User Tag List

12 Last

Default Ambiverts and cognitive processes.

In theory what happens if you are a 50/50 I and E.An ambivert. Would your 1st and 2nd function and 3rd and 4th flip now and again.

The reason I ask is because that seems to be my experience IRL and was curious about the theory.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    In theory what happens if you are a 50/50 I and E.An ambivert. Would your 1st and 2nd function and 3rd and 4th flip now and again.

The reason I ask is because that seems to be my experience IRL and was curious about the theory.
    The eight functions stand in an overall balance.
    A mood may change. But it affects all people.

MBTI
    INTJ

Heh, when I'm manic, I turn into an E type and it seems I'm some sort of odd Ne/Te dominant mix.

Bipolar people are exceptions though
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    INTP

I think its more so just you're auxilary being utilized more. When I'm hanging out with some of my ENTP friends I'm like sort a side kick ENTP, when I'm drunk that is most definitely how I act. I guess its one of those things where environmentally you learn how to utilize a weaker function a lot more consciously and fluidly. You're most likely never an ambivert.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

good question. my answer is even though a test may say your 50/50, tests can be flawed. imo you are either an extrovert or an introvert. now you can be infinitely close to a 50/50 but you are still one or another.

there is a gene(s) that have to do with preference in introversion and extroversion
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hmmm...interesting...i'm right in the middle and feel like both...but i have no idea yet...so basically...you either prefer to be WITH people or not...

but...what if you relate completely to both...except for that minor detail...or is it minor?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

i read up on ambivert a little. now if it is a true 50/50 split... then i have no idea lol. personally though, i think ambiverts lean towards either introversion or extroversion. from what ive read about ambiverts, it is truly a "child" of tests. idk i got all of it off of wikipedia so its probably ehh. i would consider myself an ambivert according to that definition but i prefer extroversion. then again, i def. need my alone time.

now i think of myself as an ENFP but still an ambivert. Ambiversion works really well as a general description but not as an element of Jungs functions. from what ive noticed it mostly applies to XNXPs (i hate that notation) and most intuitives in general.

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hmmm...i thought a bit about this...and the first time i tested it said infp but i didn't notice the percentages...and i related to it...but...wouldn't have if it didn't mention the extrovert suit...or the fact that they can be quite social...so...i retook it to notice the percentages...and the 2nd time it said enfp 56% extrovert so...i'm assuming the last time i took it..it must have been close too...anyway...getting to the point...i think
    but...it makes sense that since the feeling and tuition is high that you can sense rather or not your exuberance would be appreciated in certain company...and since it's important how you are perceived...you would tone it down around some people...so knowing...how you really are outside of the you who's trying not to offend people by being too extroverted...is kinda confusing...or it is to me...maybe because i'm so in the middle??? idk....what was the question again...haha

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

the question had to do with functions. if you were an ambivert, would how would it affect your functions. ambiversion and the functions dont work together so the question is irrelevant.

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

The effects of ambiversion

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"