptions, frequently go off plan when new ideas catch our interest, think through contingencies so we can be spontaneous, and march to the tune of their own drummer. Actually a lot of our routines allow for spontaneity in areas that really count for us.
    Okay, this I could definitely relate to. (Sorry for sounding condescending with the "Do some research" thing.)

Now that I think of it, my routines do kind of allow for spontaneity. Imposed structures, however, assault me, although sometimes I feel I need a schedule to follow to get myself under control.

With INTJs, I think that Te structures the environment a certain way so that Ni could flourish -- for example, a lot of writers need their writing space to be a certain familiar way in order not to disturb their internal creative processing of their primary function. This is what I mean by needing to have a certain structure and routine; harmonizing the external world so that there are no disruptions to the internal creative process.

MBTI
    ENFJ

We're rather stubborn.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Okay, this I could definitely relate to. (Sorry for sounding condescending with the "Do some research" thing.)
    Apology accepted. I tried not to take the bait beyond sighing...

Now that I think of it, my routines do kind of allow for spontaneity. Imposed structures, however, assault me, although sometimes I feel I need a schedule to follow to get myself under control.
    Having worked in a truly externally structured environment straight out of high school (file clerking) and college (bank examiner for the Fed) the difference to me between someone else's structure and my own is striking...

With INTJs, I think that Te structures the environment a certain way so that Ni could flourish -- for example, a lot of writers need their writing space to be a certain familiar way in order not to disturb their internal creative processing of their primary function. This is what I mean by needing to have a certain structure and routine; harmonizing the external world so that there are no disruptions to the internal creative process.
    If you interrupt me when I'm writing, and actually being productive, you may experience the wrath of Achilles. I tend to head to remote locations where I can completely structure my own time and get lost in thought for as long as my stomach doesn't start growling. But I still set my alarm, do "prep" reading with a cup of coffee, get in a workout, and then start writing.
    edcoaching

MBTI
    ENFJ

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    They are organised but they don't like routine.
    Precisely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I think Aladdin described it best.

GREAT COSMIC POWER!teensy tiny living space.
    Uh, that was Genie. And the line was:

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
    Itty bitty living space.

But yes. Exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Not to say that everyone else can't have great cosmic power, but the point is that it's compressed to the size of the head of a pin.
    well actually to the size of a 3 pound brain, but point understood lolz.
    Js prefer their lives to be controlled and predictable,
    No I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    They all tend to be Hitler-esque?!?!

I kid, I kid.

Well actually, social stigma aside... yeah, kinda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    All NJs are insane
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Also we're the easiest to annoy and the hardest to piss off. Forget T-F differences, we have ideas of what really matters, and the only way to genuinely get an NJ angry is to get in the way of that idea. Whether it be based on people or concepts.
    Yeah. That's actually a good way of putting it. Kudos!
    And the thing that really gets my blood boiling is not so much when someone gets in the way of my ideas, but does it intentionally, and for the sake of itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by cloakofsnow View Post
    Well, there's an introverted flavour to their Intuition. According to Carl Jung, all introverted functions have a "timeless" quality to them because they go under the surface of the everchanging conditions of the external world (e.g. changing societies, culture, fashions, manners, values...) in an attempt to find the eternal and universal natures of things.

So if Si wants to find consistency and permanence in the sensate realm (which is why they like structures and traditions), Ni wants to find the eternals and universals in the intuitive realm. This is why there's often a "mystical", "otherworldly" quality to Ni types. I often imagine Merlin, or Lao Tzu or some other eastern mystic when I think of the extreme Ni type.

In fact, I'd imagine that Ni types were probably a lot more common in the ancient eastern world -- or the ancient world in general -- than they are here in the modern west where the heavily Se and Te culture stifles full expression and development of Ni.
    Yes! Wonderful!
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Thank you, everybody!
    Quote Originally Posted by cloakofsnow View Post

Does Jung write about the 8 Cognitive Processes in any detail? I've seen a lot of books that give detailed explanations for the Four Letters, or for all Sixteen Types, but not as much for those 8 functions. Jung should probably be the place to look...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Thank you, everybody! Does Jung write about the 8 Cognitive Processes in any detail? I've seen a lot of books that give detailed explanations for the Four Letters, or for all Sixteen Types, but not as much for those 8 functions. Jung should probably be the place to look...
    Just remember that Jung wrote from a clinical perspective, using type to tailor therapy. His descriptions show bias in some places...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Thank you, everybody! Does Jung write about the 8 Cognitive Processes in any detail? I've seen a lot of books that give detailed explanations for the Four Letters, or for all Sixteen Types, but not as much for those 8 functions. Jung should probably be the place to look...
    Jung's book "Psychological Types" more or less scripted out the 8 cognitive processes, in what detail you could expect (from a German-English translation)...

Here's the link I remember: Classics in the History of Psychology -- Jung (1921/1923) Chapter 10
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so