User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Type Description Project

I think it would be advantageous for our members to collaborate in creating profiles for each type. Often, people have an idea of their temperament, but have little grasp on their actual type, for various reasons.

Let us draft profiles that are not generalisations--that is what all the other sites have done. You may read a description--knowing full well that you are that type based on your understanding of the cognitive processes--and disagree with much that is said, because they are applying behaviors and things that have very little to do with the functions themselves to the type.

Let us draft profiles that are based on fact and not guesswork.

Example: An INFP is such because they are dominant Fi, auxiliary Ne, etc. Describing how the INFP's Fi and Ne manifest is much more helpful to someone than telling them that INFP's are friendly, shy idealists.

Explaining expressly that extroversion is based on an orientation to perception and not on how gregarious you are is an example of something we need to find in an ENFP profile.

Why should we not seek this opportunity, as members of the biggest MBTI forum on the internet, to write original profiles together so that we can direct new and existing members who question their type or are interested in learning about other types to resources within our control?

Does anyone feel me on this?

Who would like to contribute their knowledge, experience, or--if nothing else--good vibes to this project?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Sounds like a good idea.

I'll be an editor

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

So where did you want to start? Did you want us just throwing in bits and pieces here, or do you have a little list in mind? "INTP - Insert observations on this here.." sort of thing?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Lets get some J's on this project, because all I want to do is throw my 2 cents in here and there.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    INFP

NFs will write the 4 NF type descriptions.

MBTI
    INFP

An idea of the skeleton for each type's description:

Description of how the functions manifest and interact (< this is where our original content will go; that which we will collaborate upon.. The fun part!)
    Perhaps a list of insightful threads that illuminate the type
    Links to external sources pertaining to the type and/or its functions at work

All of this, if we choose to embark upon this project, will take quite some time, so you can get comfortable.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Let us draft profiles that are not generalisations--that is what all the other sites have done. You may read a description--knowing full well that you are that type based on your understanding of the cognitive processes--and disagree with much that is said, because they are applying behaviors and things that have very little to do with the functions themselves to the type.

Let us draft profiles that are based on fact and not guesswork.

Example: An INFP is such because they are dominant Fi, auxiliary Ne, etc. Describing how the INFP's Fi and Ne manifest is much more helpful to someone than telling them that INFP's are friendly, shy idealists.
    I am very much in agreement with you on this.

I think Bluewing's profiles were attempting to go this route, so that could be a starting point. Definitely agree though that NF's should write NF profiles.

Who would like to contribute their knowledge, experience, or--if nothing else--good vibes to this project?
    Don't know that I have the knowledge/experience, but I can send good vibes your way and if you have any questions on my own experiences, just shoot a note. ;-)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

we could just post keirsey's please understand me profiles lol that would be quicker

EDIT:

600th post

sick
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFP

No.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

But Also!! The fact that this is in the NF only section is sorta bugging me. I know sometimes insight from people outside of us helps. I mean You could always just delete any sassy talk that arised. But if the project's goal is accurate descriptions.. I think we need more than just NFs to help alleviate biasness..es.es..ss.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge