• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTIc Member Inner-Workings Survey

ygolo

My termites win
In order to facilitate a deeper understanding our own and each others' "buttons," I decided to make a survey. Feel free to skip questions you don't want to answer.

0a)What do you believe is your MBTI type?

0b)What is your age?

1)Who are some people you admire and try to emulate? Why do you want to emulate them? Why do you believe you can?

2)Who (other than your actual father and mother) has acted in a role of nurturing you and helping you grow as a person? What did these people do you found helpful? What did they do that you felt was overprotective?

3)At the times you act like a spoiled brat, how does it manifest? What do you do? What do you avoid doing? What are your thoughts and emotions like at these moments? What triggers you to become childish? How can you regulate or work with your childish nature?

4)Think about worlds, cliques, or groups you don't normally belong to but wanted to be part of. Were there people who acted either as a "sentinel" (keeping you out of the group) or a "guide" (helping you integrate with the group)? What were the groups? Who were the guides and sentinels? How was their behavior different from your own?

5)Who has challenged you on your priorities? What specific points do they make regarding why they think your priorities are wrong? How much of this do you take to heart?

6)Who have you had trouble getting to understand you, while at the same time they tell you "there are just things you don't understand, my dear," or something to that effect? These are the people who see things fundamentally different from you. You believe they are wrong, while they believe you are, but they have the authority. What are some examples of this happening? What triggers these types of interactions? How do you regulate or work with each-other in situations like this?

7)How would you describe the child in you that wants to please or mock people? What triggers the sense of mocking, or an attempt to please? How do you turn it into humor? How well does the humor serve to mock or please its audience?

8)When you completely loose control, what come out? How do you view the world at these times? How do you regain composure? What do these incidents teach you?

I realize this may take some time to answer, and I'll be working on mine. I hope this will yield some insight into ourselves and others over time.

Please enjoy, and thanks for taking the time to read this.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
ENTJ
0b)What is your age?

1)Who are some people you admire and try to emulate? Why do you want to emulate them? Why do you believe you can?
I don't try to emulate people, but principles. I think different principles are well illustrated by particular people, though. I avoid emulating any one, though.

2)Who (other than your actual father and mother) has acted in a role of nurturing you and helping you grow as a person? What did these people do you found helpful? What did they do that you felt was overprotective? Male best friend, long time female best friend. Male friend analyzed issues with me from an educated, detached, carefree, big-picture perspective, in a most non-worrying, mostly optimistic manner. Female friend analyzed too, from a personal, emotionally rational way, and she was sometimes too worried about my physical security.

3)At the times you act like a spoiled brat, how does it manifest? What do you do? What do you avoid doing? What are your thoughts and emotions like at these moments? What triggers you to become childish? How can you regulate or work with your childish nature?
I thought I was facing a terrible trouble for having to live on low income for a while, something reminiscent of living under a bridge or something like that. I still lived very decently all the time, with all the niceties of modern life. Last time I was childish when drunk & had the flu at the same time. I usually never have to think about the aspect of childishness; my natural way can just perhaps be too mature, for the boredom of everyone.
4)Think about worlds, cliques, or groups you don't normally belong to but wanted to be part of. Were there people who acted either as a "sentinel" (keeping you out of the group) or a "guide" (helping you integrate with the group)? What were the groups? Who were the guides and sentinels? How was their behavior different from your own?
I'd like to be a part of professionals in ICT industry. The people who are keeping me away from it are, I believe, the recruiting experts. I've tried to exert a more social image than I really am, and I guess I have to stop being so fake. Next time, I'll be my grumpy, calmly commanding, composed, reliable self, which gives a more realistic picture, and doesn't alarm a "false image" alert.

5)Who has challenged you on your priorities? What specific points do they make regarding why they think your priorities are wrong? How much of this do you take to heart?
My girlfriend challenged me on my priorities of work, which came first for me. She felt I should have focused more on spiritual and other immaterial things. I adapted her values for myself somewhat, but drew a line when her comments were starting to feel like harassment.

6)Who have you had trouble getting to understand you, while at the same time they tell you "there are just things you don't understand, my dear," or something to that effect? These are the people who see things fundamentally different from you. You believe they are wrong, while they believe you are, but they have the authority. What are some examples of this happening? What triggers these types of interactions? How do you regulate or work with each-other in situations like this?
No-one's acted like that for many years, so many I can't remember. 10, 8? 15?

7)How would you describe the child in you that wants to please or mock people? What triggers the sense of mocking, or an attempt to please? How do you turn it into humor? How well does the humor serve to mock or please its audience?
I believe people of different abilities can both be utilized for work and enjoyed as a company. They can be met as an individual, heart to heart, man to man. There's no need for mocking; only that of acceptance, and hope for benefit. The benefit can come in form of understanding, or a deal. Sometimes the understanding might be one-sided.

A person trying to maintain some image (i.e. that of a professional), but giving away strong clues is greatly comedic to me. I just laugh inside at some people giving a speech on some subject, trying to appear knowledgeable and being a sucker in an extremely transparent way.

8)When you completely loose control, what come out? How do you view the world at these times? How do you regain composure? What do these incidents teach you?I shout that I can't be bothered with in some respect, there's some grand scheme of things why the said things don't apply, why they are irrelevant, or why a contrary conclusion should be made. What has angered me? I've received information, which if true, would make my work ineffective, or diminish my capabilities. For example, a statement that would effectively be a switch of alliance from my camp to another, on basis I don't approve of. Perhaps if there are laws that regulate what an employer may decide on me, but they have decided to the contrary. Someone intruding on my personal area in a mostly offending and ignorant manner.

I regain composure by understanding I have alternate deals to be made, alternate relationships to pursue, or otherwise I have alternatives to being in a disadvantaged position. I don't see this as win/lose; I just see something is not working now, I might lose a great deal of results from my work, but I can limit my losses, and there's no reason why I wouldn't gain benefit from my future work. So, there's no loss in the grand scheme of things; just something of limited effect.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Haha ygolo, are you searching for the transparent human ? Your surveys are frightening :D

------------

0a) I know it is entp. That is because the letters "ep" look like breats being hit by the wind from a 20 degree angle to the left :D

0b) 25, but that's a lie :D

1) emulate ? Hmm, I know emulsion that is a word from chemistry. Was this a sexual question ? Well I would like to emulate a lot of people, but I fear most of them think not :D

2) My guinea pig served as a rolemodel in my life. He is a notorious drunkard with a bad attitude. He picks fights, purposely withholds his rent checks he has to pay to me and every night he is up until the morning playing with some hookers in that little cage of his. Let's just say, he has made me a man :D

3) I guess first of all, when I feel my privacy being violated. I think second of all, when I meet unwise people. And third of all... well the better question would have been "when do you not behave childish" :D

4) That's an intresting question, also I consider myself to autonomous to be part of a group. One group, was a group of down to earth people, who lived in the hear and now, taking no risks. There was a sentinel keeping me out, through constantly being better at things than me but he did not bragged about it. So noone saw it, besides me. Eventually I kicked myself out, through becoming a constant bugger, treating that "obviously nice guy" badly.

Another group, I am constantly in, is a group of outcasts. Most of them are insane and some of them are in deep need consultation. There is one sentinel keeping me out again, because he fears I could destroy what he has balanced. Or what he sees as being balanced. He thinks that everyone should be left alone with the things he thinks are right and I do think so also. But everytime I open my mouth something different than I think comes out of it. That provokes irritation. I am in no constant thread of being thrown out though, after all I think the group leader sees me as the "toughest case" that will keep him in the loop :).

5) I have never let someone challenge me and I dont want to. I am always open for debate and new insights and I will adjust my opinions if I get new information. I really like wiser people, like NF guys, who are 50 years old but are still stuck in their mid-tweenties. I can listen to them allday long.

But to be honest, it is getting tougher and tougher to find new people with new insights and I am starting to wonder, if it is now my turn to give something back of the things I know. Eventually I will understand what I just said one day, but at the present moment I lack the energy to teach anyone.

6) Hmhm, never met someone telling me that actually. I have met some people, who saw things different than I did, but I often managed to understand why or at least see the possibility of there being a cause.

My father well, maybe, he is a different story. He actually challenges my thoughts. And I am having a HUUUGGEE dad complex. But he is a Thinker and we can come to logical compromise. What the heck, anyhow. As long as I am sane and he is sane, I do not need him to think like I do.

What is a problem, is people not telling me something. I sometimes get the impression of people thinking of me: that guy is dumb, just nod and smile. I have an idea of why I could be wrong but that one is so damn arrogant, I wont believe it.

7) Ehhrm, "how do I describe the child in me that wants to please or mock people". About 1,50 meters, brown hair, brown eyes, beer can in the one and a boomerang in the other hand.

8) Just happened once in my life. The computer, I call my mind went blue screen and displayed "System Failure". I walked down an Autobahn waiting for a car to hit me but the streets were empty. Eventually the police came by and brought me home. Do not remember more. But it was like this:

[YOUTUBE="3rnWSLqV3R0"]System Failure[/YOUTUBE]

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

ENTP

0b)What is your age?

28 and a half.

I admire Zen Masters and mystics. They are fearless and alive, joyful and absorbing. Alan Watts, Osho, Seung Sahn, Shunryu Suzuki to name a few. I'm not sure I can, yet, but we'll see.

2)Who (other than your actual father and mother) has acted in a role of nurturing you and helping you grow as a person? What did these people do you found helpful? What did they do that you felt was overprotective?

My cousin taught me about sex and helped me be confident. He also taught me how to be kind of cocky and dismissive about things in order to let them go. He's helped shape the way I give people advice and see things.

I can be childish when I go home and fight with my parents. I feel a bit powerless, and that mixed with the unconditional love that parents give makes it easy to regress. I don't really work with it because I don't really give a shit (cocky dismissiveness). :)

I've probably wanted to gain access to groups that seemed like I could never belong to. I don't think it was either sentinel or guiding.

My parents and extended family, and even immediate family. I internalize it until I realize that it's not mine and that I have to choose my own values to live by in order to feel like I'm a real person and not just a robot.

My parents and I place a different premium on materialism and financial security. They say I just can't understand until I have kids, I tell them that that's bullshit.

My dad uses it as a way to justify a point he knows he can't defend logically. I respond the same way.

I used to feel this way about my mom's analyses of people, since she's a therapist. Now that I've gotten better at analyzing people, I can defend against them a little, but they still sink in deep. Reminding myself that authority isn't justification helps prevent this from happening.

That's so funny. I definitely use humor. When my lady seems disappointed with something, I put my hands together like I was bowing and start shaking my hands and knees like a petrified servant. Humor works 95% of the time. I don't really stop myself from mocking people unless I have a good reason. When I do, the reason is enough.

8)When you completely loose control, what come out? How do you view the world at these times? How do you regain composure? What do these incidents teach you?

I actually feel free when I lose control. That's what Silly Therapy (tm) (search for the thread if you're interested) was all about. Regaining composure is like regaining self-consciousness. I'm usually sad when it happens.

ygolo

My termites win

INTP

0b)What is your age?

29 (in a few days)

I admire many scientists, entrepreneurs, and inventors. I want to be like them because of the paradigm changing accomplishments they've made. I am not sure if I can or not, but I have an overwhelming urge to try.

Some of my early bosses were probably the most influential on me. I have an ENTP former boss who is now running his own business. He tended to push me in a good way to be more creative, and do quality work.

The group of friends I had in college were fun to hang-out with. They didn't judge, and it was generally pleasant to play video-games or whatever we had set-up. We also had a lot of classes together where we'd work on group projects, and have a friendly competition going to motivate each other on grades and project specs, and such.

These days, it's my friends from the chess-club who are the accepting bunch, I can just hang-out with.

I act spoiled in a few regularly recurring ways. When things get tedious, I have a very hard time actually doing things. It feels like I am throwing a fit in front of myself. "No! No, I wont do it! It's stupid!" Sometimes, I'm afraid I may just say that out loud while people are listening.

I haven't found a way to regulate or wok with this tendency yet.

I also want my work to have some meaningful impact. So when I feel like I've been put on a boondoggle, I get resentful. "What a waste of time?" --kind of a snotty kid, in this sense. Unfortunately, it can also keep me from enjoying myself at times, because "it's a waste of time."

I generally feel lest out of social gatherings and parties. Or any place where there is a group of people around just making idle small-talk. I often feel that the most boisterous one, the "life-of-the-party" is kind of a sentinel--judging to see if I am worthy of participating. Sometimes, however, this same person will go out oh the way to make sure I'm welcome.

I have felt challenged on my priorities quite often--from co-workers, bosses, family, and friends.

The usual thing is over the idea of not "needing" to do something. "You don't really need to do that."

But I want to do that. That's the point. There are so few things I want to do, so when I find something, I like doing, it's like a treasure. I need to do a few things I want to do.

I do take their criticisms to heart. Because there is only so much time we have, an the things that "need" to be done seem like important obligations.

It doesn't happen often outside of work.

The usual dispute is between older engineers and our younger group over the use of automation or scripting to get the tedious stuff done.

They make a legitimate point that it will take me longer to make the automation than doing the job directly. But we maintain, you can use the automation over and over again. They remain unconvinced--"I don't buy it."

I am often eager to make jokes when I feel uncomfortable--usually in "small-talk" situations. It often comes off as over-the-top, over-the-line, or just plain weird.

I've gotten really angry and yelled at people in a handful of situations in my life. They invariable involve someone trying to control other peoples actions or assumptions about the ill-character of someone who doesn't "fit-in."

I usually feel I am in the right, long after wards, but I also know the people on the receiving end, basically never forget the incident.

I think the sentiments are good, but I need a better strategy for bringing the issues to bear on the situations.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

INFJ

0b)What is your age?

You know those little getting-to-know-you icebreaker type games, where 'deep' questions are asked? Some examples similar to your question - 'Who is your role model?', 'If there was anyone in history you had the chance to meet, who would it be?' 'Name three famous people in the world you'd love to have lunch with', etc. I've never had answers to these questions. I admire and respect many people, for various reasons, but I don't try to emulate them. I don't have role models as such, and don't think I ever have. But again, I respect traits of many people in my life.

Maybe 'emulation' for me ends up being my trying to becoming more balanced and working on what I consider my weaknesses.

Friends and lovers. ha. Almost entirely the former. My friends will encourage me and try to push me to do things that might be out of my comfort zone, or to look at things in a different way. I can't think of an example of them being 'overprotective'. Otherwise, just life experiences in general - I think we can learn and grow through situations as much as through people - it's both.

Hmm...what triggers me to become childish...probably doing things I don't want to do or don't see the point of doing, particularly when I'm busy doing other things and it's breaking the flow of what I'm doing. It mostly manifests through irritation and a quick display of annoyance and emotion. Impatience. Wouldn't really display this in the work environment though - would keep it under wraps.

I guess social groups/organizations in general, that I'm interested in being a part of. I can't think of 'sentinel' examples, but the 'guides' would typically be extroverts and people who aren't 'jealous' of maintaining the group as is, and are instead welcoming and trying to bring others in.

Nothing specific to mention, really. I've never been directly challenged, it's always more subtle - a raised eyebrow, the absence of support or encouragement, etc.

Can't think of anything at the moment.

Mock people? Hmmm. Well, I mock people I don't respect, I suppose, but I don't mock to peoples' faces. I'll mock inside my head. And I'm always mocking tv sportscasters and most politicians, as a few examples. ;-)

Not entirely understanding where you're going with this question.

When I completely lose control..well, I can't think of an example where I've completely lost control in my physical environment or when it comes to getting tasks or work done. Maybe I can't think of an example because I tend to know a lot isn't in my control anyway.

It's when I 'forget' that many things aren't in my control, and start thinking I CAN control everything, that the anxiety can build and the re-realization that not everything is in my control will hit me hard. Then I might panic a bit, get upset, get anxious, or will become emotionally stressed out. Might take time to regain composure, but it's mostly time alone that's needed, for reflection, to remind myself again that many things are outside of my control.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP

ISTP

I do whatever the hell I want, and say F*** it to what anyone else says. Caused by an unresolvable dispute "F*** you, I'll do it my way", or by a LOT of stress. (Note, I'm an ISTP...becoming stressed is not something that often occurs.)

I have no idea, unfortunately. I'm pretty much oblivious to this type of thing, and tend to not really recognize different "groups". In general, I get along with, or can deal with, pretty much everyone. And for whatever reason, I've never really felt anyone was acting like one of the people you're talking about.

Family, and a female friend of mine. Specifically, my lack of looking toward the future and realizing that as much as I don't want it to, school is important for what I want to go towards. As the way I said that should show, I did take a lot of it to heart. That doesn't mean I always take challenges to heart, but hearing about my priorities and where I'm headed from other people, does get me to think about things and consider what they had to say, although it isn't something I acknowledge publicly.

First off: I have very little respect for authority, so it doesn't have much impact on what I do.

Now then, I have no problem with disagreeing with people, I can "agree to disagree", and can stay that way. It's fine with me. I also don't mind compromising. However, I cannot deal with people who have a "You must agree with me!" approach. That generally results in a heated discussion, followed by us avoiding contact as much as possible.

Wants to please people? Outside of certain family and friends (and I guess coworkers, to the extent that I don't need to be fired), I don't care if you're pleased by what I do or not. Mocking people I suppose can be amusing. Nothing special triggers it, I am constantly making fun of things/making jokes, and they're mostly funny I think.

My humor is usually intended to be funny, but I will admit, does have a tendency to lean very much toward one or more of the following: sarcastic, unkind, morbid, dry or stereotypical.

The only emotion that has ever caused me to lose control around others is Anger, and that happened once. That resulted in me severely injuring someone who deserved it. Note: I was in middle school at the time, and the person I hurt had tried to beat me up before, I'd just kept my composure and not retaliated....that's the only person who's ever managed to truly get to the complete end of my tolerance.

Other than that, I have never lost control of my external self. Internally however...I "lose it" occasionally from difficult situations and such, typically resulting in extreme apathy for a short period of time, while I am trying to work things out in my head, and that overrules other concerns, like school/work or other responsibilities. I've learned a lot about myself and what causes me problems through it.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
More soul-bearing questionaires? If you're INTJ, I swear you're collecting data to better manipulate people. :devil:

0a)What do you believe is your MBTI type? INXJ, leaning towards T.

0b)What is your age? 24

1)Who are some people you admire and try to emulate? Why do you want to emulate them? Why do you believe you can? Don't have anybody in particular. I try to learn something different from everybody.

2)Who (other than your actual father and mother) has acted in a role of nurturing you and helping you grow as a person? What did these people do you found helpful? What did they do that you felt was overprotective? Various teachers throughout my schooling. I've been a keen learner, most of them pick up on it and try to accommodate my extra interest in whatever topic. I never found them to be overprotective. If anything my parents are a lot more so.

3)At the times you act like a spoiled brat, how does it manifest? What do you do? What do you avoid doing? What are your thoughts and emotions like at these moments? What triggers you to become childish? How can you regulate or work with your childish nature? Oh. I was the brat in class. I liked asking smart ass questions. The type that the teachers couldn't answer and I knew that they couldn't. Perhaps I was bored in class and needed to amuse myself at their expenses... It was no trouble at all with work. I tend to finish homework and assignments early.

4)Think about worlds, cliques, or groups you don't normally belong to but wanted to be part of. Were there people who acted either as a "sentinel" (keeping you out of the group) or a "guide" (helping you integrate with the group)? What were the groups? Who were the guides and sentinels? How was their behavior different from your own? I never belonged in any groups. I'm mostly the outsider... the hanger on. Nobody kept me out, I just never quite fit. Awkwardness in groups.

5)Who has challenged you on your priorities? What specific points do they make regarding why they think your priorities are wrong? How much of this do you take to heart? I'm planning to head into graphic design after so many years in science. It took me a while to convince myself that it was the right thing to do. I grew up in an SJ family where art is consider as frivolousness. I wanted a stable job, which was why I headed into science. This turn around came as a major surprise to my parents after all the years I put in my BSc, the coop terms, now the MSc which I'm in process of completing. We had a row because of this. I understand their concerns but I had the most trouble battling it out with myself. Mostly the fear of inadequacy of my skills.

6)Who have you had trouble getting to understand you, while at the same time they tell you "there are just things you don't understand, my dear," or something to that effect? These are the people who see things fundamentally different from you. You believe they are wrong, while they believe you are, but they have the authority. What are some examples of this happening? What triggers these types of interactions? How do you regulate or work with each-other in situations like this?My parents are both introverted SJs... in fact in the family of 4, I'm the only N. Communications is often difficult across the N/S divide. In particular my mother (ISFJ) who wants me to be more open, but I just don't feel comfortable with sharing. Sometimes she thinks I mean one thing when I really mean another, but before I can explain things to her, she jumped onto that point already. There is very little I can do to regulate it... I tried. I just find the whole experience draining, so I avoid them as much as possible.

8)When you completely loose control, what come out? How do you view the world at these times? How do you regain composure? What do these incidents teach you? I keep to myself during those time. When people intrude, I raise my voice, and often snap at them when I'm irritated. Guess I'm not a very patient person. :blush:

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
INTP - although INFP's not out of the question.

0b)What is your age?
I'm 37.

I can't really say that I've ever really considered anyone in that light. There are people I respect, but I can't say that I've ever really tried to emulate anyone. I'm not sure that I could, if I tried.

Other than my parents, I don't think anyone's ever really acted in that role for me - part of it's that I doubt I really put forth a very approachable demeanor, especially when it comes to such things (I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with it at all). There have been many friends (my sister first among them) who've supported me and helped me out, but I don't think that's what you're looking for.

Boy, fess-up time. I get exasperated, frustrated, and self-defeating. The only thing that really brings that out in me is frustration at work, and it manifests almost exclusively in complaining and some floundering, where I sort of spin my wheels and can't get going. Not proud of it (obviously). Mostly my thoughts in such situations are of frustration and powerlessness to control my circumstances or make progress. Often it's involved when I'm ignored, disrespected, expected to go above and beyond to cover for folks who won't, or am a victim of hypocritical attitudes. I wish I knew how better to regulate this... nothing seems to help too much other than trying to ignore it and plow ahead... but it doesn't make me feel better.

I'm not really much of a joiner, but I've been very fortunate here. Sometimes, I'm just naturally a member, and in other cases I've always been included for various reasons. Usually the "guides" are more extraverted friends. I can't say that I've really had many "sentinel" experiences - or I'm just so oblivious that I've not really noticed - which is entirely possible :D.

Hmm - other than performance evaluations at work, I can't say that this has ever really come up. I've often (especially as a child) taken on the priorities that others expected of me, so it was never really an issue then. At work, I'm told to delegate, and put more effort into documenting requirements than actually doing the work myself. Which I hate (especially as it hasn't proven effective in my circumstances), and basically ignore.

It's not terribly uncommon for people to not really understand me (doesn't everyone feel this way, though?), but the major examples would be my parents (as a child) and my employer (now). As a child (from my perspective anyway), these interactions were most often triggered when my parents would refuse to really take everything into consideration - making snap judgments on partial data while refusing to listen to any explanation I might have offered - not only because my opinion was intentionally ignored, but the idea that no explanation I could possibly offer would counterbalance their (in my idea) hasty decision. Similar issues at work now. Usually my response (due to a lack of options) is to ignore it when I can, suck it up when I have to.

I can't say that I really get many drives to mock people. Policies (especially bureaucratic ones), situations, sure. But not people (although I will complain about people that frustrate me). I do (try) to use humor to please people or deflect conflict.

Hmm... I don't know that I "completely" lose control. At worse, I tend to get whiny for a while. Regaining my composure often simply involves getting away from people to cool off, get some sleep, etc. Mostly what I learn from these is that my responses don't really help, and that I need to try to detach from the frustrations and realize that it's not the end of the world.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
0a)
ENFP

0b)

Gandhi. The man fought a war without picking up a single weapon. He used his mind, not his fists. He focused on the good in people and not the evil. There is so much I could say but I'm going to continue (just watch the movie Gandhi). I believe I can because I already do as much as I can. I do everything I can to see the good in people. There is nothing I enjoy more then helping people with problems they are having.

No single person can be named. So many people have helped me in so many ways and everyone would have to be named. Even those who hurt me helped me.

The first, second, third and fourth parts I truthfully can't answer lol. I can't remember acting like a spoiled brat. Thats not me going on an ego trip or anything I just can't recall a time when that happened. But the fifth and sixth part I can answer. I become childish when people attack who I am as a person, aka criticism. I learned to deal with this by teaching myself to not take it personally. After a little bit of training myself to think this way, I handle criticism extremely well now.

There is no specific group I ever wanted to be part of. I'm part of so many groups of people that it would be hard to pinpoint individual sentinels or guides. Most of the time if I DO want to integrate with a group of people I just do it myself anyway.

My parents. They doubt me going back to college after I get my degree in Information Systems to go back for a PhD in psychology. Not at all, I'm too focused on doing it to let them get in the way lol.

I meet people like this all the time. If they explain their point of view I try to understand it as best as I can and keep an open mind. If they refuse to even try to see my point of view, and they believe I'm wrong with no evidence except their own point of view, I think of them as narrow minded and unintelligent and it doesn't effect me in the slightest bit. Authority means nothing to me.

This changes from person to person. I'll mock people directly if they can take it. I'll please people openly if they like being pleased openly. I'm excellent at mocking/pleasing in a very indirect way though, so I tend to go that route.

Doesn't happen very much. As I always do. I don't have to if I never lose it. Nothing, there is no point in going crazy over something.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

ENTJ, I'm pretty certain about it.

0b)What is your age?

22 yo

There's many people I admire, although I don't know if I want to emulate them. Usually they belong to three cathegories: either scientists that made ground-breaking discoveries, or sport players (of the sports that I like most, mainly cycling), and lastly elite mountain climbers. I don't necessarily want to reach their extremely good performances, but perhaps leave my little mark in one of these realms and contribute positively to the advancement of humanity.

I think that it's been mostly a matter in the hands of my friends. They didn't directly do anything helpful, but their company was enough to shape me in peculiar ways that other companies wouldn't have allowed. I can see the difference because when I was 10, I purposefully changed group of friends because I thought the one I belonged was not a good influence; judging by the kind of people that have resulted from the two different sets, I can see how it was a good decision, and although I can't exactly pinpoint where and how they influenced me, I am certain that the cumulative effect has been very significant.

Usually that happens when I become overloaded with work or study and thus I can't devote some time to the activities that I deem as "Pleasurable" and that contribute positively to my well being (cycling, being in the nature, reading things that I like). Sometimes I simply ignore the obligations and go do what I want to do (usually it doesn't have too many negative consequences, except maybe that I have to stay awake one night).

Well, no, I generally am not particularly keen about belonging to groups. I understand how this may sound antisocial, but with the exception of my girlfriend and some close friends, I really prefer the company of either more immanent things (like the nature, mountains, the sea, sun), or simply of strangers (often talking with strangers gives you the opportunity to be more spontaneous because you don't have a fixed social role already). The situation in which somebody tries to unofficially make me join their group is actually more frequent; I usually try to indirectly decline, with some exceptions (namely, groups that don't demand an excess of my free time, or groups where I really like most people belonging to them).

I do remember some people thinking my priorities weren't right, but usually I don't give a shit and so I remove their criticism immediately.

I've had one ex-girlfriend telling me similar things, but she had borderline personality disorder. Frankly, in this case, I prefer not to be able to see things like her. I think that I am a sufficiently happy person, and I don't see around many people being very happy, and I am not going to take advice from people that are less happy than me. The counterintuitive notion of this situation is that happier people are less likely to criticize other people's lives, and thus the conclusion is that I rarely listen to anybody :D

Ahahah, I love making jokes. I don't think there's anything specific that triggers it, with the exception that I have to see that the other party is open to being teased.

Well when I lose control completely I get very angry and shout; I don't see the world differently, because it's usually due to another person saying something that I deem as "unfair". These incidents teach me that I should take even less seriously what people say in order to live in peace.